shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas to reset diamond studs in to another piece?

michelejkiss

Rough_Rock
A year ago, I bought myself a gift of diamond studs - something I have always wanted and could never afford. They are 0.30-0.31 A Cut Above from Whiteflash. (Pic attached.)

This week, my family gave me diamond studs as a gift (slightly larger than the ones I have) that were re-made from a brooch of my grandmother. They have MUCH more sentimental value and I am thrilled :) So I plan on wearing these ones moving forward.

So I am thinking about taking my Whiteflash ones and resetting them in to another piece. I already own two beautiful necklaces, one of which is (another) family heirloom, so a necklace wouldn't get worn much. So, I'm basically thinking bracelet or ring.

I used to frequent these forums a few years ago and thought folks might have some great ideas I wouldn't have even considered! Appreciate any suggestions.

4-prong-diamond-earrings-in-platinum-by-whiteflash_35821_f-2.jpg

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Three stone ring with around 6-6.2mm center diamond.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 or 5 stone ring with either all diamonds or colored gemstone like sapphire or ruby.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your new earrings! =)

And how fun that you get to plan a new project with your original pair. :D What about a moi et toi ring?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree w/ either a 3 stone ring or dangling bezel earrings!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty earrings. I would vote for using them as side stones in a 3 stone ring. Do you like gemstones? Maybe get a colored stone in the middle?

How wonderful to have some new earrings made from your grandmother's brooch.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1403054540|3695398 said:
3 or 5 stone ring with either all diamonds or colored gemstone like sapphire or ruby.

gREAT IDEA!! +1

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Funny you should ask... I just sent my 2cttw diamond studs that I never wore because I have a bigger pair. and a few random stones off to Grace at Jewels by Grace for two of these. One in YG with double bezel and one in RG with milgrain for the bigger studs.
Waiting patiently for them!!!!
That would be my vote!

grace_bracelet.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think .30 stones are so perfect for a ring, especially since you have fine quality diamonds. I'd recommend either sapphire or spinel as they will be more durable and last longer for a piece of fine jewelry.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^I agree with DS, it would be my choice to use them as sidestones with a colored stone in the center - and I aslo think a sapphire is your best bet, they come in all different shades of blue, I'm sure you could find one in a lighter tone. You could check out the CS forum for ideas and recommendations if you decide to go that route.

michelejkiss

Rough_Rock
Thank you both. Yeah if I could find lighter coloured sapphires that would work. Will check out the colour stone forum. Thank you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Read the "If you're new to colored stones" thread that's pinned at the top, gives some good info. Also check out the "favorite vendors" thread.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
michelejkiss|1403111424|3695812 said:
Thank you both. Yeah if I could find lighter coloured sapphires that would work. Will check out the colour stone forum. Thank you!

Okay, I have a strong recommendation for you. Caysie van Bebber is turning out some gorgeous jewelry and her prices are in the realm of reasonable. She can access THE most gorgeous lighter blue sapphires and make your ring. I will show you a ring she made for a PS member with the sapphires. I am having a band made now with them! She probably cannot get large ones of this type, so it depends on how large you want.

I can tell you that the colored stones forum can be a little overwhelming as there is almost too much information.

cvbinspireddesign.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1403059468|3695454 said:
baby monster|1403054540|3695398 said:

gREAT IDEA!! +1

I'd vote for this idea as well....how fun to begin a new project, & wonderful you'll have those earrings to remember your grandmother! :appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am with the majority-3 stone ring with a diamond or colored stone in the center. I have been seeing more bypass rings that do not look so 'cocktail-ish' and it could be accented with some pretty channel set baguettes or rounds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results