shape
carat
color
clarity

ideas for my first project- aqua and white topaz/sapphire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Ah, I''m so excited. After reading dozens and dozens of current and old threads on here, I''ve decided I really want to go through with getting a ring made. I know I want a bezel set pear aquamarine, with round white topaz/white sapphire stones going down the side of it on one side, getting bigger as they go.

Two questions:
Who should I use off of etsy? I''ve seen several designers on their whose work I like, but I don''t know who will have the easiest time doing this for me.

And

What would be the difference in terms of durability between white topaz and white sapphire?

Should I attach a hastily done photoshop mock up for opinions?

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
This is a pretty crappy rendering of what I''m thinking about doing. And I''d really probably like the side stones to be smaller, but like I said, it''s a crappy photoshop mock up haha

mock up.jpg

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and, I would like an uneven split shank, so the side without accents would be wider and the other side more narrow. I got the inspiration for this ring from a combination of my mom''s aqua ring and her emerald ring, both gorgeous pieces.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Sally. The other Etsy artisan that I can think of who would be willing to do melee/melee sized bezels would be JKT. I suggest sending them a picture of the design. White sapphire would be more durable, but topaz is also fairly durable as well. I''m a little concerned that finding graduating melee sized white sapphires might be a little hard to do yourself, but checkout Gemline Inc or Gemselect, or Africa Gems for calibrated graduated sizes, unless you want to leave it up to your designer.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 12:55:15 PM
Author: IndyLady
Sally. The other Etsy artisan that I can think of who would be willing to do melee/melee sized bezels would be JKT. I suggest sending them a picture of the design. White sapphire would be more durable, but topaz is also fairly durable as well. I''m a little concerned that finding graduating melee sized white sapphires might be a little hard to do yourself, but checkout Gemline Inc or Gemselect, or Africa Gems for calibrated graduated sizes, unless you want to leave it up to your designer.
Thanks! I have Sally''s store bookmarked, but I''m not familiar with JKT.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires could be a bit tricky to find, but I think finding topaz in those sizes would be even harder. Sapphire are also more brilliant, so they would IMO be a better choice for a small round stone such as those in the intended design. Their durability (as mentioned) is another plus.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
I''ll definitely keep that in mind ma re.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ll get more ready-made options with white sapphires but if you go with white topaz, they’ll be very inexpensive material wise although they may have to be custom cut due to lack of availability. In any case, maybe it might be easier for the designer to source those stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results