shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Job Test--Based on Color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read about this on msn.com--you take a test based solely on colors that appeal to you, and then the site provides you with a report of your ideal jobs.

Is your current career an ideal job for you?

My results were actually spot-on: I''m an English teacher, I attended law school, I considered technical writing for quite some time in college, and my dream jobs are to become an architect or a published author. Interesting.

Best Occupational Category
You''re a CREATOR
Key Words:
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional

These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.

CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

What about you?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Haven~ We''re color twins! I got the same result and I''m beginning to realize that I am a bit nonconformist.... I''ve always enjoyed writing, but never thought of it as a career. Apparently medical area is NOT what I should be doing (or go back to once the little guy starts school...) Although, parts of my job that I loved the most were training the others, writing manuals, and vision therapy.

Okay, after analysis, YES, I think this test has merit!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I got really good results too--best was creator and second best was organizer. Really apt since I use both in my field!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I did this, but the ONLY problem I encountered is that I''m a SAHM so I couldn''t put in an occupation. I said child care worker! lol There is no way I could possibly do that w/out going insane (tending to my two kids is enough), so to some extent my quiz isn''t accurate.

You''re a CREATOR
Key Words:
Nonconforming, Impulsive, Expressive, Romantic, Intuitive, Sensitive, and Emotional
These original types place a high value on aesthetic qualities and have a great need for self-expression. They enjoy working independently, being creative, using their imagination, and constantly learning something new. Fields of interest are art, drama, music, and writing or places where they can express, assemble, or implement creative ideas.
CREATOR OCCUPATIONS
Suggested careers are Advertising Executive, Architect, Web Designer, Creative Director, Public Relations, Fine or Commercial Artist, Interior Decorator, Lawyer, Librarian, Musician, Reporter, Art Teacher, Broadcaster, Technical Writer, English Teacher, Architect, Photographer, Medical Illustrator, Corporate Trainer, Author, Editor, Landscape Architect, Exhibit Builder, and Package Designer.
CREATOR WORKPLACES
Consider workplaces where you can create and improve beauty and aesthetic qualities. Unstructured, flexible organizations that allow self-expression work best with your free-spirited nature.

Suggested Creator workplaces are advertising, public relations, and interior decorating firms; artistic studios, theaters and concert halls; institutions that teach crafts, universities, music, and dance schools. Other workplaces to consider are art institutes, museums, libraries, and galleries.

2nd Best Occupational Category
You''re a RESEARCHER
Key Words:
Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious
These investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
OMG, this was so me. But I wonder if it would have been different if I would have picked a different occupation than what I really do, because this reads exactly like my job. I wonder if I would have put school teacher or something if the color wouldn't have mattered. I am going to test my theory. But this is soooooooooo me.

You're an ORGANIZER
Key Words:
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate
These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.

ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.

ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.

Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

You're a DOER
Key Words:
Emotionally Stable, Reliable, High Energy, Practical, Thrifty, and Persistent
These adventurous types prefer action-oriented, concrete problems rather than dealing with thought-provoking, ambiguous, abstract dilemmas. Fields of interest include mechanical, construction, and outdoor careers. They might also enjoy working with machines, tools, and equipment to repair or build something.

Mine should have said:

You're a RESEARCHER
Key Words:
These investigative types gather information, analyze and interpret data, and inquire to uncover new facts. They have a strong scientific orientation, enjoy academic or research environments and prefer self-reliant jobs. Dislikes are group projects, selling, and repetitive activities.

Because that is what I really do....

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mine was WAY off. It said I was "Independent, Self-Motivated, Reserved, Introspective, Analytical, and Curious," and while I am some of those things, it said I should be a Researcher. I would hate that job! I hate having to look at the same stuff over and over, and while I am good at finding trends, I tend to think super-locially instead of analytically.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, first of all... GREAT topic! I have to say... this thing was DEAD ON!

You''re an ORGANIZER
Key Words:
Self-Control, Practical, Self-Contained, Orderly, Systematic, Precise, and Accurate
These conservative appearing, plotting-types enjoy organizing, data systems, accounting, detail, and accuracy. They often enjoy mathematics and data management activities such as accounting and investment management. Persistence and patience allows them to do detailed paperwork, operate office machines, write business reports, and make charts and graphs.
ORGANIZER CAREERS
Suggested careers are Administrator, Secretary, Printer, Paralegal, Building Inspector, Bank Cashier, Private Secretary, Statistician, Operations Manager, Financial Analyst, Bookkeeper, Medical Records Technician, Developer of Business or Computer Systems, Clerical Worker, Proofreader, Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Banker, Certified Public Accountant, Credit Manager, Store Salesperson, Actuary, Dental Assistant, Business Education Teacher, Food Service Manager, IRS Agent, Budget Analyst, and Underwriter.
ORGANIZER WORKPLACES
Your very careful, conscientious, conservative nature gives others the confidence to trust you with handling money and material possessions. Structured organizations that have well-ordered chains of command work best for you.

Suggested Organizer workplaces are large corporations, business offices, financial lending institutions, banks, insurance companies, accounting firms, and quality control and inspection departments.

You''re a PERSUADER
Key Words:
Witty, Competitive, Sociable, Talkative, Ambitious, Argumentative, and Aggressive
These enterprising types sell, persuade, and lead others. Positions of leadership, power, and status are usually their ultimate goal. Persuasive people like to take financial and interpersonal risks and to participate in competitive activities. They enjoy working with others inside organizations to accomplish goals and achieve economic success.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
My first choice was creator, and my second was organizer. What kills me is how opposite those things seem...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2008 1:08:48 PM
Author: MC

Ugh, I did this, but the ONLY problem I encountered is that I''m a SAHM so I couldn''t put in an occupation. I said child care worker! lol There is no way I could possibly do that w/out going insane (tending to my two kids is enough), so to some extent my quiz isn''t accurate.

You''re a CREATOR
Key Words:

CREATOR OCCUPATIONS

CREATOR WORKPLACES

You''re a RESEARCHER
Key Words:

I did the same thing and got the same results as you did. How funny!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Seems pretty silly to me. It gives you a string of adjectives, some of which probably describe aspects of you, while leaving out other adjectives that probably describe other aspects of you. It gives you a string of career choices, some of which probably seem like they would fit you (this is AFTER asking what you actually do and how much you like it, by the way), while leaving out other career choices, some of which probably seem like they would fit you...

It called me creative, like lots of you, and listed my actual career among those it thought I would be good at. Its next choice for me was "persuader," with mostly career choices I don''t think I would like. It ignored a major facet of my psychological makeup and didn''t offer me a career in fields that would draw on that part of me...

I assume that lots of people who work happily in creative fields chose blues, like me. Not sure what if anything you can conclude from that, though, if so.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2008 1:00:01 AM
Author: glitterata
Seems pretty silly to me. It gives you a string of adjectives, some of which probably describe aspects of you, while leaving out other adjectives that probably describe other aspects of you. It gives you a string of career choices, some of which probably seem like they would fit you (this is AFTER asking what you actually do and how much you like it, by the way), while leaving out other career choices, some of which probably seem like they would fit you...

It called me creative, like lots of you, and listed my actual career among those it thought I would be good at. Its next choice for me was ''persuader,'' with mostly career choices I don''t think I would like. It ignored a major facet of my psychological makeup and didn''t offer me a career in fields that would draw on that part of me...

I assume that lots of people who work happily in creative fields chose blues, like me. Not sure what if anything you can conclude from that, though, if so.

Of course it''s silly--it''s an online test which purports to tell you your ideal career based on a few minutes worth of choosing colors. You''ll never have any fun over-intellectualizing online tests!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results