shape
carat
color
clarity

If the ladies did the picking...

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I had a funny conversation with my SO this weekend, he said that if women picked their SO's wedding rings, way more guys would be sporting bling! SO thinks that more guys would have big diamonds and stones in their rings. What do you think? And, if you were to pick out your SO's wedding band (and maybe you have), would you include some bling? How much?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted SO to try on a band i liked at T&Co....i knew he wouldn't want bling(and i don't particularly like diamonds on dudes anyways) - but i thought it would be cute to have bands from the same place...He LOVED IT! Good and bad. It's really overpriced for what it is...and GOOD he can join in on my addiction. Just this weekend when we were in there we walked by the case and he said how cute it will be that we will have a pair of t&co wb haha and we arent even engaged yet (WHAT THE FRACK...I WANT IT NOW!) and im devising the savings plans for these dumb rings (my wedding band $4,895 - His $2,400)

This is the one he wants.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=GRP01739

Edit: TYPOS!

PS...what would you choose?

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
I really don't know much (if anything) about wedding bands, but I am not a fan of bling or diamonds on guys so I definitely don't think that would be true for myself. I can't even imagine my SO sporting bling of any sort :lol:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I got him to try on this Tacori band. When I showed it to him online, he didn't like AT ALL. I think, with the pictures being so big, the engraving was too much in his mind. HOWEVER, when he tried it on, he LOVED it. We're going to get it but with a matte yellow gold background behind the engraving, the rest will be white gold - Tacori used to have an example on their old site but since the re-vamp I haven't seen it.

There are some blingy men's band on the SMTB thread which I'd love to see SO try on, just to get an idea if he can do diamonds.

timsband.jpg

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
DH thought I was nuts when I told him I wanted to get him a wedding band with diamonds on it. UNTIL he actually tried one on and loved the look. I bought him a really fabulous platinum and diamond wedding band and it looks awesome on him! He is not a jewelry wearer in any sense of the word, but there is something awesome about seeing a little bit of sparkle on his finger...LOVE IT!! Just an FYI, it is a lot more subtle in person.

pinky_2.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, my man would have more bling. He hates anything remotely shiny, and prefers everything to be of matte finish because of this. I like matte, sure, but not for everything!

I'd want him to have two bands, a plain one and one with diamonds. The "plain" one would have diamond accents. And the one with diamonds would be an attempt to bring back gypsy rings, with a huge fat thick yellow gold band with at least 1 carat RB. hehehe. Like a mobster!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
LLC, love that Tiffany band!!! Has a good bit of detail but still understated.
maccers love that Tacori band! I haven't seen it forreals, but I can definitely see why the large picture of it would make a guy think it is too "girly" and swirly. The two-tone metal sounds amazing though.
SLS I really like that bling!! It does seem like it would be subtle IRL but that bit of bling definitely sets it apart.

Knowing my SO, I would never picture him with a diamond band so I won't even try. He's got a pretty basic style and he works on the farm quite a bit when he goes home so I don't really think it'd be practical for him either. I would pick something similar to the one LLC's SO picked. I do want to get it engraved on the inside with something in Chinese though...haven't decided what! I would suggest putting a diamond inside for fun, but he would probably say it's silly because no one can see it at that point haha.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would hope the ladies would choose the rings according to the wearer's taste, not their own! To me, this sounds like "if men chose their ladies' engagement rings, we would see a lot more architectural pieces instead of dainty pave", in reverse.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1357327282|3347380 said:
I would hope the ladies would choose the rings according to the wearer's taste, not their own! To me, this sounds like "if men chose their ladies' engagement rings, we would see a lot more architectural pieces instead of dainty pave", in reverse.

I would definitely take into consideration my SO's tastes - as it's often said on PS 'she/he is the one who has to wear it'. There are a lot of guys on PS trying to surprise their ladies and sometimes without much consultation so I just thought it'd be fun to consider the flip-side and see what ladies would like their SOs to consider for a band.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1357323556|3347317 said:
DH thought I was nuts when I told him I wanted to get him a wedding band with diamonds on it. UNTIL he actually tried one on and loved the look. I bought him a really fabulous platinum and diamond wedding band and it looks awesome on him! He is not a jewelry wearer in any sense of the word, but there is something awesome about seeing a little bit of sparkle on his finger...LOVE IT!! Just an FYI, it is a lot more subtle in person.

I think his ring is FAB! I really like it, I think it suits his hands very very well. I've seen some diamonds on my SO and, so far, it's been 'meh'.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I could get a sparkly on my DH, I'd go for Stacy's DH's band!! I LOVE THAT!!! On our 25th anniversary, we both purchased silver bands - mine was the Somerset with 5 diamonds in a vertical channel, and DH got the Atlas band. I really wanted him to get something with a diamond -- nope, no way, no how, un uh.... not gonna happen. RATS!

But Stacy, your man is rockin' my ideal man's wedding band!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I would never buy diamonds for my DH--I don't like them on men. Luckily neither does he.

cheers--Sharon

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1357328755|3347404 said:
HI:

I would never buy diamonds for my DH--I don't like them on men. Luckily neither does he.

cheers--Sharon

+1

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1357326508|3347359 said:
SLS I really like that bling!! It does seem like it would be subtle IRL but that bit of bling definitely sets it apart.

Knowing my SO, I would never picture him with a diamond band so I won't even try. He's got a pretty basic style and he works on the farm quite a bit when he goes home so I don't really think it'd be practical for him either. I would pick something similar to the one LLC's SO picked. I do want to get it engraved on the inside with something in Chinese though...haven't decided what! I would suggest putting a diamond inside for fun, but he would probably say it's silly because no one can see it at that point haha.

DH actually makes customs cabinets and does all sorts of historical restoration and things that require hands-on, getting dirty kind of stuff. He doesn't wear his ring to work, but puts it on during the evenings and on weekends :)

maccers|1357327943|3347389 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1357323556|3347317 said:

I think his ring is FAB! I really like it, I think it suits his hands very very well. I've seen some diamonds on my SO and, so far, it's been 'meh'.

Thank you! Keep on looking :) You never know what you might find!

Enerchi|1357328071|3347394 said:
If I could get a sparkly on my DH, I'd go for Stacy's DH's band!! I LOVE THAT!!! On our 25th anniversary, we both purchased silver bands - mine was the Somerset with 5 diamonds in a vertical channel, and DH got the Atlas band. I really wanted him to get something with a diamond -- nope, no way, no how, un uh.... not gonna happen. RATS!

But Stacy, your man is rockin' my ideal man's wedding band!! :love:

Aww! Thank you! Maybe you can talk him into it in another 25 lol

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Maccers!!!! I'm LOVING that tacori band!!!! :love: :love:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't given it much thought but I'm sure M would want something simple. No bling. If I was him, I would want a band with black.... But that's why I'm not him. I'd at least hope he'd wear one. Stupid mentioned in passing once he wouldn't wear one because he would risk electrocution. Um..... He presses buttons on a board, or clicks a mouse. I don't think he'd get electrocuted doing that. Lol

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't choose bling for L, no way. I am not a fan of bling on men really - though some can pull it off. L is not one of them! I know he won't be able to wear it to work because he is a tradie, he would get it coated in plaster etc and also it's a bit dangerous as he uses hand held power tools and says he has seen nasty accidents where guy's fingers have been ripped up due to getting their ring caught. I know he would like a really wide chunky band. If it were up to me I wouldnt choose one probably as wide as he would like (I have a weird vision of a ring going all the way up to his knuckle!) but still pretty chunky, matt finish with some detail like a narrow channel/stripe design. I quite like hammered finish as well but probably would go for something classic.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, he saw me posting that from my phone last night, and he said "I'd want something simple, MAYBE a small diamond or two."

LOL exactly what I thought.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1357327868|3347388 said:

I would definitely take into consideration my SO's tastes - as it's often said on PS 'she/he is the one who has to wear it'. There are a lot of guys on PS trying to surprise their ladies and sometimes without much consultation so I just thought it'd be fun to consider the flip-side and see what ladies would like their SOs to consider for a band.

Exactly! I don't think at all that we would ever force them to wear bling if they really didn't want to...but just ideas of what we think they might like if they were open to the idea. I'm sure some guys just don't give it much thought to begin with. Case in point:

MBKRH|1357390972|3347909 said:
Okay, he saw me posting that from my phone last night, and he said "I'd want something simple, MAYBE a small diamond or two."

:naughty: :bigsmile: If I thought about this as if I was picking out his wedding ring without any input from him (as some of the guys who come on RT do), I would still take his personality/preferences into consideration and not go with bling. But that's why I wouldn't pick it out without any of his opinion, because he's gotta wear it the rest of his life too! And if he ends up wanting a lil bit of bling after trying it on, I wouldn't be upset ;-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You're right, I wouldn't force him to wear something not to his liking. I'd just make him like it.

:naughty:
JK!!
I forgot to think about his wants :oops: hehe, you caught me, LadyD!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
MBKRH|1357390972|3347909 said:

Bwahahaha! This really made me giggle! My SO wants diamonds but we haven't been able to find something that looks quite right for him. Plus he's pretty set on the Tacori now.

ETA: when we first started talking wedding bands, SO was all 'no bling' but then that became 'maybe some bling' which has led to trying on bling...so you never know!

starrylight

Shiny_Rock
I've already picked his out :-o (to at least show him anyway) :saint:
il_570xn_8.jpg
It's a meteorite inlaid in palladium from etsy, I'm just not sure if they could resize it.

He mentioned the black tungsten bands, which I had actually had on my list prior to finding the meteorite one, so I do think I would be on the right track. But diamonds? On his band? :shock: Although I did love the HoF men's band someone posted in the Show Me the Bling (please tell me I'm not the only one that has several options lined up for him after seeing that that folder)
hofmensband.png

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Given that he'd always made everything about "me" when we were dating & engaged, I really wanted him to get whatever he wanted for his wedding band. Turns out he likes substantial (thick) rings w/ a little bling, so that's what he got.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
starrylight - I really like that meteorite band! I love the text of it and the pewter/dark grey colour.

Roxy - do you have a pic of your guys band? I'd love to see some heavy metal with some bling!

advokait

Rough_Rock
My SO would die if I even suggested bling on his WB, I have mentioned the milgrained T&Co ones before and he doesn't mind the look of those... he really wants yellow gold though so that's his only request thus far and I would prefer if we had matching bands. I don't mind mixing metals so it might make for an interesting pairing. :) I've loved everyone's pictures so far, let's see some more!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to have to start a thread eventually about this. SO has weird quirks, and one of them is that he has weird physical/touch issues. I bought him a beautiful brushed/matte white gold band with a diamond sliver, very masculine but modern. He doesn't wear it because he hates how thick it is so that when he wears it, his fingers can't touch each other. So I got him a thinner silver band, just to try out. Nope, it still won't let him close his fingers properly. He wants it tighter on the finger, but his knuckles are much larger, so it has to be big to get over that.

I'm quite frustrated abt it!!

I love that meteorite band, it looks so beautiful. That texture is awesome.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
starrylight said:
il_570xn_8.jpg
It's a meteorite inlaid in palladium from etsy, I'm just not sure if they could resize it.

He mentioned the black tungsten bands, which I had actually had on my list prior to finding the meteorite one, so I do think I would be on the right track. But diamonds? On his band? :shock: Although I did love the HoF men's band someone posted in the Show Me the Bling (please tell me I'm not the only one that has several options lined up for him after seeing that that folder)
hofmensband.png
maccers|1357572269|3349442 said:
starrylight - I really like that meteorite band! I love the text of it and the pewter/dark grey colour.

Roxy - do you have a pic of your guys band? I'd love to see some heavy metal with some bling!
Starry: I really like that first band! :love: :love:

Maccers: I don't have any pictures, but I'll try to take some this weekend if I can get it off of his finger :lol: . DH loves substantial jewelry, so I have the opposite problem as Madelise. As 'large' as I consider his original YG band to be (which is what he still mainly wears right now), when we recently changed out my wedding set from YG to platinum & diamonds, he wanted a WG band that's twice the width of the first one (& has even more bling). It's hilarious!! I'll try to get a pic of that one too but he'd die if he knew I was posting pics of his rings on PS, so we'll see how that goes .... ;))

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
madelise - I'm not sure how you get around that! Has he tried wearing a ring for a week? To see if he gets used to it? Eventually, he should stop noticing it. However, this is coming from someone who fidgets with her rings ALL THE TIME and takes them off and on constantly. Maybe your SO needs to consider a wedding band tattoo! :Up_to_something:

Roxy - Ok, your last post has made me even more intrigued about your SO's jewelry! I hope you can get some pics! I'm trying to think of a cover story for you but so far, I have nothing!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
The 'manly' looking bands are not SO's taste at all, I guess he is a bit girly! :lol: It'll be YG with/without bling.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
starrylight|1357495201|3348882 said:
il_570xn_8.jpg

hofmensband.png

I like the second one- I dunno if M would find it too "blingy", but I think it's tasteful.

But, both rings are very lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results