shape
carat
color
clarity

I''ll stick with buying diamond parcels from New York, safely :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_lover

Rough_Rock
With your guys advice (Paul), I''ve decided not to deal with the oversears people, and just buy from New York like you suggested. I was watching ShopNBC''s diamond jewelry chanel and some guy who designed a line for the show even buys his diamonds in parcels (I believe from New York). I''m trying to learn.
So for jewelers who want to have a certain collection, they would go to some diamond distract in New York I assume, and buy the exact .1 pointer diamonds they need for their collection in bulk (along with the gold)?
Which I guess they would then send to their manufactor to make the designs the jeweler made with his CAD program casts? (I''m guessing?)
I''m just gonna stick with US based suppliers, the whole country seems to do it, so I''m gonna do it too.

When the jeweler buys his diamond parcel, are the 1.point diamonds already cut+polished? And I assume he can require for them to be a certain clarity and color he wants them to be in, right? (like VS1 and F or G, is that a good combo for pointer diamonds?).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results