shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were getting your first Louis Vuitton....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
which one would you choose? I really like the Neverfull, the Speedy, the Batignolles, and the Popincourt Haut. I would probably go for the Neverfull, but there is not a zip closure and that bothers me a little. Any opinions? Thanks
1.gif

The Neverfull:

http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11555562

The Speedy:

http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=10022844

The Batignolles:

http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=10885631

Te Popincourt:

http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=10826017

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 or #3. They look more finished than the others for some reason.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2008 8:12:50 AM
Author: neatfreak
#2 or #3. They look more finished than the others for some reason.
Steph, I agree with Neat with the choices.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love all your choices! I have the Neverfull MM and use it when I travel as a carry-on tote. It''s incredibly sturdy. Last time I was at the airport I saw someone with this new Louis and I just loved the look of it. Not sure if it''s your style, but wanted to post a link. It''s the Galliera PM:
http://www.eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=11929130

Have fun choosing and please posts pics when you decide
35.gif

sputat

Rough_Rock
The Speedy is a classic and it''s one of my favorite LV styles. I would vote for this but do keep in mind that it is a hand-held bag. It gets heavy when full and a bit of a drag if you''re out shopping... my arm gets tired and I have to put it down when shopping for clothes, etc. My experience anyway. Also, since it''s very popular, you will bump into people carrying the same style, real or fake. I remember when I was on vacation in Chicago, I was crossing Michigan Avenue and 4 other girls were carrying the same bag, either in a 25 or a 30. It made me chuckle. Btw, my first LV was a Speedy 25. My mom''s was a 30. Later, I got a 30 as well but Graffiti.

My next choice would be the Neverfull MM. I own a Goyard that is comparable to this style and I have used it non-stop since I got it last year. I have never owned a tote-style bag, much less an open top but it''s so handy that I have been converted. I imagine that this bag would be my go-to bag when we start a family.

Anyway, good luck deciding. If you have a Louis near you, go and try on all 4 bags, and then some. Have fun!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm LOVING the Popincourt.
30.gif

I like the idea of the Speedy but from what I've seen on others, it starts to lose its shape when you start putting things in it. I'm not a fan of the saggy-bottom look, and that's the first thing I notice when I see people who are carrying it out on the street. That's not to say it's not a gorgeous bag, though, because it is!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Id go with The Batignolles or Te Popincourt
28.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
If I were getting my first LV, I would go for the speedy. It''s just so classic and the price is not so bad so you won''t feel so guilty.
31.gif

I would pick it if I knew that was my first of many!

But if I was going to pick a bag and it was going to be the only bag I had for a while, I would then get the Batignolles or the neverfull mm.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2008 10:46:38 AM
Author: star sparkle
I''m LOVING the Popincourt.
30.gif

I like the idea of the Speedy but from what I''ve seen on others, it starts to lose its shape when you start putting things in it. I''m not a fan of the saggy-bottom look, and that''s the first thing I notice when I see people who are carrying it out on the street. That''s not to say it''s not a gorgeous bag, though, because it is!
oh good! i''m glad someone voted for the Popincourt... that one is my favorite of the ones you posted Steph! i think all the little details make for a nice look, plus i am always a sucker for adjustable straps as getting the right drop makes all the difference in whether a bag rests comfortably and you use it!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Speedy. I
30.gif
my Speedy. However, my first was a Papillon and I see that''s not an option, but I do
30.gif
Papillon.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2008 11:58:57 AM
Author: butterfly 17
If I were getting my first LV, I would go for the speedy. It''s just so classic and the price is not so bad so you won''t feel so guilty.
31.gif
Ditto, I think the Speedy is classic! How fun Steph!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
definitely #1 or #2.
i think speedy is most classic if that''s what you''re looking for.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I adore the Popincourt Haute.............Neverfull pretty sweet too.....

cheers--Sharon

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought the speedy as my first LV, carried it 3 times and then I put it in its bag on a shelf in my closet. It hasn''t seen the light of day in over 2 years because I couldn''t get used to a hand-held purse. I also have the Batignolles Horizontal, which I love. I don''t think I have carried anything else since I bought it a year ago! It doesn''t zip, so you will want to keep that in mind if that might bother you.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 12:22:46 AM
Author: deegee
I bought the speedy as my first LV, carried it 3 times and then I put it in its bag on a shelf in my closet. It hasn''t seen the light of day in over 2 years because I couldn''t get used to a hand-held purse.
Hand-held purses are not for everyone. Steph, have you carried around that style before? I''ve always found it not to work when trying to tend to and carry around my sons, so I use long, adjustable strapped handbags.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do not love the Speedy. It is their classic shape but I really do not love it.

Have the large Neverfull and love it as my travel tote.

There is a new style that I love, the Galleria, comes in two sizes and has a magnetic closure. It has sort of a hobo shape and I am flipping over it. I also think the Tivoli is nice. I definitely want one.

I had the large Tulum and I LOVE it. So wearable, zips closed and it is young looking without being too young if that makes sense. Gives a fresh take on the monogram brown LV.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I just purchased my first! After much debate and trying-on, I went with the Speedy 25. I didn''t like that it was going to sag but I found someone who makes inserts for the bottom so that its stiff and won''t sag anymore. I haven''t had one regret about my Speedy!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just cannot do a bag for daily use with a shoulder strap. It is fine for a nice luncheon but I cannot make it work for a every day.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Like DF i don''t like the speedy. *shrug* I don''t like the shape. I have a mongram Alma which i love love to bits. Just works for me and easy to find everything.
I have a Noe which is a
9.gif
bottomless pit and so frustrating but I heart it nevertheless

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/8/2008 12:48:00 AM
Author: MC

Date: 5/8/2008 12:22:46 AM
Author: deegee
I bought the speedy as my first LV, carried it 3 times and then I put it in its bag on a shelf in my closet. It hasn''t seen the light of day in over 2 years because I couldn''t get used to a hand-held purse.
Hand-held purses are not for everyone. Steph, have you carried around that style before? I''ve always found it not to work when trying to tend to and carry around my sons, so I use long, adjustable strapped handbags.
HI:

True. But you can buy the long shoulder strap. Personally, I do not care for the Speedy in any size. There are much more elegant (aka sexy) shapes in the LV line
1.gif
)

cheers--Sharon

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 1:18:17 AM
Author: diamondfan

I had the large Tulum and I LOVE it. So wearable, zips closed and it is young looking without being too young if that makes sense. Gives a fresh take on the monogram brown LV.

I love the tulum GM. It is so nice. That is the next bag on my list. I just bought a black denim neo cabby two weeks ago that I have not used yet and I am already looking at the tulum. Very nice!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
The great thing about an LV is that there are so many to chose from, there is a style for everyone to love!!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, I meant without a strap. My typing skills stink at night!

I have the black denim and I love it. I also am waiting to crack out the bronze Mahina. I really do love the look of the softer hobo shapes.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I went w/ the Batignolles Horiz.
I don''t care that mine doesn''t zip up personally.
I like it better than the Speedy because everyone has the Speedy around here, even HS girls. Also, I NEED a should bag, I dont like hand bags.
The Neverfull''s straps are too thin for me.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, thanks you guys for all the feedback! I think I have eliminated the Speedy from the list, even though I really like it and think it is very classic. I have a Coach bad without shoulder straps and it gets very heavy and hard to carry while trying to shop and hold onto a 3-year- old''s hand.

Golden, I love the one you posted...I had never seen that one. I think I am going to have to go up to the LV store to try them on.

Thanks again everyone!

golden

Shiny_Rock
I have the white multicolore speedy that my mom gave me for Christmas 4ish years ago...the leather seems to be thicker then the monogram speedy so the bottom doesn't sag as much as the monogram. The original speedy is definitely a classic bag and if you have a shoulder bag already and want something different, then I would keep the speedy in mind. Of your choices, the speedy is definitely my 2nd choice.
What about the Alma- it is more classic then trendy-
http://eluxury.com/estore/browse/product_detail.jsp?id=10022705

The Deauville is more expensive as well, but I love it

BTW- I just checked out the speedy multicolore, I cannot believe how much it went up in price

Heidi137

Shiny_Rock
The third one is by far my favorite.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
The Neverfull is nice, but when you have it cinched on the sides, it starts losing it''s shape. On mine, one side seems to "fall in" compared to the other. You can put many many things inside, but the thin straps start digging into your shoulders and it starts hurting after a while. If I could go back in time, I would have gone with the Batignolles. It''s more structered than the Neverfull. Also, they will be coming out with a Damier Neverfull as well. The Galliera is beautiful in person. I saw this one recently and
30.gif
. You should just try and see how they all feel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results