shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I have a new obsession...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I went to our new Sephora store today. And OMG.

Just...OMG. So much STUFF in such a small SPACE.

I wanted everything and I don''t even wear makeup! But I couldn''t bring myself to try anything until I knew what the heck I was doing with an eyeshadow brush...so I bought some stuff at Wal-Mart and I am practising to make myself worthy of Sephora. Lol does anybody else love this place? It is ridiculously fun in there.

P.S. I have an Event Planned to visit MAC next weekend...their pigments on ebay are making me want to drool.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sephora is so good and so bad at the same time...I could easily spend hundreds of dollars in there very very quickly if given the opportunity...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And another Sephora addict is born...
27.gif
11.gif

I''ve been an addict since high school when they opened their flagship store in SF - my best friend and I (we share an addiction to makeup) went right after they opened and it was love at first sight.
30.gif
30.gif

And I''m totally with neatfreak - can easily spend ridiculous amounts of money in that store without even trying
32.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sephora is DANGEROUS. I am totally addicted to it, can walk in and come out with so much stuff I do not need, but dang I want it!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I cannot shop there--- I would buy up the ENTIRE place---in all seriousness, that place is wonderful. It sells my fav shampoo and conditioner only sold at select Saks and the NYC salon.

ladymentha

Shiny_Rock
They opened a new Sephora near my city too! A lot of products are really good quality but so expensive. My friend wanted some eye cream for her panda eyes
31.gif
. The employee recommended this eye cream. The tube was able 4 inches long and 1 inch wide and $75 w/o tax. When she saw the price, she was like my panda eyes are not worth that much! lol!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love sephora and use to spend a ton of money there and had an amazing makeup and skin care collection! Now, I do not have the luxury of HUGE amounts of storage like I did in my house and much of my makeup has been given to my friend.

Now, mostly I buy Philosophy 3-in-ones there and my spending is down to less than $30 a month! Tremendous drop after blowing more money than I'm willing to admit (even online where nobody knows me
2.gif
)!

Oh, and if anyone is a huge makeup/skin care buff and has an outlet mall nearby, you should check to see if you have The Cosmetics Company Store because they sell tons of brands at 30% off. They have MAC there and other great brands, like Clinique. They do not have Chanel though
7.gif
If only glossimers could be purchased for 30% off.

Here's the store listings for those by Seattle (the outlet is actually in Tulalip/Marysville):

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=71

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh I wish I had one of those near me! Eeek.

I managed to escape Sephora once without buying anything, but when I told my husband how awesome it was and that I was - gasp! - actually willing to wear makeup now, he said I could get a couple things with each paycheck
2.gif
Heh, he''s more excited about the fact that I am going to start doing my face than I am.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you sign up for a beauty insiders card? Be sure to do so because for every $100 you spend, you get a free gift. They keep track of your points until you rack up enough for a new free goody. Also, give them you b-day info and every year you get a free gift. All you need to do is give them your email address (I have a hotmail account set up for all my favorite stores/websites to keep track of sales) so I''m not getting tons of junk mail at my normal email - Sephora hasn''t sold my email though so all is cool
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don't tempt me to give you a makeover MP......because I totally will.....

And my overflowing makeup case is one of the reasons I haven't gone to Sephora yet...

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I have a nice collection of their Urban Decay sparkly eye shadows and I can''t even wear them! They just sit here and I stare at them....kinda like my gemstone collection!

Since I was diagnosed with SLE lupus, and I''m now home on a disability retirement, I don''t wear makeup anymore....I have the butterfly rash that goes along with lupus and my skin feels better without anything on it.

I''m fighting the urge to buy more......
32.gif

Lori

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 1:49:41 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Don''t tempt me to give you a makeover MP......because I totally will.....

And my overflowing makeup case is one of the reasons I haven''t gone to Sephora yet...
Oh feel FREE. Hey, we should totally go to Sephora and/or MAC whenever we have your photo shoot
5.gif
It''s way too fun in there and I am dying to go back with money lol.

And aw loriken! That sucks :/ I actually feel really weird today because I did my face up, and I am not used to keeping my hands away from my face. I am pretty sure half of my makeup is on my hands already lol.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoy looking around in Sephora. This weekend I bought a couple of lipsticks by a company called Too Faced - has anyone else ever used their products? How do you like them? The Sephora in downtown Philadelphia has a nice line of Givenchy makeup, too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 2:28:40 AM
Author: loriken214
I have a nice collection of their Urban Decay sparkly eye shadows and I can''t even wear them! They just sit here and I stare at them....kinda like my gemstone collection!

Since I was diagnosed with SLE lupus, and I''m now home on a disability retirement, I don''t wear makeup anymore....I have the butterfly rash that goes along with lupus and my skin feels better without anything on it.

32.gif

Lori
Have you tried Burt''s Bees or MAC? My friend has MS and severe allergies to most products (especially those with Sodium Laurel Sufates - she''s managed to find many skin care products she can wear) and even can wear MAC eye shadows. Try Nordstrom and keep the MAC e/s boxes so you can return the eye shadows if they don''t work out. Oh, and also look for hair care w/out SLS as that can upset your skin too.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 2:43:47 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I enjoy looking around in Sephora. This weekend I bought a couple of lipsticks by a company called Too Faced - has anyone else ever used their products? How do you like them? The Sephora in downtown Philadelphia has a nice line of Givenchy makeup, too.
I actually have heard a lot of good things about that line on a forum I frequent...I''m not sure if I can post the name, but it''s a really popular makeup forum.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love Sephora, then don''t even set foot in a C.O. Bigelow. They''re amazing. They have all personal care products, not just makeup, and the stores are so gorgeous that you just want to buy everything.

I love makeup. I could stay at home and play with makeup for hours on end. In fact, I sometimes do if hubby''s away and I don''t have plans for the night! Nerd. I know.

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 2:28:40 AM
Author: loriken214

32.gif

Lori

Lori, have you looked into Bare Escentuals? It''s a wonderful line for women with lupus. They''ve even had a Lupus charity eyeshadow for sale in the past. They have a really gorgeous color range too.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2008 5:19:37 PM
Author: Haven
If you love Sephora, then don''t even set foot in a C.O. Bigelow. They''re amazing. They have all personal care products, not just makeup, and the stores are so gorgeous that you just want to buy everything.

I love makeup. I could stay at home and play with makeup for hours on end. In fact, I sometimes do if hubby''s away and I don''t have plans for the night! Nerd. I know.

OMG Haven I''m so glad I''m not the only person who does that
12.gif

Did you catch the Friends and family sale? It ends today - 20% off everything, online, code is FF2008...
27.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I love love love Sephora!!! My favorite part is the Philosophy stuff I''m always buying new body washes, I highly recommend them especially their seasonal products like hot chocolate and pumpkin.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of Sephora, I was in there recently and picked up some stocking stuffers for my daughter.
One I bought was the new Givenchy mascara with the round, ball shape brush. Has anyone tried it?

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I have a sephora close to my work and its just trouble!!! I will literally need NOTHING and always leave that store with a little black bag EVERY TIME!

Also, downtown chicago they just opened an Ulta - its 4, yes 4 floors! First floor is the higher end stuff, smashbox, bare escentuals, beneFit, and all the perfume under the sun, Second floor is like a drugstore makeup section with revlon, almay, neutrogena, third floor is hair stuff - ranging from Garnier Fructis to Frederic Fekkai, 4th floor is the salon. I mean, are you kidding me? It was really to die for - AND they do 20% coupons ALL the time! God, I am way to excited about this....

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/11/2008 11:43:18 AM
Author: julesbeth
I have a sephora close to my work and its just trouble!!! I will literally need NOTHING and always leave that store with a little black bag EVERY TIME!

Also, downtown chicago they just opened an Ulta - its 4, yes 4 floors! First floor is the higher end stuff, smashbox, bare escentuals, beneFit, and all the perfume under the sun, Second floor is like a drugstore makeup section with revlon, almay, neutrogena, third floor is hair stuff - ranging from Garnier Fructis to Frederic Fekkai, 4th floor is the salon. I mean, are you kidding me? It was really to die for - AND they do 20% coupons ALL the time! God, I am way to excited about this....

Ulta rocks! I get my brows done there too.

=)

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
You know what''s funny?? They opened a Sephora in my mall about 6-8 months ago and I''ve never been in there. I''ve seen the big pictures of models they have in their windows and the models always look great, but I''ve never had an inclination to go in there; I guess it''s a good thing. I use Mary Kay mostly and when I switched to that I thought that was expensive!! Well, I doubt I could ever handle buying Sephora!!! (However, a part of why I use Mary Kay and can afford it is because I''m a consultant so as long as I buy omething at least once a year, I stay "active" and I can even get a huge discount if I buy enough :) )

However, I was thinking of going to Sephora to have them do some makeup on me...for my wedding next year. I have no idea if that''s something that they do or not?! If they do, do you have to go into their store to get your makeup done on the big day, or do they have someone who can come to you? Also, is it really expensive? I''m thinking anything under $100 would be decent because there''s a woman in my area who does airbrush makeup and she wanted $150 to do my makeup for the day of my wedding!! Honestly?! No matter HOW nice she makes me look, I can''t justify that much money! My photographer could totally photoshop any imperfections! :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like looking at makeup, but not actually buying it. There''s just too many decisions to make and when you make one, you walk away with a tiny little thing for so much money. I really think make up only looks good when there''s so much of it all lined up, but I could still lose myself for hours in there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results