shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal parameters fall into place???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmartini

Rough_Rock
Hi again!

My husband and I had fun looking at diamonds with the Ideal Scope on Saturday. Fortunately for us, there was someone at the store who knew what it was, so we didn''t have any problems being allowed to use it. We even got to see some that were not H&A, but sure had the pattern.

Another question before we meet with the jeweler whom we purchased from. When my husband called him to tell him that we would like to see some diamonds that fell within these certain parameters (thanks everyone for your help with those) just to use as a guideline and to compare, he said that as long as the table and depth are within the Ideal range, the rest falls into place (ie the crown and pavillion angles, etc).

He seems to now have a *cocky* attitude, ever since we told him that we wanted to look at other diamonds and that we weren''t completely happy with what we purchased.

1. What would be the best way to articulate to him what we''re trying to do? I mean, even within the so-called Ideal parameters, the diamond still might not have the best angles, right? I also realize that we need to use our eye as our ultimate judge, but I''d like to compare with what we already purchased. I guess I''m feeling that if I don''t use all the right terminology, he''ll just find a way to dismiss what I''m saying. (am I making any sense?)

Also, we asked about seeing some H&A diamonds and he said "Yeah, those are just Ideal cut diamonds." Well, ours is supposedly Ideal cut, but there''s definetely no H&A pattern there. At this point, I don''t feel like I can even get a straight answer out of him. I''m kind of hoping that we won''t come to an agreement and I can just get my money back and start all over with another jeweler. Hindsight is 20/20
5.gif

Thanks for your help,
Jen

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 8:39:06 PM
Author:jmartini
Hi again!

My husband and I had fun looking at diamonds with the Ideal Scope on Saturday. Fortunately for us, there was someone at the store who knew what it was, so we didn''t have any problems being allowed to use it. We even got to see some that were not H&A, but sure had the pattern.

Another question before we meet with the jeweler whom we purchased from. When my husband called him to tell him that we would like to see some diamonds that fell within these certain parameters (thanks everyone for your help with those) just to use as a guideline and to compare, he said that as long as the table and depth are within the Ideal range, the rest falls into place (ie the crown and pavillion angles, etc).
Not true.

He seems to now have a *cocky* attitude, ever since we told him that we wanted to look at other diamonds and that we weren''t completely happy with what we purchased.

1. What would be the best way to articulate to him what we''re trying to do?

Tell him you''d like to see some diamonds with a little better optical symmetry. You''d like to see some near H&A''s and H&As for comparison

I mean, even within the so-called Ideal parameters, the diamond still might not have the best angles, right? I also realize that we need to use our eye as our ultimate judge, but I''d like to compare with what we already purchased. I guess I''m feeling that if I don''t use all the right terminology, he''ll just find a way to dismiss what I''m saying. (am I making any sense?)

.yes. Be persistent, but not argumentative. Just because the table and depth are ideal does not mean the diamond is within ideal parameters. You do need the crown and pavilion angles for that. HTH

Also, we asked about seeing some H&A diamonds and he said ''Yeah, those are just Ideal cut diamonds.'' Well, ours is supposedly Ideal cut, but there''s definetely no H&A pattern there. At this point, I don''t feel like I can even get a straight answer out of him. I''m kind of hoping that we won''t come to an agreement and I can just get my money back and start all over with another jeweler. Hindsight is 20/20
5.gif

Thanks for your help,
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results