shape
carat
color
clarity

I will walk into a store and buy this diamond if...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrClarkMr

Rough_Rock
...you guys think this would be a decent deal

Hi all,
I have been looking here on pricescope and everywhere else I can think of for a stone for an engagement ring, and, during an unrelated trip into a local/semi-chain diamond store, an acquaintance of mine there told me about a stone she had received and thought of me. This was returned by a person who did not end up getting married, then an employee at the store wanted it, was still unable to pay for it at the time though, and doesn''t expect to be able to anytime soon (I can trust the person who told me this).

I have seen it, both with naked eye and magnified, and it looks completely beautiful to me, but you all are the experts ;-)
What I know of it so far:

Round Cut
Sarin 0 (Ideal?)
G Color
SI3 Clarity
1.57ct
EGL cert.
Ring of my choice included (tiffany style, within reason)
$7400

I know this isnt enough info for a yes/no decision, but does this diamond for this price seem like a decent buy given other measurements return average/better than average? I would love to get it through a local store because they''d throw an ok small ring and set it, and it would be covered for life under their nice policy rather than me having to get diamond insurance.

Is the SI3 clarity something I should lose sleep over if it looked ''eye clean'' to me, a casual observer? What do you all think (and is there any other specs that would be deal-breakers that I should pay attention to)?
Thanks SO much, I definitely cannot screw this decision up
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mrclarkmr,
you are right, not reallly enough info.....
i did a quick search though, and 1.57 g si3 egl stones are priced right at $6

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
We need the numbers from the sarin to tell you much about it.

Here is an online price comp for you.
The one your looking at may or may not be better cut and that will change the price a little.
On an egl stone not by a lot however.
A simple gold tiffany style setting is around $100 or so.
http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=3174476&ref=PS622

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Could you post the numbers that were used in the Sarin report? That would help as to "deal" you are getting. But my first instinct is no.

MrClarkMr

Rough_Rock
Would this be a much better buy (based on previous limited info)?

$6,507

Laboratory: EGL
Carat Weight: 1.6
Color: E
Clarity: SI2
Shape: Round
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depth: 61.3%
Table: 55%
Polish: EX
Symmetry: EX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Culet: N
Girdle: TN F
Fluorescence: VSB
Measurements: 7.54x7.57x4.63

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s an SI3, I find it hard to believe that it''s eye clean especially considering it''s size.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2005 11:11:42 AM
Author: MrClarkMr
Would this be a much better buy (based on previous limited info)?

$6,507

Laboratory: EGL

Carat Weight: 1.6

Color: E

Depth: 61.3%

Table: 55%

Polish: EX

Symmetry: EX

Girdle: TN F

Fluorescence: VSB

Measurements: 7.54x7.57x4.63

Based on the limited info this one has posibilities.
The table and depth combined with the tight measurements are indications that it might be very good.
Can you get the sarin info for it?
Even the percentages from the egl cert would help.
Is it egl usa?
The pricing is more in line also.
High for internet not that bad for b&m.

MrClarkMr

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the heads up- I see what you're talking about! Should I be concerned with the 'VSB' rating on the second diamond? As far as I can tell, that is what is bringing the price down on it... It's an Ideal cut

And this is the last (third) one, i promise
9.gif

$7,632
Laboratory: EGL (USA)
Carat Weight: 1.75
Color: G
Cut: Premium
Depth: 60.7%
Table: 59%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Girdle: M
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 7.73x7.81x4.72

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
very strong flour isnt a problem as long as it doesnt make the diamond look mirky in sunlight.
Since its a b&m look at it in bright sunlight and if it looks good your ok.
I actualy like the blue tint it can give it in sunlight but check and see how it appeals to your eyes.

I like the second one better still based on the amount of information available.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know VSB in an E could be problematic & the stone should trade for less. It''s the VSB that you must view in all lighting conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results