shape
carat
color
clarity

IdealScope or ASET?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nobody

Rough_Rock
From the info I got from the IdealScope website, the ASET is used for fancy shaped diamonds, while the IdealScope is used for RB.

Wouldnt the ASET also be good choice for RB as it can show Blue(contrast), Red(best light return), Green(okay light return), White(leakage)?

It would seem with an Ideal Scope, where you have Black(contrast), Red(best return), Pink(okay return), White(leakage), that it would be easier to tell the green from the ASET than to determine Pink on the Ideal Scope.

It seems to me that anything the Ideal Scope can do the ASET does better? Is this a correct assumption?

Also, a quick question to Mr. Gary, What is the magnification on the ASET Scope?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ASET is almost the same power as the Expert Ideal-scope.

There will be no more useful info in a round from ASET, and because the peep hole is small, and you must bounce light off the blue part, it is harder to use.

Ian0219

Rough_Rock
I don''t mean to thread jack but here is an interesting question to add... Fancy shape squares such as the Jubillee, the Princess of Hearts, and the H&A Square exhibit RB light behavior. Which tool is best used to evaluate the light return of those stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results