shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had to name your child after a song....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RoseRed

Shiny_Rock
This is a fun thread

I''m named after a 1966 song (shows my age!) called "Just Walk Away Renee" by a pretty obscure band named The Left Banke.

My aunt loved the song and suggested to my mom....I have to admit I do a goofy grin and sing thing
when I catch it on the radio. That same aunt ended up naming my cousin after the Simon & Garfunkel tune
"Cecilia"

I also went to school with a girl named Cinnamon after that song Cinnamon Girl...not sure who recorded that.

And I''ve met a Rhiannon too!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 1:52:40 PM
Author: labbielove
Not sure what I would pick, but the coolest one I ever met in real life is a girl named Rhiannon.
The first thing she said after we met her was ''yes, my parents are Fleetwood Mac fans.''
I went to high school with a girl named Rhiannon. I never talked to her, but it''s safe to assume she was named after the song too.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Jolene from the song by Dolly Parton. "Your beauty is beyond compare with flaming locks of auburn hair, with ivory skin and eyes of emerald green. Your smile is like a breath of spring, your voice is soft like summer rain..." When I was growing up I thought that woman must be the most beautiful woman ever. And, at the same time, my best friend looked just like that and her name WAS Jolene!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
My pick would be Aubrey by Bread. I love that song.
4.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge Beatles fan and I love Jude. However, if I ever have a child I plan on having a girl so I choose Julia.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I went to high school with an Aubrey and a Jolene, too. Didn''t know Aubrey was a song,always loved her name, it was so fitting of her (dark skin, long beautiful hair, gorgeous, gorgeous girl). The Jolene I knew looked exactly like I picture a Jolene, sorta had a southern belle thing about her, even though we lived in Southern California.

Starset, both names are gorgeous.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I was named after a Louis Armstrong song "Jeannine I dream of lilac time". But my mom said my g''pa used to sing it to me.
30.gif

Manhattan Transfer does a jazz standard song of my name, and I *think* its a Cole Porter cover, but I''m not sure. One of my customers when I was a bank teller in college was a jazz singer & she used to belt it out every time she came in to deposit her checks. Funny.

My son & daughter aren''t named after any songs, but my dad has always sung "Suddenly I see" and focus on the "you can see she a beautiful girl she''s a beautiful girl" refrain. He does it so often, my 3 year old son requests it. "Momma can we play Delaney''s song" And when the phrasing hits "Suddenly I see...." my son yells "baby sister delaney" on the echo. Its a riot.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 1:53:25 AM
Author: divergrrl

My son & daughter aren''t named after any songs, but my dad has always sung ''Suddenly I see'' and focus on the ''you can see she a beautiful girl she''s a beautiful girl'' refrain. He does it so often, my 3 year old son requests it. ''Momma can we play Delaney''s song'' And when the phrasing hits ''Suddenly I see....'' my son yells ''baby sister delaney'' on the echo. Its a riot.
This is so sweet, Jeanine!

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 4:45:40 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 8/4/2008 1:52:40 PM
Author: labbielove
Not sure what I would pick, but the coolest one I ever met in real life is a girl named Rhiannon.
The first thing she said after we met her was ''yes, my parents are Fleetwood Mac fans.''
I went to high school with a girl named Rhiannon. I never talked to her, but it''s safe to assume she was named after the song too.
my sorority sister in college was named Rhiannon and she was the most beautiful girl ever.. i thought that her name was so perfect for her

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I was set on naming my future daughter Ruby Tuesday like the Rolling Stones song but I discovered there are a million restaurants in the lower 48 named the same
29.gif
There is not one in Alaska! Good thing I only had boys.......

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
It used to be ''Marianne'' by Leonard Cohen, I just love the emotion behind that song. But then my friend got a gf called Marianne so tha''s not really an option any more
38.gif

I was named after a slightly eccentric singer famous in the 60s, 70s and again in the late 80s/90s...not really thanking my mum for that

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Great thread. I ran this question by DH and he came up with Brandy from "Brandy (You''re a Fine Girl)" by Looking Glass. It was released the year we graduated from HS and met (1972), and was played constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results