shape
carat
color
clarity

Identifing a designer? HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for who would be the designer of this model number.

AG-23790

any help or direction would be appreciated.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a photo of the setting?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only info on that model number that I could find through google was in your previous 2 posts asking the same question. Sorry!
40.gif

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

This is killing me.....I wish I had a pic but the jewelry store I saw it at doesn''t have it on their web site.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you describe it?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Call the jewelry store and ask.

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 10:51:42 PM
Author: somethingshiny

Haha....I did and they got frustrated with me and wouldn''t reveal that information.

is there a list of jewelry designers someplace?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 12:30:43 AM
Author: coach_x+
Date: 10/26/2007 10:51:42 PM

Author: somethingshiny

Haha....I did and they got frustrated with me and wouldn''t reveal that information.

is there a list of jewelry designers someplace?

I can''t believe they won''t give you the info! Maybe you could tell them you need it to look into insurance? If not, go into the store and take a pic of it, then post it. I''ve tried searching through a bunch of different ring vendors and I can''t find item numbers that are even listed in that way. (like x many letters combined with y many numbers).

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
What you can do is to get someone new to go into the store, fall in love with it....but need a picture to show their husband mother etc who cant come to the store. Or you could say you are buying it for your Mum and she cant come etc. They should let you take a photo, or take one themselves for this purpose....or hopefully show you where it can be seen on the web. If you get the story right they should be very helpful.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call and ask to speak to the manager. Tell him or her, that you are sending in someone to take a look at it for you, and need to know who the designer is...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
most stores assign their own item numbers to their rings. that''s probably just the number the store gave it and won''t give us a clue as to who the manufacturer is. maybe your better off getting the stone now and setting into a temp seetting and saving up a bit more until you can get her the exact setting she wants from the store.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Assuming that the store has an exclusive distribution deal with the designer, for example if she is an employee, I would expect them to be proudly listing the brand. If not, they fear that you will take this information and use it to buy a ring elsewhere even though they’ve gone through the trouble and expense of inventorying it and presenting it to you. Who’s surprised that they aren’t keen on supporting this plan?

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
Ok.....new game plan.....Here was the ring she loved.

channel princess set,
Ering = .25 carats - I think the band thickness was 3-3.5 (8 princess 4 on each side of stone)
Band = .36 carats I think the band thickness was 3-3.5 (12 princess on the band)
H
SI2
Palladium
Platinum head
$3725 @ http://www.haroldjaffe.com/pages/rings.htm (yeah its dumb they have no pic)

How far in price would they come down if I started to flash some cash? Considering its also the end of the month?

THEN

What how much would a 1ct princess/cut corner square cost me? I don''t care where it is at?
(consider that of the band stones color)

Should it be this stressful?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 9:53:54 AM

How far in price would they come down if I started to flash some cash? Considering its also the end of the month?

THEN

What how much would a 1ct princess/cut corner square cost me? I don''t care where it is at?

(consider that of the band stones color)

Should it be this stressful?

1) You can always try to negotiate down the price, don''t know how much they''d come off it but it never hurts to ask. you might also find they will give you a better deal if you purchase a stone from them as well. some stores are not keen on setting a stone you bought elsewhere

2) you can do a search on the homepage to find general pricing and stones for the size and specs you are after

3) yes, it can be stressful. you''ve got it somewhat easier in that she already has expressed the exact setting she wants. for many gals, that because a very difficult thing to decide.

I would talk to the store, tell them he desires, your desire to give it too her but you only have x amount of dollars to spend and what can they do....

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
HAHAHA!!!!

I think I found the exact setting!!!!!!!

http://www.abazias.com/builder/builder.asp?selectring=ENG-SS-99-10462

& band

http://www.abazias.com/database/NewEngagementInfo.asp?stock=WBL-99-10719

Okay.....

So Sharon liked the Princess but was intrigued by the square emerald.

Also I was told about the princess w/ cut corners (assher?) What do you guys think of that?

The bonus is these are cheaper and better quality diamonds & more total carat wt.

SO..........talk to me, be brutally honest.

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
First of all, your laughter cracks me up!

I found another similar setting at Signed Pieces. It is a little more expensive, but it is a little more delicate looking.

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3631

19152.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
An Asscher isn''t a Princess with clipped corners, it''s a step cut, like a Square Emerald. It''s an entirely different look than a Princess. You need to get to a store with a nice selection of both and figure out what she likes best first.

There is however, a Princess with clipped corners, called X-Factor, and carried by Whiteflash.
http://www.whiteflash.com/xfactor/X-Factor-cut-diamond-31.htm

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Oops. The facets set is actually cheaper than the Abazias. The profiles are different though.

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 1:51:44 PM
Author: littledebbie
First of all, your laughter cracks me up!

I found another similar setting at Signed Pieces. It is a little more expensive, but it is a little more delicate looking.

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3631

you know.....I thought the exact same thing you suggested.

But she doesn''t like how the center stone is just set on top the ring.

She is very pickey and wants only the best.......I guess that is why she likes me
36.gif
hahaha!!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 1:16:45 PM

Also I was told about the princess w/ cut corners (assher?)
An asscher is NOT a princess with cut corners. Very, very different cut. You may be thinking of a radiant, flanders or simply a cut-corner princess. Here's an image to show all four.
1.gif

ETA: I see Ellen beat me to it! Now you are doubly sure
3.gif
haha

afrp.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 2:32:37 PM
Author: musey

ETA: I see Ellen beat me to it! Now you are doubly sure
3.gif
haha
Yeah, but you posted pics, even better!
2.gif

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
okay, so what would look better for a square centerstone?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 3:37:04 PM
Between those cuts? NO ONE can answer that for you, except your future fiancée. I have an asscher center stone and love it. There are plenty of radiant and princess owners (and I''ve seen a couple flanders recently!) on here who wouldn''t trade their cut for anything else.

It would be a mistake to take anyone''s advice on which cut to choose, because it''s really just a matter of personal preference.

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 3:45:03 PM
Author: musey

Between those cuts? NO ONE can answer that for you, except your future fiancée. I have an asscher center stone and love it. There are plenty of radiant and princess owners (and I''ve seen a couple flanders recently!) on here who wouldn''t trade their cut for anything else.

It would be a mistake to take anyone''s advice on which cut to choose, because it''s really just a matter of personal preference.

So Sharon thought the a square emerald was pretty even if it was a princess channel. I just don''t want her to change her mind. (that would suck).

She like the princess with the "V" Prong? where it kinda frames in the center stone. (cuz it makes the stone look larger)

just polling you people, on what looks different yet classy.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I agree with musey- it really all depends on what she likes. But Blue Nile has a very similar set you''re looking for, and they carry both princess and asscher cut diamonds. Pricescope has diamond tutorial pages with specs that you should keep an eye out for.

Blue Nile has almost the exact set you''re looking for (from the pictures you''ve posted) for just under $1000:

Channel-Set Princess cut Diamond Wedding Set

You said you had a budget of $5000, right? That gives you ~$4000 to work with on a center stone, which is totally do-able, especially if you''re willing to look for a stone that''s just a hair under 1 ct (.90-.99). Being just under the carat mark will save you some money.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 4:04:32 PM

just polling you people, on what looks different yet classy.

I would personally put either a princess or an x-factor in that setting.

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 4:08:20 PM
Author: EBree

I agree with musey- it really all depends on what she likes. But Blue Nile has a very similar set you''re looking for, and they carry both princess and asscher cut diamonds. Pricescope has diamond tutorial pages with specs that you should keep an eye out for.

Blue Nile has almost the exact set you''re looking for (from the pictures you''ve posted) for just under $1000:

Channel-Set Princess cut Diamond Wedding Set

You said you had a budget of $5000, right? That gives you ~$4000 to work with on a center stone, which is totally do-able, especially if you''re willing to look for a stone that''s just a hair under 1 ct (.90-.99). Being just under the carat mark will save you some money.
My origional goal was $5,000 knowing I would go over.

So $4000 is an acceptal price for a center stone?

Basically I have about $3000 in my bank acct. & another $3,000 cash else where so.....I could make it work.

After all.....I guess I don''t really need tires for my car
20.gif
haha....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 4:17:15 PM

So $4000 is an acceptal price for a center stone?

Basically I have about $3000 in my bank acct. & another $3,000 cash else where so.....I could make it work.

After all.....I guess I don''t really need tires for my car
20.gif
haha....

$4000 is definitely an acceptable budget for a center stone! Don''t go over budget if you don''t have to, especially if you need new tires! Safety > an extra .05 of a carat.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I don't think Blue Nile sells its settings without a center stone, so if you want that setting, I think you might have to get one from BN. They've got some AGS0 ideal princess stones, though, like this:

.918 ct I, VS2 AGS0 Ideal Princess $3919

With the setting/matching band your girlfriend wants, the total comes to $4844, which is in budget!

coach_x+

Rough_Rock
The blue nile ring is different. Sharon is a tall girl, with long slender fingers.

The thickness of the band in the Abazias are both 3.8 vs BN being 3 & 2.8.

Sharon just saw them both and liked the Abazias better because of band thickness.

SO.........I checked out an asscher and they didn''t have a grading for the cut? is that right? But there were cut ratings on the princess.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results