shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas/Suggestions for a Wedding Band????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Everyone has such incredible ideas I thought I''d try to see if anyone has any ideas/pics for my band??? I tried on a WB that "matched" my ering band, but I just wasn''t crazy about it. Not really into the "matchy matchy" thing.... but want it to "go" together....if you know what I mean! So thought I''d ask here since I''ve seen so many incredible rings and combos!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!

12ring44.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm, good question. I don't really have any good suggestions for you... with such a definite "style" to your (beautiful!
30.gif
) e-ring... I think anything else BUT the matching w-ring may look a little... *off*. I have definitely seen some killer non-matchy matchy wedding sets, true -- but honestly, never anything that I thought looked great with a ring like yours except the matching band.

Or at least something very, very similar. I think you have to carry the pave look at least (and preferably the milgraining, as well) in a ring of similar width and identical depth... so at that point, you might as well get the exact one, no? An advantage to getting the exact matching band is also that obviously you LOVE the style so when you don't want to wear your e-ring, and just your w-ring alone (that happens at times!) - you'd love the look!
1.gif

Or if you can't decide -- you could just wear your e-ring alone... lots of woman do that, for all kinds of reasons.

Sorry, I am no help whatsoever, am I?!!
2.gif

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your compliments, and you are right.... I guess just hoping someone had something totally unique that would go that was different. Probably not gonna happen for all the reasons you listed, but thought I''d try! Everyone on here has such incredible taste and ideas and different rings.... thought I''d get some "expert" advice! Ha! Thank you!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring, Neveah. Ditto Lynn on getting a w-band with pave and milgraining. Perhaps you should go into several jewelers and try on as many different bands as you can find, and take pictures, too.

On a completely unrelated question--I''ve seen many girls named Neveah lately, is this because it is almost heaven spelled backwards? Or does it have some other origin that I''ve just never heard of. Regardless, it''s a gorgeous name. (Nevaeh would be heaven backwards, but Neveah is so close that I thought perhaps this is where it came from.)

ANYWAY, have fun trying on a bunch of wedding bands to see what you like best. I''m currently doing the same thing myself and it is the best excuse to go into jewelry stores!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Wish I could suggest something but I will end up with the same problem. I figured I would go for milgrain and pave but I would at least like a thicker band. I can''t wait to get the ring so I can start trying them on. You could try one of these rings, I save this when I was searching just in case: http://www.juditharnell.com/images/precision/bead_pave_eternity.jpg

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 8:09:03 PM
Author: Haven
Wow, that is a gorgeous ring, Neveah. Ditto Lynn on getting a w-band with pave and milgraining. Perhaps you should go into several jewelers and try on as many different bands as you can find, and take pictures, too.

On a completely unrelated question--I''ve seen many girls named Neveah lately, is this because it is almost heaven spelled backwards? Or does it have some other origin that I''ve just never heard of. Regardless, it''s a gorgeous name. (Nevaeh would be heaven backwards, but Neveah is so close that I thought perhaps this is where it came from.)

ANYWAY, have fun trying on a bunch of wedding bands to see what you like best. I''m currently doing the same thing myself and it is the best excuse to go into jewelry stores!
Thank you! Trying on many different bands is a great suggestion. Maybe a thicker band will do the trick!

About the name..... I actually have seen it spelled many ways; Nevaeh, Neveah, Niva.... I think some people do use it because it''s (sometimes) Heaven spelled backwards. I think there was also a character on ER who had the name (?)

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 8:25:48 PM
Author: MoonWater
Wish I could suggest something but I will end up with the same problem. I figured I would go for milgrain and pave but I would at least like a thicker band. I can''t wait to get the ring so I can start trying them on. You could try one of these rings, I save this when I was searching just in case: http://www.juditharnell.com/images/precision/bead_pave_eternity.jpg

Those are awesome and a great idea! Will definitely have to try that. Thanks!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have no idea what would go with your ering besides something custom made for it but i must say it is quite fabulous! i have honestly never seen a ring quite like your before!

Neveah

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/18/2007 8:57:24 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
i have no idea what would go with your ering besides something custom made for it but i must say it is quite fabulous! i have honestly never seen a ring quite like your before!

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment! FI did it all by himself..... all the advice I gave was unique, dainty, and that I really loved "vinatage" looking rings. I think he did a great job.... I really love it! And it''s so nice to hear that especially when something is different you get a little nerveous that no one else will really like it.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
You might try two milgrain-edged bands, one above and one below, for w-bands. If you didn't want it to be too matchy, you could do something like this, without the pave but with a milgrain edge. I think, if you were to go with something not matching the e-ring, you should consider doing a band above and below.

You know, maybe two stackable rings with colored stones, instead of the metal and milgrain? Bands of prong-set sapphires or rubies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results