shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were a ring, where would you hide?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Mine was in the center console thing of his car. He took great pleasure later telling me it was "next to me" almost every day. Arrrg!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a funny story about that...

DH got my ring and had it in a pouch and he carefully placed it between the mattress and the box spring. He was waiting for my graduation from college dinner with my family to propose.

For some reason, we had been talking about getting a new mattress. It was due to be delivered within the week, and (my dinner was within the week as well, but I did not know he was proposing then). My mom was telling me how mattressess often have very long warranties and that it was smart to put the guarantee/receipt between the mattress and the box spring so you would never lose it. I told dh this, and a whle later he told me he was so scared that I had either snooped or would find the ring because it seemed odd to say that, so he moved it into the jacket pocket of the coat he was wearing to the dinner. I remember him, the night of the dinner, standing looking like he was deciding what to wear...and seeing no ring box bulge...because the ring was in a pouch. He had dropped a box off to the restaurant earlier in the day so he could excuse himself and get the box to put the ring in, but knew I would notice a box in his pocket on the way to dinner! He was definitely slick!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
df -- that is a funny story! what are the chances?? the pouch was definitely a smart move -- i've certainly kept an eye out for funny-shaped bulges... I think mine may be in a pouch too -- other things I've gotten from the same jeweler have been in a pouch...
i really thought last night might be it -- but i was wrong. oh, well. i did get a nice steak dinner (he is the designated red-meat cooker). it was so tempting to look after he went to bed (i was up late doing work). but i exercised my willpower. so i still don't know where or when. he must have something planned if he's waited this long (ok, so its only 4 days). back to more waiting...

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
A mutual friend of ours told him to wait one whole year to propose, that way it would be a real surprise.
I don't think so!!!! I told him. I may be patient, but not as patient as her waiting a whole 5 years to get engaged!

Next Sunday is my birthday, some how I don;t think he'd do it then because you kinda expect something on your b-day and it's kind of a cop out in a way. After that, we will be busy for the rest of the month and I know this month will be shot!
7.gif

Then we'll be rolling into May and hell he might as well wait till the 4th of July, the date he intended on last year, but the ring wasn't ready.

P.s. he made me steak too last night! weird, because we rarely have it

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone mention Glove Box of the car?

That''s where I would hide it.
2.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve already ruled out the car -- even though it is insured I have a feeling that the insurance company might argue that we failed to take reasonable steps to prevent the loss if the ring was left in a car parked on the street in downtown Philly! His car is so gross inside that I doubt anyone would bother stealing it or breaking in, and cars don''t get bothered all that much in our neighborhood other than being ticketed, but its still a pretty big risk. Other than that it would be a great place -- we rarely use the car so I am rarely in it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Patience, grasshopper! It will happen. I live in the Main Line, and we hope to plan a GTG soon...

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I only think a car is a good idea if it''s in a locked garage!

Coat pocket is good, expect if you are like me and throw on his jacket or something.

I''d hide it in the garage, in a tool box, that''s a mans place and a girl would rarely go rumaging through a tool box.

Inside a clock....? looking at the clock hanging up on the wall.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, DF, a Philly GTG...sounds intriguing...

MF -- the steak was a pretty weird coincidence -- maybe we''re both getting close! I am the handy one in the house, so I doubt he''d pick the tool box. We are both messy, so it could be just about anywhere. Now I''m brainstorming places where I would pick. I think inside the piano case might be a spot I''d never look (neither would he!). Can''t be in the guitar, it would make noise when he picked it up to play it. I never go in the cabinet under the sink, either, and I think that''s where my kitty hides all her toys. I''m not a big movie-watcher, so it could be in any of the DVD cases. It could be behind the books on the bookshelf. It could be taped to the underside of the table or chairs!! Hmm...I''ll have to keep all these ideas on file in case I decide to buy him something small that I want to hide...

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
enbc!

You are driving yourself crazy! I know you can''t help it, you are getting me all revved up too! All this speculation is so exciting, the antisipation just keeps getting bigger and bigger, then it makes it so much more magical when the moment arrives!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results