shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for 15th wedding anniversary gift for my best friends

worldtraveler101

Shiny_Rock
So, if you see my post history, it looks like I have a lot of people I need to give gifts to.

I have a friends-couple who I am very close to and it's their 15th wedding anniversary. First question: is it odd when a third party (who isn't immediate family) gives an anniversary present? If not, I need some ideas for a good gift for them. Budget: ~ $1000. I understand gifts are a personal thing so here're a few things about them to give you some idea:

- They are not into jewelry / watches
- They have most electronics they need and a bit more
- They have a 7 year old son and 2 dogs
- They are highly musical people (they have a grand piano, guitars, karaoke machine etc..)
- They like experiences (they live in Toronto)

What do you suppose is a good gift for them? Here're some things I have been thinking of:

- A record player
- A go pro camera (they have spoken abt this to me once)
- Projector for watching movies
- Ring security system

Any thoughts? Help, please!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd give them a gift voucher to their local four seasons hotel, and a gift voucher to Toronto's best restaurant. Like - "go have a fun weekend, kids!"

https://alofoodgroup.com/restaurants/ - the silver service restaurant is Alo.

Failing that - balloon rides are always wonderful and make a great gift. These people are based just north of Toronto:

Last edited:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I second Mrs-b---an experience and couple time. Memories last longer than a go pro or a Ring.
Even better if you are able to watch their son and dogs while they escape.

Maybe have flowers and/or champagne waiting in the room for them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote for cookies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since they have mentioned they would like a Go Pro camera I think that would be a perfect gift for them. I got one for my niece and she loves it. Capturing memories as they happen.

No matter what you give them it is a lovely thing to do and I am sure they will appreciate it. Happy 15th to your friends. Having dear friends like this is what makes life sweet.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you specifically asked -- yes, personally, I do think it is odd for a third-party to give an anniversary present. I would think it odd for a third-party to even give a anniversary card FWIW.

That said, you know your relationship with the couple best and if it feels right and appropriate, then you do you and go for it.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A staycation for one night, or the camera with a note about many more years and many more memories to create.

Try to avoid giving them anything too expensive. It might make them feel like they put you out -- a big gift for a wedding anniversary from a friend is a bit weird, but something smaller/thoughtful showing you cared enough to remember the occasion might just make their year a bit better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results