shape
carat
color
clarity

ID Jewelry sent me lower coloured diamonds by mistake and now want me to pay to upgrade? Please help!

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, a happy update for those still interested.

I received the replacement earrings today. In the end, I paid to send the original pair back - which I had offered to do as part of our negotiations. For his part, Yekutiel replaced them with a pair of F colour diamonds with friction backs. So in the end I received a higher colour than I paid for, and eliminated the issue with the screw backs. I am pleased with this resolution and feel Yekutiel made it right. No hard feelings!

Thanks for all the support.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that’s a good result - and speaks well for their customer service ultimately. I always think it’s easy to give good reviews when everything went ok but the proof of a good vendor is when they make a mistake and how they handle it. Mistakes do happen as we are all human after all. Glad it came right for you.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OP, what size are the earrings?
You mentioned you received F color stones. Did a certificate come with the earrings?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
OP, what size are the earrings?
You mentioned you received F color stones. Did a certificate come with the earrings?

0.5ctw

No certificate. The grading is in-house and subjective, I get that. I'm very colour sensitive (hence the issue in the first place!) and these look colourless to me, so I'm happy.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0.5ctw

No certificate. The grading is in-house and subjective, I get that. I'm very colour sensitive (hence the issue in the first place!) and these look colourless to me, so I'm happy.

I had lots of thoughts from your response. I could write lots of comments, but one word summarizes what you accepted and what you went through……..Really?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I had lots of thoughts from your response. I could write lots of comments, but one word summarizes what you accepted and what you went through……..Really?

I understand some people may feel differently about how this went. I strongly dislike confrontation, and so it took me quite a lot of courage to even raise this issue with IDJ - and I am content with how it was resolved.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand some people may feel differently about how this went. I strongly dislike confrontation, and so it took me quite a lot of courage to even raise this issue with IDJ - and I am content with how it was resolved.
I would have done the same. If you are happy with what you have for the price that you paid, in the end that is all that really matters. The journey was painful, but it seems like you are content at the end of it.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wear your earrings in the best of health.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Seeking advice on whether I'm being unreasonable in this situation and how to proceed.

I initially enquired about I-J coloured diamond studs and after some emails back and forth about availability, diamond size, and budget, I was offered H colour at the same price as I-J which I accepted.

When the earrings arrived they are clearly very tinted and after I sent photos etc IDJ realised there was a mistake in their inventory system and I was in fact sent I-J colour instead of H.

Exchanging now involves international shipping and IDJ tell me they cannot pay for shipping as per their policies. To cover shipping to return this pair and to receive a new pair will cost me around $200.

In addition, they also now say that to upgrade to H colour I need to pay extra. See exact wording:

Unfortunately, we won't be able to upgrade for the higher color free of charge, because accordingly to your initial inquiry and amount of your purchase, we've provided the satisfactory quality of the diamonds. We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced due to our system error, however the only way to get a higher color (H or G) is to pay the price difference.

This seems totally unfair to me since I was offered H at a certain price which is what I accepted and paid for. Am I wrong?

Edit - in addition to the colour issue one of the screw backs doesn't tighten at all so I'd be afraid to wear it anyway. This alone seems like it would be reason for IDJ paying at least for the return shipping to exchange the earrings.

Do you have in writing that they offered you H. IDJ is very reputable I have dealt with them for years and unless you have in writing that they offered H . I do not think you can do anythang.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results