shape
carat
color
clarity

I think it''s time for fairy dust

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
The last few weeks have been pretty stressful. The end of my first semester of grad school is quickly approaching, and that means so are the due dates of my major papers. I haven''t been able to concetrate on them much because my grandfather has been in the hospital and now a nursing home for rehab. They won''t release him to my grandmother until she has recovered from the knee surgery she had on Tuesday (which went very well). My grandfather has alzheimer''s and he is not doing well at the nursing home because it makes him very confused. He doesn''t always know his house when he''s home either, but it''s definitely more familiar than the nursing home.

It''s just been so hard lately, and sometimes I cry because I miss my grandfather. He usually doesn''t know who we are anymore; only on his best days. We used to be very close so it breaks my heart. I am hoping that he is able to get out of the nursing home before Christmas because it was bad enough that he wasn''t home for Thanksgiving. This is also the first holiday season without my other grandfather who passed away in February.

I''m trying to stay as positive as I can and I hope that things are better by Christmas. Please sprinke some fairy dust for me and my family.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Jewels, my heart goes out to you and your grandma! I will keep you in my prayers. Sending lots of PS dust. Huge hug to you during this difficult time
hug.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels, ten truckloads of fairy dust to you, your grandfather, and grandmother. And lots of big hugs to you all as well!!!
35.gif

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much Skippy. Your thoughts and prayers (and hugs!) really do mean a lot to me.

And thank you also SDL. Alzheimers is such a painful thing to watch, as I know you understand all too well. My gradnfather has had it for about 10 years now, and it gets more difficult as time goes on. I try to remember him how he was when I can because that's how he would want me to think of him.

ETA: Thank you too Monarch. The kind words and hugs really help make me feel better!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Jewels, so sorry to hear of your family''s situation
7.gif
I am thinking of you.

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TDM!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results