shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ll take fluorescence for 500

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
here a thread for all things fluorescent, from showing off fluorescent stones,to discussing absorption bands and ground states.

After testing everything I could get my hands on the only thing I have that fluoresces is this Uranium glass marble.

fluory.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I have nothing to add except that the picture you posted is way cool
10.gif

I hope more people post
12.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/5/2010 10:58:23 PM
Author:VapidLapid
here a thread for all things fluorescent, from showing off fluorescent stones,to discussing absorption bands and ground states.

After testing everything I could get my hands on the only thing I have that fluoresces is this Uranium glass marble.

Cool, I didn't know that there was Uranium in glass marbles. Is that a very old piece?

Here's the fluorescence of my grossular garnet. Yes, I was pretty shocked that a garnet could do this.

23.gif

TLgarnetfluoresce2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Normal indirect sunlight.

TLgrossularmint.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Cool thread! Fluoro is so much fun!

Gray green diamond without fluoro:

ggnofluoro.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Gray green diamond with fluoro:

ggwithfluoro.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Champagne, grayish yellow and orangy yellow diamonds before fluoro:

trionoflouro.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Same stones with fluoro:

triofluoro.JPG

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Here is another diamond with SBF.

20061231Christmas20060101.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 12:29:07 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
MtDGlow.jpg

m-p-3.jpg

mtd6.jpg
Beautiful! Is this a green diamond?

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I believe EGL called it an "N" colored diamond, I think it looks like the drink Mountain Dew :) Especially in the sunlight! Indoors its more of a yellow color.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Call me crazy, but this diamond looks green to me, like a yellowish green. Mountain Dew would probably be a better description.
2.gif

Then again, if you take a warm N and give it strong blue fluoro, you will probably get a greenish hue.

Awesome stone! Its personality is probably more like a colored diamond.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
I think you are right on the money with that, cape series yellowish stone with VSBF gives it a cool yellowish green color, kind of like its battery operated. Would you believe me if I told you it displays phosphorescence when charged with a UV light... it literally glows an orange in the dark for a few seconds! A pity my photographic set up is unable to capture the effect...

Date: 4/6/2010 12:54:35 AM
Author: platinumrock
Call me crazy, but this diamond looks green to me, like a yellowish green. Mountain Dew would probably be a better description.
2.gif

Then again, if you take a warm N and give it strong blue fluoro, you will probably get a greenish hue.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Heres a pic of my spinel from Eric, see how it glows!!!

(next to a tester stone)

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, it will helped if I attached pic!
27.gif

glowingstones12.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
The sugarloaf spinel itself!

PSP43515.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wohoo! Finally a fluorescence thread! VL, thank you for starting this thread and I hope to see tons more eye candy.
36.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love all the pics! Fluor is so fascinating to me :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I will have to work on more photos of my other stones with fluor and phosphorescence.

Here's my GIA Fancy Deep Yellow RB with Strong Green Fluor :) I love how she is super sparkly and turns so many shades of yellow, gold, orange and then she turns a wild neon green!

Fancy Deep Yellow Round with Green Fluor2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
*seethes with jealousy over everyone else''s ability to take fluorescent pictures*

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very cool photos everyone
2.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Here is an oddity or,something new to me or maybe I''m just nuts.
Could be all three!
I would not expect my asscher tsavorite to look green in the uv box since the visible part of the light in there is violet. And yet it looks as green in the uv box as it does everywhere else! So much that my camera couldnt capture the normal depths of its green without the uv!

uvtsavo.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
normal incandescent light:

uvnotsav.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
So my question is, could the stone be fluorescing at the same frequency as it''s normal body color?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Here is my GIA Chameleon FDGGY pear with my sad attempt to show her orange fluor. She also has green phosphorescence, which fades to yellow and then gone.

FDGGY Chameleon orange fluorescence3.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my color change sapphire.........

cmsflouro002.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s my pink sapphire. The FY diamonds in the bale have fluorescence as well....

cmsflouro04.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, these pics are really cool! What kind of equipment to you need to take them? I''d love to see if any of my stones have fluor.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 1:01:27 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
I think you are right on the money with that, cape series yellowish stone with VSBF gives it a cool yellowish green color, kind of like its battery operated. Would you believe me if I told you it displays phosphorescence when charged with a UV light... it literally glows an orange in the dark for a few seconds! A pity my photographic set up is unable to capture the effect...

Date: 4/6/2010 12:54:35 AM
Author: platinumrock
2.gif

Of course I''d believe you : ) That has to be the coolest thing to see. The Hope Diamond is also known to display phosphorescence. I''d love to see something like that in my stones.
6.gif

*off to see if any of my stones phosphoresce*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results