color
clarity

If you were invited to a wedding w/out your children

Would you go?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• Maybe (please explain if you select maybe)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the responses. We obviously have a lot of decisions to make. After reading some of the responses, I realized that it probably is difficult to find childcare for an overnight stay (it would have to be overnight) which means the kids have to come. And even though we can provide a sitter, for the 6 that are less than 3 years old I''m not sure if I would even be comfortable leaving them in a hotel room with someone and I''m not even a mom.

We will see. I''m going to visit them next weekend and talk to them while I''m there. I''m guessing that at the end of the day, they''ll be invited. One of the kids is my Godson, and two others are my brothers'' Goddaughters.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 9:15:01 AM
Author: fieryred33143
And even though we can provide a sitter, for the 6 that are less than 3 years old I''m not sure if I would even be comfortable leaving them in a hotel room with someone and I''m not even a mom.
You''d need more than one sitter, too, it sounds like. If it were a group of only 6+ kids, sure, let one person handle it... but as someone who''s done a lot of nannying in her day, I would personally be uncomfortable having my under 6 child watched by a sitter who had so many OTHER children on their hands.

I personally think a good rule of thumb is one sitter per every three kids...

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Depends if I could get reliable and trusted babysitter, which for me is basically family or close friends. The invitation would have to come from someone really close for me to organise all that and not just a work college iykwim.

Personally, I love kids at weddings, visions of big italion/greek celebrations with various generations all celebrating the union of two families.

35.gif

s2b

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results