shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Asschers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

raw42

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I''ve been reading up on Asschers on this site and I know there is a lot of information, but some of it definitely conflicts. I have read both that the best depth percentages are between 65-75 as well as total depth should be between 56-65. Is total depth different from depth? Or are these different styles of Asschers? I am looking to buy an Asscher and would just like to have basic memorable information to walk into a jeweler''s with.

Am I correct in thinking that the best table is between 53 and 61 and length to width ratio best when closest to 1?

Thanks in advance!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of the confusion is that there is more than one way to cut a very good asscher.

The most common ones are the classic, modern interpretation and the royal asscher.

Each has its own set of specs as to what works best.

From this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/all-about-asschers.24689/page-2

"More numbers but keep in mind that numbers dont tell you much:

There are really multiple groups of cutting styles in asschers that have there own rules.
In general the best no matter which style will have a crown height of at least 10%.

the best of the modern interpretations will have roughly 10%-12% crown height, med range girdle, table under 61 and and a depth of %60-%65.
The cutting on these has to be spot on or they bark.

The classic style with have crown heights 10% to 15%+ ,tables under 61% with mid to high 50s being better, and total depth of 68%-75%
There is a little greater variation tolerance in these and they can still look awesome.

Then there is the large table cut that I don''t like.
Tables larger than 65% , depths from 60%-80% barkers one and all as far as im concerned.

Then there is the royal asschers which is a story in itself."

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The biggest thing to remember is that the numbers tell you very very little about an asscher they have to be seen.
If you cant get good pictures or see it in person first then dont buy it.

Also I should note that AGS is coming out with guidlines for square emerald/asscher cuts that may add another cut class to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results