shape
carat
color
clarity

I wouldn''t believe it if it didn''t happen to me....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
After impatiently waiting for our first “real” gem world that we purchased from Gene of Precision Gem we received it yesterday. My wife texted me going on how wonderful it was so when I got home I took a look at it and also was impressed on the color of the Chrome Tourmaline and how Gene’s cutting really brought the stone to life.

So after looking at the stone inside our house I took it outside as I saw a small bit of sunlight peaking through the clouds. As I moved it to the direct sun the unthinkable happen, the stone fell out into our yard! I had forgotten that while I was inside house I had taken off the lid so as I had tilted it to the sunlight it fell out. Needless to say I was in a bit of state of disbelief (okay A LOT). After spending more than 30 minutes trying to figure out which way it fell, looking through shredded bark, some grass, I found it in a good sized lily looking plant. My wife was so happy she cried and I was so relieved.

I will post some pictures of the stone but I can say that the color of Gene’s picture really doesn’t match the beauty of it especially the great gren color and hopefully I can take a picture that shows off his great work.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Whew! Glad you finally found it. Can''t wait to see the pictures.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It must be a man thing! LOL. I got 8cts of 2mm tanzanite rounds in a baggie. I opened the bag looked at them then put them back. Dave picked them up and then tipped the bag over (I guess to get a better look???) and out come about 100 pale lavander tanzanites into my thick carpet. Took 2 hrs to find them , and I wouldnt doubt my vaccume ate some as well :(.

I am glad you found your stone! Looking forward to pictures!

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
LOL yes it must be a man thing. Hopefully the vacumn didn''t get to many and I bet he felt as bad as I did when it happened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m incredibly relieved you found the stone. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
36.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
green on green......lesson learned?! i am so glad you found it and glad you''re loving it!

once bitten by color, in love forever.

mz

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you found it!! That is a nightmare around PS, sorry you experienced it. Post photos when you can.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Venturing outside with one''s gems is not for the un-initiated.

Mochi does it, but I hear she has a strip of Tyvek house wrap that stretches from her door to that tree stump in her garden that she uses for her famous shots.
emwink.gif

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
Yikes! My stomach dropped when reading that and it wasn''t even my stone ;-)''

Glad you found it, it''s practically a miracle with the stone being green!

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks all for the posts and yes I MORE than learned my lesson.

Pics will be up as soon as I can get a decent one to post. Hopefully I can get one tonight.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phew, so glad you found it!!! Looking forward to your pics!!
1.gif

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well it was dark and raining here is California so the lighting is very poor as is my camera for taking close up pictures it appears. Here is a quick pic I took though it is lighter than shown in it. The other picture is from Gene

902.JPG

IMG_4053a.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Very, very nice.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank for the pictures! its a miracle that your found it in all the greenry!

mz

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it look like Gene''s picture? Better? Worse? How obvious is the blue or is it a straight green?

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade

Chrono,

To date with indoor lighting I would say the color is much more of a true green which luckily for us as it was what my wife was looking for. I haven''t seen the stone look as blue as Gene''s photo but perhaps it is due to the lighting or flash (I didn''t use one). As to whether it is better or worse than the picture he posted, to us the stone is better in our eyes and would buy another one from him with no hesitation.

Plan forward is to see about having a pendant with this as a template. Thought is to give a basic concept and let the artist begin their magic with some feedback from us on their approach.

And I know I have stated this before but I would like to thank the forum members here to take the time to help educate those of us who are new to this. Sadly this has not always been the case in our world lately so want to let members know that their time and words are really appreciated.

Sal

Sal_pendant_design2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sal,
Thanks for the review as it is helpful to current posters and anyone lurking in the forum. I live the idea of setting the stone with double prongs at an angle. It stands out well and will be an eye catching piece. Are you planning to use a yellow or white metal?

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks Chrono. I hope to document the whole process to give back a little to all those that have done the same to me.

As for the design we are thinking of the double prong setup as she REALLY doesn''t want to lose this stone AGAIN.
2.gif
Since she usually wears yellow gold the plan is to go with that with the idea that the yellow gold would look good against the green and for the gold artwork not to be too much but done to highlight the gem not take away from it.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I love the colour. You''re very lucky you found it. I would''ve been crying tears of relief too.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous stone! Thank goodness you were able to find it.
23.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 12:00:41 PM
Author: Sal from Cal
Thanks Chrono. I hope to document the whole process to give back a little to all those that have done the same to me.

As for the design we are thinking of the double prong setup as she REALLY doesn''t want to lose this stone AGAIN.
2.gif
Since she usually wears yellow gold the plan is to go with that with the idea that the yellow gold would look good against the green and for the gold artwork not to be too much but done to highlight the gem not take away from it.
Here''s a picture of one of my favourite pendant settings for square shaped stones. It''s by The Platinumsmith. Just in case you were looking for ideas! I concur, yellow gold will look lovely.

Phillip Schmidt pendant.jpg

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you Gailey for that picture as I am one who over researches everything so I feel comfortable making a decision. I really like the setting and the fact the prongs don''t take away from the gem as well its nice clean lines.

I started talking to JKT (love the fact I starting to learn the lingo and abbr. here) and she asked me to send my little template. Will be very interesting to see how this develops though she is booked until March but that is a good thing as it mean she is doing well and that people are seeing her great craftsmanship.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow,
There''s so many horror stories like this on PS. Glad you found your lovely stone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you were as lucky ducky to find it!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:) glad you found.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sooo glad you found it! I've lost 3-4 stones myself (I'm really super careful now) Your stone is gorgeous and I love how you intend to set it!
36.gif

-A

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty
1.gif

What an adventure! Glad you found it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results