shape
carat
color
clarity

I Think I Need This Watch -------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
What would Looie do?
saint.gif

UTC.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Cohiba, I need to frequent these watch threads more often. What *was* thinking all that time not even visiting them? Anyway going forward to my Watch Ed101 now, *that* is a smart looking watch you posted! Get it! Get it!!
11.gif
[This is your conscience speaking
9.gif
.]

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Oh Cohiba, you are teasing me. You know that is the mens model of Breitling that I am trying to find in the womens model. Fess up with the details. Tell me about the women's model and our choices and maybe we can split the set and save some dough.

Kmom, stick around long enough and you will catch the watch bug. I have ordered a custom Rolex that Cohiba, Rodie and myself dreamed up and designed, don't even have it in hand yet although it is paid for, and I have already planned the next two watch purchases. Be warned! It is addictive and especially hanging out with people that are so knowledgeable and passionate. It is catching and there is no innoculation. I am so glad that another lady is going to be joining us. We like to go to Cohiba's parlor kick back and talk watches while some enjoy cubans and brandy or port. They talk big business and I ask silly girl questions and amuse them. They have been kind enough to let me stick around and take me under their wings. I think you will like our get togethers.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Cohiba, that watch you're watching...doesn't look like you'll run out of time with that one.
9.gif

Beth, sounds like I would enjoy the get togethers, but the only thing is I don't like smoke. Yes, I'm a self righteous former smoker. Not even the finest cubans will turn me on these days.
2.gif
But I do like great company and will put up with mostly anything for that. I will definitely join you all for some brandy or port however.
1.gif
I'm flexible.
9.gif

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Kmom Thats okay. Looie doesn't like it either. It gets all in his fur and makes him sick. That what he said before anyway. Good thing it's only pretend smoke. Hopefully it won't bother you in the fantasy cyber world.

Cohiba, come out come out wherever you are! You must elaborate on the Breitling pretty please with sugar on top! Are we waiting on Rodie to show up before get started into the nitty gritty? Are you really serious about the watch Cohiba or are you baiting me? I'm biting.
naughty.gif

I think somebody needs to send Rodie an engraved invitation, or a road map at least...

Rodie, can you post your Breitling(s) here pretty please if you haven't traded for something else? And how about telling us something of the history of Breitling. I was drawn to this watch (ladies version) before I even knew y'all and knew nothing about watches. (as though I know SO much now! Ha!) -Beth - aka "if it doesn't have a battery what makes it GO ???"
errrr.gif
and uh, unfortunately, I am still stuck on that one despite your best efforts guys. I think I need a diagram and vocabulary list.
wink2.gif

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
picture.GIF

I am waiting for Looie to sober up and come on over!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looie is helping me at work now. He'll be home tonight. I am driving him so he won't stop at the bar. But he can't comment right now.

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
I lost it, didn't move fast enough, oh well, there will be other watches.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
I think there will be others Cohiba! I did not realize it was an ebay auction. I am assuming now it was. Is Breitling your favorite brand? Wasn't it you that was offered the fleet buyers deal on the newest one you just got if you purchased a set of 3?

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth:

Yes I found it on eBay, set it to watch, and it was taken off in one day. I contacted the seller and he said somebody bought it and he closed the auction. I've been on a Breitling kick lately, I guess I'll grow out of it. I've thought of contacting a dealer and seeing if they could get one made like that, we had a dealer in NYC that gave us 35% off on Breitling, but he left the business to take up bicycle racing -- in Texas no less! That's a $25,000 watch, I bet he got over $20,000 for it to take it off.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
errrr.gif
How much ???? I guess the ladies version is definitely out for me! At least until I finally ever make my diamond purchase. Wow. I didn't realize it was that pricey. I remember looking at the womens model and seriously considering it and I wouldn't have done that if it had been that much. Now I can't even find that the womens model exists, so maybe it was a scam anyway. Or maybe it was another brand and I am remembering incorrectly.

Dang, that is too bad about the connection being that we are forming a consortium of watch types it could have come in handy.

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Hey Cohiba, I just found you a replacement for way cheaper! I emailed you about it but here is a photo. I know you like them really big, but honestly I think this is the biggest watch I have ever seen. Not too sure about the mix of colored metals, would have to see in real life, but for the price you can't go wrong.
11.gif

breitling for 8131.jpg

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Here is a shot on the wrist so you can see the size. This is the description. "This is a mint condition, full size Crosswind in steel and 18K gold. It is serial number B13055 and model 4291. There is not a scratch, and the watch was worn twice and put in a box. The watch has a blue face and is an automatic chronograph with date. It runs perfectly and comes with our 90 day warranty. The band is a full 8 inches long and is adjustable"

And no folks, I am not selling it or propositioning a sale, just window shopping with a friend so don't get wound up. lol. wound up get it? okay bad joke.

breitling8131wrist.jpg

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth, that's not so big, it's 42.7 mm, my Super Avenger is 44.3 and my Bentley is 44.7 mm in diameter. I have decided to confine my watch purchases to precious metal, primarily YG.

Cohiba Aficionado

Rough_Rock
Beth:

Today is a sad day, the last flight of the Concorde. It promised to bring Australia a lot closer.

picture.GIF

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Cohiba, its only about 16 hours from your house to mine on the regular plane. JAK said once that she was really going to miss Concorde when she had to go to Europe on business. I have never used them as I figure it's out of my pricing bracket. There will be other planes. Concorde was getting old and there were safety concerns? I would rather have you arrive safe anyway. I bet you could get a good nap in first class with lots of pretty blonde hostesses to wait on you hand and foot!

Now really, that watch is huge. This is smaller than your others? Crikey. You really do need to lift weights to keep your arm from getting tired wearing them everyday! I will keep your requirements in mind when I window shop with you. I know you had the thing about gold watches but I figured you had moved past that now that you have a bunch. Women to wear white metal rings (platinum) and men to wear gold watches. I like that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results