shape
carat
color
clarity

I WANT A DONUT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or is it doughnut? Or does it just not matter anymore?

Anyway... I want a sour cream donut. For lunch. Badly.

You guys having any innappropriate or unhealty cravings?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not really.
5.gif

i just think about how gross i'll feel after i eat something like that, and then i go eat some watermelon or something really cold and crisp. my cravings during the summer are typically for very cold, crisp fruit.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
You mean like the box of grocery store bakery cookies I just ate over the course of 2 days and now I want Cheetos?

My bad cravings are usually spawned the week leading up to my period
14.gif
the rest of the time, Im a very healthy eater... go figure!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I really want lamb chops and mashed potatoes for dinner. I know that I always feel gross after I eat fatty foods, but it''s so good! I need to get over my meat cravings. Maybe I''ll just force myself to make tuna or order sushi for my solo dinner tonight. I''m still planning on having a glass or two of wine, but I''ve saved up for that one!

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
i am dying for a banana milkshake. i am choosing paint colors for the bathroom and one was named banana milkshake, a subtle creamy yellow shade.

i can't stop thinking about one made with fresh bananas and haagen daaz vanilla. mmmmm....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE summer fruit. We have more fruit in our fridge than I know what to do with right now. I could go on a fruit diet and be totally happy...if only because summer fruit is so fleeting...

However summer fruit leads to another problem. Fruit pies. Argh. I am not a sweets person, but I LOVE pie. I want a strawberry pie. Or a peach pie. Heck, just give me some pie crust to gnaw on....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 1:07:40 PM
Author: pinkflamingo
i am dying for a banana milkshake. i am choosing paint colors for the bathroom and one was named banana milkshake, a subtle creamy yellow shade.

i can''t stop thinking about one made with fresh bananas and haagen daaz vanilla. mmmmm....
OH! That is the BEST way to make a bananna milkshake too. Oh yum. Okay now I want Cheetos, lamb for dinner (having grilled fish), and a bananna milkshake with my donut.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gyp...none of that will contribute to dainty fingers!!! heheee.
41.gif

If I have a really bad craving, typically I just have to give in otherwise I tend to think about it UNTIL I get it!! Last week I was DYING for some pizza and I don''t even like it really. But once I had it, it tasted like absolute heaven and then I was like ''over it''....we had 2 slices in the fridge leftover and I didn''t even want to touch them.
9.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
After my dress fitting on the 17th, I really need to get back to my healthy eating. But it''s really warm here in Boston today and unfotunately it makes me want to go to Coldstone Creamery. There happens to be one right down the street from my office. it''s what I''ve wanted for two days now.

I can reason it won''t be so bad if I have sushi for lunch?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Do it. Eat the donut. And then just to be on the safe side, eat a doughnut too. Cover ALL your potential spelling bases, just to be sure. And then have an extra one for me
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BLUE!!! I've missed you!

We have to go out on errands, and one of them is well... right by the donut shop. SO... we are going to split one. Or maybe not. LOL.
I haven't had a donut in... ages. About a year probably. Gonna have to enjoy that sucker.

Mara... no the fingers will stay pudgy. But it's been a year!!!

NY-- sushi is great. And Coldstone. I have a friend who gets the like it size and always leaves half. She's very good about that.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif
Having my sushi now... counting down until end of the workday when I can go for ice cream... mmmmmmmmm
31.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 1:54:13 PM
Author: nytemist
2.gif
Having my sushi now... counting down until end of the workday when I can go for ice cream... mmmmmmmmm
31.gif
Yum... I love sushi. What are you having?

tracys126

Shiny_Rock
For me, one donut leads to a day of eating whatever the heck I want. I mean, once I take that first step then it's a downhill spiral. I do crave bad stuff all the time, but I usually find that iif I fill the craving another way, such as fruit or sherbet or something, I'm much happier with myself.

But I hear you!

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having salmon and tuna nigiri. yum.

I will stop at a smalll dish of ice cream. Any more and I will feel horribly guilty at the gym in the morning.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My weakness lately have been Starbuck''s mud pies (in the grocery store). I am trying to lose 6.5 more pounds of baby weight but I have such a weakness for sweets. I know if I could stop eating sweets I could lose it in a heartbeat.

I was just thinking about it the other day and we are constantly having to tell ourselves no. I don''t go to the grocery very often (my husband usually does it) and it is filled with every conceivable type of junk. The treats and temptations are everywhere.

Enjoy your donut!

(Mara, I do exactly the same thing. If I get a craving, I can''t forget it until I eat the food. Luckily, I don''t get cravings too often).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It''s both. Doughnut for the proper folk; donut for the slang chicks.
2.gif

Sour cream donuts? Never heard of em......but then again, I love sour cream coffee cake, so I''m sure it''s good.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted about this over in our weekly workout thread but my latest thang for when I have sweet cravings is 1% chocolate milk...it''s surprisingly low fat but you still get the milk proteins and the vitamins and the most important part..THE CHOCOLATE.
30.gif

I also love chocolate mousse with 1% milk from the Jello box, it''s surprisingly tasty and again, pretty healthy. The perfect summer dessert with no guilt!!

Oh and strawberries on angel food cake with RediWhip is pretty good too.

I absolutely LOVE Cold Stone, but I can''t go there because I get the ''love it'' and eat it ALL and then I feel REALLY SICK and lay about the house moaning, and then Greg says ''I don''t know why you do that to yourself.''
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I crave ice cream constantly, around the clock. Which is totally horrible since I have a family history of diabetes (and I had gestational diabetes with my second pregnancy). My faves are Ben and Jerry''s Peanut Butter Cup, and those chocolate and strawberry eclair bars that you can get from the ice cream man. I used to get my exercise as a kid by chasing him down the block.
emembarrassed.gif
I''d guess that I have one serving of ice cream EVERY DAY. I''m a nutritionist''s worst nightmare.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Mara! I feel sick after every time I have ice cream, too. EVERY TIME. (which means every day for me) And every time I ask myself, "why did I just do that to myself?" And then I do it again the next day.
20.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
I''ve had two cravings lately. The first is whichever thread here mentioned chicken salad with grapes. Can''t stop thinking about it - and yet haven''t made it.

The other I sadly (pathetically) gave into last night. S''mores. No - I didn''t even build a fire. I microwaved the jumbo puff for 15 seconds on top of a square of chocolate and graham cracker. As soon as the timer went off I rolled the 5" balloon back onto the graham cracker with the top and sssssmmmmmmooooooooooshshshshssh.

Warm and gooey and chocolately. I ate two more.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH i love s''mores sooo much!! Definitely a guilty pleasure from childhood!

I have been making noises about getting us one of those patio firepit things that are all the rage here in CA now...JUST to make s''mores the old fashioned way. But of course I keep saying...well we could also grill hot dogs and stuff too.
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a bag of Munchos for lunch since I took so long looking at diamonds that there was no time left to get any real food!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, we have one of those S''mores makers things...it is this lazy Susan type thing with little ceramic dishes stuck in it to hold your S''mores fixin''s, then there is a little space in the middle to put a thing of chafing fuel under (the thing that goes under those big aluminum pans on a buffet). It was a wedding gift from one of my co-workers at the time. Sadly, we''ve never used it...back when we first got it we went out and bought all the ingredients and couldn''t find chafing fuel, so we ate the S''mores microwaved! I''ve seen them advertised at places like Target for around $20, though. That would save Greg from having to buy you a fire pit!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sour Cream donuts... Dunkin Donuts has them... but only ONE of the 8 DD''s by us make them well. we used to call the type of donut an ''old fashioned'' donut when I live in SF, Bay area b/c Happy Donuts in San Mateo made the best ones... although not with sour cream.

It was GOOD.
18.gif

And I don''t feel too guilty b/c we''ve been eating very healthy and have no junk food in the house except all the sugar free low carb crap that''s just there to make me *think* I have sweets and stuff in the house, just so I don''t buy any... but that don''t really taste good enough to tuck into unless I''m desperate. LOL.

Sushi. I have a sushi craving now. Will have to work that into this weekend''s schedule.

Chicken salad with grapes sounds good, though.

As for ice cream. Well... I rarely if ever want ice cream. And when I do it''s never a strong craving... I can always resist it.

Now. Wegman''s Vanilla Napoleans. Those... I can''t resist. Thank god the nearst Wegman''s is 20 minutes away.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you guys SUCK.

i am about to trek over to the work fridge to see if there is anything sweet in there...someone brought in a variety of ice cream bars last week!
11.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
double stuffed oreos anyone??????
11.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2006 4:51:58 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
I had a bag of Munchos for lunch since I took so long looking at diamonds that there was no time left to get any real food!
DJ,
I adore Munchos!!! Tonight I am having a cheesesteak and fries. Since the kids are away and I am home alone, I have eaten way too much junk food. I cook healthy meals but too much trouble cooking for just little old me. Well the way things are going guess I won''t be so little after all. Hehe
3.gif

Gypsy,
I haven''t had a sour cream donut, but it sounds yummy. Glad you enjoyed it.
9.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I did it. I obstained from the lamb chops. I was good and bought and nice piece of tuna instead that I will cook later. (I have a super yummy recipie if anyone wants it). I have some berries for dessert so that takes care of the sweet stuff. Too bad I have to eat alone...
8.gif
BF has to work late...

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I was craving ice cream, but now that someone''s mentioned chocolate milk and sushi, I''m craving those too. I think I think about food for most of my day.
3.gif
20.gif
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results