shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to cry...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I left my ring in to have two of the prongs rebuilt today.
39.gif

I just got it back from Wink before xmas - and it was sooooo perfect.

Last night I was out with FI and we got the bus home. He pulled his bag up onto his knee and caught my ring really badly pulling two of the prongs right up and twisting one of them. Thank god the stone and the rest of the setting was completely unharmed - I had the loupe out within seconds!

They are calling me on Tuesday to let me know how much it will cost to retip and fix them.
15.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Pandora! That really stinks! What luck...

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awh...I am so sorry. But how fortunate it happened at a time that you were consciencely aware or paying attention.

What metal are your prongs? I really am sorry for you. You just got it back? Too much turmoil, huh?
8.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww no!! That''s rotten. At least you didn''t lose the stone or damaged the setting. I hope that it doesn''t cost too much to get the prongs fixed.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
It''s platinum, so shouldn''t be too difficult. They were very delicate to start with so they will add some metal and shape them all to match.

I told the jeweller that I was super-paranoid about them chipping my stone. If you put a burr near it you will chip it - diamonds are stronger.

FI is feeling quite guilty I think.

My hand just feels so naked again...

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Pandora thats awful!! Are you having a local jeweller fix it?

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Sorry you''re without your ring again. Hope it''s back with you before you know it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2008 3:58:27 PM
Author: Maisie
Aw Pandora thats awful!! Are you having a local jeweller fix it?
I found a nice one near New Bond Street who was recommended by a friend whose family all use them.

I'm happy to do it with them as it's 'minor surgery' and it's handy to have someone here who can check my prongs etc regularly.

I took FSIL with me - my brother got her finger-size wrong, so despite my advice to wait till the summer, she's having it resized. She was shocked that the woman agreed with me on having prongs checked every 6 months.

(I also gave her a good talking to - she never takes her ring off at all. Why do people think that because it's a diamond you can't damage it?
20.gif
)

FI is forgiven - he's told me to give Wink a wish-list for him to chose from for my wedding present.
36.gif
30.gif
(I've put a thread in the colour stones bit - so feel free to post ideas!)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you have someone you trust to keep an eye on your ring. I still don''t have anyone to do routine maintenance on mine. There is one that I keep meaning to go and have a look at. I have a few more months before I reach the 6 month check up time.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, Pandora ... this is horrible.
I can imagine how terrible it is for you ... I just enjoy seeing the pic in your avatar, I can imagine how much you love admiring it on your hand.
Don''t fret. Your baby will be repaired and back on your finger before you know it ... just like nothing happened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to hear! I hope you get your ring fixed soon! How frustrating!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stinks Pandora, but glad you found someone good to fix it!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I''m so happy you didn''t lose the stone but I''m sorry it had to happen at all! I hope they are able to fix it quickly.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2008 6:59:34 PM
Author: Catmom
Oh, I''m so happy you didn''t lose the stone but I''m sorry it had to happen at all! I hope they are able to fix it quickly.
Ditto, so sorry this had to happen Pan.
15.gif
But I bet it will be fixed and back on your finger soon!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!

At least you realized it right away, and thank goodness there wasn''t any other damage to the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results