shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI Grading Lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
My roommate has a friend that works for IGA and I was reading some old posts about how IGI is a bit lenient on their grading. I haven''t sent any specs on the diamond I am looking for but I was wondering should I skew the specs I want since they are so lenient? Normally I don''t really want to go past H in color but should I say I don''t want to go past F in color when sending my request? Also, what do you think I should look out for? I want a .75+ carat diamond, E-H in color, no less than an SI2 in clarity. I would like it to be eye clean. Ideally cut diamond. Our budget is 3,000. Just wondering what your thoughts were on this.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Jenga019,

If you already know IGI is leniant then why waste your time even considering those diamonds? You can buy an ideal cut GIA graded H-SI2 off the internet for under $2500 and you''ll pay no sales tax to boot. Isn''t that a much better solution with much less worry?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
On the front home page down the lower left you can read a survey of labs that shows that the grading of EGL USA was far stricter than their reputation and the myths have people believe. We would have covered IGI too - but they had insufficient web listed stones to enable the pricing comparison part of the survey. It is often said you should buy the diamond - not the report.
As Jim says - it is often that diamonds on the web are often at lower prices, but in the end it is up to you to learn or do what you choose.

Jenga019

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice!! I guess I was pushing to use IGI because I told my roommate I would use his connection. I guess I will just tell him that we got a really great deal somewhere else and we couldn''t pass it up.

And actually Jim from DCD I will be paying sales tax if I buy from you because I live in MD! Which is a bummer!!
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results