carat
color
clarity

If money was limitless

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would your dream ring be like? :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
Heck, let's also pretend that there's also possibilities to get the impossible.. like perfect AGS0 vivid red MRBs in 100000 carats.

NO LIMITS.
What's your "ultimate"?

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I couldn't even begin to think about it!
Many moons ago, M mentioned a budget of about 3 g's. I was like "uh..... what?" Not to be shallow or anything, but that's pitiful, I'm sorry. I'm not looking for a 3+ carat set in platinum, but come on!

I've got quite a bit of research to do yet........... I can't even think of what I'd want, if money was no object. :confused:
All I know is I'd like a princess cut in white gold.... three stone, or maybe a solitaire. But lately I've been leaning towards something with a halo. UGH!!!! That's my problem, I am constantly changing my mind.

Man....... nevermind, I pass on this question! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm...9ish carats, chunky facets, bright yellow, LM or SK - fluid lines, no milgrain or pave. Like boston_jeff's but bigger and canary yellow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1350740933|3289059 said:
missy|1350720442|3288983 said:
OK, timely question because a few days ago I ran across this. Droolworthy!! :love: :love: :love:
My dream ring (for now)...

http://www.rauantiques.com/item/Antique-Cushion-Cut-Diamond-Ring.29-2741.html

That. is. STUNNING. :o Totally love it.

I love it so much that I emailed it to my dh when I found it (it's on sale lol) and told him to start playing the lottery. I told him if I can get this ring I wouldn't need to purchase any more jewelry!! :love: But I don't think he quite believes me... :cheeky:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Unlimited budget would probably land me a three stone...

Center stone would be a 2 or 3 carat D IF round with perfect cut.
Side stones would be two .75-1 carat perfectly matched natural fancy light blue rounds ;-)

Put some nice melee on the band and call it a day :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A 4 ctw, ideal cut RB, D IF, solitaire from Cartier, Harry Winston or Tiffany..... :lickout:

cheers--Sharon

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm boring. Tbh if money was no object, I'd want the biggest Tiffany solitaire they sell lol. I saw a big ole 2+ carat honker last time I was in and I was drooling lol!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I'd have Kennedy's ring remade by SS or someone similar for a GIANT OEC....somewhere around 4-5c, doesnt need to be D-E-F, anything in the GIA I-J range or above will do.

I think. This is a hard one. I also love the first Coati ring from SS, but I think if budget was unlimited, I wouldnt want what is effectively a stock piece.

kennedy3.jpg

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I lied - it would be a giant AVR! THROW THE PRICETAG TO THE WIND

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
So, if money was limitless, I think I wouldn't choose one dream ring, but rather SEVERAL dream rings! ;-) I really think all these styles are gorgeous and if my money was limitless, I would buy every single one of these and switch them up depending on my mood for the day :)

These are what I would pick:

A 1.5-1.75 RB solitaire in Mark Morrell's Petite Torchiere with the diamonds in the head.
A three stone like Yssie's old ring. I would probably use a 2 ct RB center and then 0.25 ct sides. (Can't remember if that is close to what Yssie had or not)
A 1.5 AVC in a delicate halo by VC or SK.
A 2 carat EC with a tapered baguette diamond setting.
And, a five stone ring with 0.3 RB stones.

If you told me I had to pick only one of these, it would hands down be the 1.5 RB solitaire by Mark Morrell. I absolutely adore the look and the setting is fantastic. I drool every time I see it and hopefully, one day down the road, I will be able to upgrade my ring to this setting. But, it's really not in the budget now.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MayFlowers|1350758035|3289172 said:
So, if money was limitless, I think I wouldn't choose one dream ring, but rather SEVERAL dream rings! ;-) I really think all these styles are gorgeous and if my money was limitless, I would buy every single one of these and switch them up depending on my mood for the day :)

These are what I would pick:

A 1.5-1.75 RB solitaire in Mark Morrell's Petite Torchiere with the diamonds in the head.
A three stone like Yssie's old ring. I would probably use a 2 ct RB center and then 0.25 ct sides. (Can't remember if that is close to what Yssie had or not)
A 1.5 AVC in a delicate halo by VC or SK.
A 2 carat EC with a tapered baguette diamond setting.
And, a five stone ring with 0.3 RB stones.

If you told me I had to pick only one of these, it would hands down be the 1.5 RB solitaire by Mark Morrell. I absolutely adore the look and the setting is fantastic. I drool every time I see it and hopefully, one day down the road, I will be able to upgrade my ring to this setting. But, it's really not in the budget now.

Lmao, I like the way you think! So.. If the rules are to just get ONE ring... Maybe I should "get" a multimillion dollar piece, sell it, and use the funds to buy multiple!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
That ring missy posted!! :love:

Or a large EC with side traps or tapered baguettes.

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
This is fun!! I would totally jut do a bigger diamond of what I am getting. A 4+ asscher with tapered baguettes and diamonds channel set down the rest of the band!!! YUMMY :lickout: :lickout:

I would then get a bunch of stackable bands to wear with it!!!

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Oh if only...

To start, I would (politely) ask for the 9.5 mm, 5 ct untreated sapphire I just saw on Gemfix. 16,690!
;))

Great topic!

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Maybe I am not dreaming big enough, but I would be very happy with a 3-4ct AVC F+ color, VS1+ in a VC single cut halo. That would be simply amazing.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Pictures, ladies, pictures!!! :naughty:

My dream ring but I'd love it with a 2-3 ct OEC:

Also I'm obsessed with emeralds and STUNNING solitaires... gotta love double claw prongs :lickout:

_24.jpeg

photo__285_29.jpeg

7668-569-837.jpeg

img2546-xl.jpeg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dream ring is from Single Stone, which was over $3,800 in Spring 2009.

If money were truly limitless I might actually pick something else, but I think this would be a comfortable everyday ring in a style that suits me very well.

_1439.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I would have a list:

-4ct or larger OMC
-Cartier Pave trinity ring
- 10 ct + EC

xxx_214_1312987413_1.jpg

xxx_145_1333216381_1.jpg

Attachments

• 4ctomc.bmp
    247 KB · Views: 693

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Oh fun!
My dream ring would be very close to the one on the front page of Leigh Jay Nacht. A warm coloured solitaire in an antique setting, sigh. Not sure what the stats on that ring are but it's heavenly.

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/

ETA: For a 'fun' ring, probably something by Shawish.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This -

A ring featuring a 10 carat cushion cut Thai ruby bordered by 8 oval diamonds weighing a total of 4 carats.

And also the WF eternity band posted yesterday with 50 pointers. You know, for casual days. :)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1351692053.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results