color
clarity

ideal mahenge characteristics

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shushinator|1341529014|3229174 said:
TL|1341526783|3229146 said:
I don't know how this page is coming across on your monitor, but its an excerpt from a spinel book written by a spinel dealer. The stones are the very prized pinkish reds.

http://www.spinelbook.com/images/pages/spinel-pp-160-161.jpg

yes mine is def more pink than the red in that pic.

I apologize, I meant this for OTL's recent thread on Mahenge spinels, and I accidentally posted it here. Your new spinel is really beautiful and I hope you enjoy it. :)

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I'm glad that you are happy with your stone, it looks to be a beauty! I feel your pain about trying to capture the exact color of these stones in a photo.

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
colorluvr|1341600269|3229638 said:
Congratulations! I'm glad that you are happy with your stone, it looks to be a beauty! I feel your pain about trying to capture the exact color of these stones in a photo.
thanks! the more i look at it the more stoked i am with it. id love to see one of those super reds in person. TLs post was informative. didnt realize the larger stones are typically the redder ones. but at the end of the day, im a huge lover of padparadschas and this is reminiscent of one but has a glow and fire that none of mine possess.

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
colorluvr|1341600269|3229638 said:
thanks! the more i look at it the more stoked i am with it. id love to see one of those super reds in person. TLs post was informative. didnt realize the larger stones are typically the redder ones. but at the end of the day, im a huge lover of padparadschas and this is reminiscent of one but has a glow and fire that none of mine possess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results