shape
carat
color
clarity

iLander Finally Gets Her Kasumi On!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I contacted Sarah, after I read on her blog that she had just received the new harvest of Kasumi pearls, and asked for a bracelet.

A couple of days later, she sent me these pics of a bracelet she had made up with me in mind. I asked specifically for Kasumi pearls that aren't too deeply rippled, but not too smooth either.

This is the pictures she sent me!

I'm so excited, this is totally my big birthday gift this year (I need SOMETHING to take the sting out of that ever-increasing number :rolleyes: ) I will try to get some pics when it comes in, but no guarantees, hubby might just grab it and hide it.

Then we'll all have to wait to see it in RL :((

KDB375 -1.jpg

KDB375 -2.jpg

KDB375 -3.jpg

KDB375 -4.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I should tell you, these pics are super washed out, on PS. :o

The colors are much more vivid and intriguing on my screen.

I was a big pain and called her twice to discuss the bracelet and it's colors, since it's a big purchase for me. I think it will be wonderful when it comes in. :love:

If you are considering Kasumi pearls, talk to her quick, she is making up strands to take to Tucson, and then they'll all be sold to less deserving people! :lol:

She has some other Kasumi bracelets on the website, in case you haven't seen them:
http://shop.kojimapearl.com/collections/pearl-bracelets

KDB375 -5.jpg

KDB375 -6.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sweet!

MoZo

ps hey, i like your reasoning: perhaps i should get a pearl rope in a length to match my coming birthday?! would certainly be a useful length!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet. I'm glad you decided not to stop with just one Kasumi pearl. Now you will have an entire wristful of pearls to admire all day.

Happy upcoming Birthday! :wavey:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
These photos are washed out?! They look beautiful and very colourful from here. Sarah's new listings (of the Kasumi bracelets) have me hankering...

This place is very bad for me. Well, for my wallet.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
@ Mozo- Thanks!

@ Flygirl- Yup, playing with this thing will pretty much ruin my productivity!

@ WHB- It's weird, the posting is open next to the originals on my desktop monitor, and the difference is like night and day. Weird!
I know what you mean, I would just bury myself in piles of pearls if I had the $$, it doesn't help that she keeps adding stuff to her site. . .

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I hardly had time to process the giant SSs and you're posting more gorgeous pearls for our viewing pleasure!
I love your new bracelet, do post 'wrist' photos when you get them. :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1295562071|2828058 said:
I hardly had time to process the giant SSs and you're posting more gorgeous pearls for our viewing pleasure!
I love your new bracelet, do post 'wrist' photos when you get them. :bigsmile:

Oh, don't worry, it'll be a long dry spell after this! My poor DH has to buy gifts for Xmas, our anniversary, and 3 birthdays, all within 4 months. So, I'm just doing him a favor! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoa, iLander, those are GORGEOUS :love: :love: :love: :love:

The colours, the textures... oh, I want, I want!!

Please post tons of pics when you get these in :sun: :appl:

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Ditto to Yssie, just WOW. Those are lovely - enjoy and happy birthday whenever it is. That is a very good anti sting device :)

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Well, turns out I'm not a Kasumi person. . .

Can you believe it? When the pearls came in, I was surprised to realize that these really aren't for me. The wrinkles, though Very minor on this bracelet, bothered me. Turns out I have very prosaic taste. I apparently like smooth pearls. I spent the weekend (got free pass from DH) really agonizing, and I realized they weren't to my particular taste.

I should have known, since I don't care for circled pearls, drusy pearls (at all), the vast majority of baroque pearls, rice pearls, or flameballs that have an apparent nucleus. I don't like coin pearls, stick pearls, the majority of keshi pearls or any pearls with a flat side. I don't like short drilled oval pearls, and I'm not a huge fan of potato pearls. I really dislike all novelty-shaped pearls, like hearts and x's.

So, I don't actually like the vast majority of pearls in the world! :shock:

I didn't realize this about myself until I wrote this post . . .

If I was on Monty Python, I would have to say "Well, not much of cheese shop, then is it?" :lol:

Apparently, I only like drops and rounds or semi-rounds. I like some baroque, but they better be pretty smooth and preferably drop shaped. I guess I'm kind of a pearl jerk . . . :((

Poor Sarah, she was very gracious and nice, especially after all the trouble that I put her through. I've shipped back the bracelet, and it should be there soon if anyone is interested.

The colors really are lovely, and show up best in indirect lighting. In full light, the bracelet gave off a mostly lavender glow with a high luster. My favorite ones were the ones nearest the clasp, which were strongly purple and gold. The colors were changeable in different lights, very similar to other freshwaters with strong color, but a pleasing overall pastel in flourescent light.

So, if you like texture and color, these will probably be perfect for you.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, in many ways. I think it is interesting how you needed to see them in person for the wrinkles to bother you. Pictures apparently do not engender the same response. I know when I recently got my baroque rope from Sarah it seemed more jagged and toothy in person than I was really expecting. But I loved the colors and the texture is growing on me.

Glad you were able to send them back so they can go to another home. Now, I'm wondering if a golden bracelet is in your future??? :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1296000463|2833003 said:
Interesting, in many ways. I think it is interesting how you needed to see them in person for the wrinkles to bother you. Pictures apparently do not engender the same response. I know when I recently got my baroque rope from Sarah it seemed more jagged and toothy in person than I was really expecting. But I loved the colors and the texture is growing on me.

Glad you were able to send them back so they can go to another home. Now, I'm wondering if a golden bracelet is in your future??? :))

I guess that once they became 3D, instead of 2D, it became more apparent.

What do you mean "toothy"?

RE: the golden bracelet. Am I really that predictable? :rolleyes: Sigh . . . apparently so! Update soon. :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you have to agonize, then its not what you want.....one of my lessons learned in life.

you did the right thing. they will find a home where they will be adored.

on to the next project!

MoZo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results