shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas For This "Unique" Diamond

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What an amazing and unique stone! Please share with us what comes out of it. I agree that a rustic and modern look like hammered gold is a great suggestion for a rough or raw stone, I also like rose gold for this, a ring will be a really cool RHR no matter what style though.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Perhaps a sandblast finish? Turtle, sand, I think they would go well together! Lovely diamond!

c538a26601f60b3ff56dcc0cb0995896.jpg

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
Quick update on this fun but meaningful project.

First of all a great big thanks to everyone for their input on PriceScope. It was instrumental in creating the artistic direction for the ring. Thanks again so much to everyone, what an amazing community.

Also, David and Elaine at Diamonds By Lauren have been absolutely wonderful to deal with throughout this process. A huge thanks to both of them for being so helpful. Communication has been great and I couldn't be happier thus far.

Heres what was decided upon.....

18k yellow gold hand hammered 4mm band
Angled full bezel for the turtle, also 18k yellow gold
Pave diamonds random size, random placement on the shoulders of the ring starting where the ring meets the bezel to halfway down the ring.

I will post pictures once it is complete which I anticipate will be within a few weeks!!!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love this diamond! How cool to have a turtle diamond! Can't wait to see the final product.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Agree with everything Erica said. if you can swing it I would do 22kt RG or YG.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
love this (and the horsehead cut too actually) its a bunch of fun, cant wait to see the finished design

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
SO cool. Who knew one of the pricescope happily-ever-after bling stories would be about a turtle shaped diamond. Woo-hoo!

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
Re: UPDATED Ideas For This "Unique" Diamond

Hello everyone, thanks again for all of the advice.

I was working with Elaine and David from Diamonds By Lauren on this really exciting project.....and they were amazing. So quick to respond, very proactive and extremely accommodating. I can not thank them enough for making this dream a reality.

Little history once again, as I mentioned before....turtles have a special meaning between me and my girlfriend. So when I saw this stone I had to purchase it but coming up with an idea of how to create a piece to suit the diamond as well as what I perceived my girlfriend would enjoy to wear most i.e. ring vs pendant etc...was challenging. Thanks to everyone here for all of the suggestions.

The finished product exceeded my expectations and I presented the piece to my girlfriend today....she absolutely loved it so much and we spent so much time together admiring it. The turtle looks so neat and has a beautiful colour....she cant stop looking at it.

David and Elaine, thanks so so much!!!!!!

178a4167_copy_2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cool! Can we get more pictures please?

My husband and I also have a "turtle thing", so much so, that one of my push presents was a black and white baby and mommy turtle, so I get it!

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
FrekeChild|1413003431|3765718 said:
So cool! Can we get more pictures please?

My husband and I also have a "turtle thing", so much so, that one of my push presents was a black and white baby and mommy turtle, so I get it!

More pictures on their way :)

Thanks so much for the kind words and its so cool to know that someone else has a turtle thing too...I don't feel so odd now :clap:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome, truly. I'm glad she loves it!

It turned out so cool!

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1413004366|3765724 said:
Looks awesome, truly. I'm glad she loves it!

It turned out so cool!

Thanks so so much!!!

She is so happy! What a great start to the weekend :)

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that ring turned out FABULOUS! I love the organic look!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Are you sure this can't be her e-ring? I mean, a ring this special should be worn all the time like an e-ring!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It's lovely and I'm glad that you went with a bezel setting (that was my first thought upon seeing the stone). I would love to see a hand shot if you get a chance:)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is so cool! It's really nice to see DBL do something out of the box and that you are so happy with it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so cute! I I love the organic feel... Just like nature.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the finished piece! I think all the ideas cames together really well. I love turtles as well. they were here millions of years before us, and looking at them love to think they will still be here millions of years from now as well.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We loved the way this thing came out! I'd like to give a big thanks to sturgeon and the PS community for all these great ideas. I would not have thought this up.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This turned out artful and great!!

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
A huge thanks to everyone for all of the wonderful comments! Sorry about iPhone pics

image_2362.jpg

image_2363.jpg

image_2364.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^It's a beauty! Thanks so much for the hand shots. Tell her to enjoy her new ring:)

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
momhappy|1413040985|3765817 said:
^It's a beauty! Thanks so much for the hand shots. Tell her to enjoy her new ring:)

Thanks so much :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TOTALLY unique!!! congratulations and much happiness.. love the setting for this unbelievably cool stone!..

sturgeon123456|1413042484|3765820 said:
momhappy|1413040985|3765817 said:

Thanks so much :)

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much again everyone for all of the kind words. I know it's not a traditional kind of diamond or ring....and for sure not everyone's cup of tea but I must admit DBL knocked it outta the park with this one for me. My girlfriend is so happy and that means everything to me. She isn't materialistic and the meaning behind this Is what gets her most excited but to be honest she really fell in love with the overall piece. I'll post some more glamour shots soon :)

susanrachel28

Rough_Rock
This is such a great ring. I love it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad she loves it, and hope she wears it in happiness!

DL

Rough_Rock
Very cool and unique ring. They did an awesome job with it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is SO cool, I love that stone!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results