shape
carat
color
clarity

If you lost your engagement ring would you.....

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
A slight variation of the same... I originally wanted something around 1:1.10 to 1:1.15 and I got 1:1.26 which is a little long... not too long... and I like it better than the total 1:1 squares, but I think somewhere in the range I mentioned would be my ideal. And I would stay with the VS2 clarity (my sweet spot) but I would get the cheapest color and biggest stone I could find in my replacement $ budget lol Hopefully somewhere around and L-N instead of the J it is.

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
HollyS|1317054768|3025900 said:
There are other beautiful, spectactular rings out there . . . but they are not MY rings.

Even if something happened to my ring, I think we would buy the same setting again (maybe with a slightly bigger diamond :bigsmile: ). The day we chose this setting and stone is a cherished memory, [...] And I want to see THIS style on my hand because it is MY ring. [...]

The bottom line is this: my particular rings mean the world to me. Other rings and stones are beautiful (especially Haven's lovely), but they can't replace how I feel about mine.
I feel like this too.

In your situation (where you obviously want to change it), I'd talk with my husband and take his opinions into consideration. After all, it is a symbol of his love and devotion to you, so what he wants and how he feels should matter as much your opinions do.

I hope you find a solution you are both happy with. =)

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends the most on how you and your husband feel. I'm keeping our center stone and have already reset it, and may reset again, but I have the original setting also and may do something with it (melt it down for something else? rhodium plate it?).

Even if my husband and I were both sentimentally attached to the 1st ring that got lost, we would probably pick something new we both liked. You case is not the same as a reset or upgrade--the original is gone. Just my 2 cents.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results