shape
carat
color
clarity

i think i found my diamond!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icegurl

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

First off, I need to thank all of you guys! I''ve gained so much knowledge about diamonds these past couple months. Who knew that there was so much to learn? I thought all a diamond needed to be was pretty! haha. So now, after much looking around, I think I finally found THE ONE... but I need your help one last time! Honestly, I''ve been looking at this same diamond for a couple weeks now and I''m in love... but just need that reassurance, I guess! You know how we women can be! =)

So here are the specs:

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.10ct
Color: D
Clarity: SI2
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
Optical Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Girdle: 1.22%
Culet: None
Lab Report: GIA
Width: 6.66mm
Length: 6.68mm
Depth: 4.10mm
Table: 54.59%
Depth: 61.41%
Crown angle: 34.42‹
Crown Depth: 15.47%
Pavilion angle: 40.81‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.11%
Upper Girdle : 42.14‹
Lower Girdle : 42.07‹

So whaddaya all think?

Thanks again!! =)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HCA 1.2 .

Nice

Personally I'd bump up the clarity to the VS2 range and drop the color to the F range.

But to each his own.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like it will be stunning. Is it eyeclean? If so, great find.

shay

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 5:18:05 PM
Author: kenny
HCA 1.2 .

Nice

Personally I'd bump up the clarity to the VS2 range and drop the color to the F range.

But to each his own.
Ditto. VS2 would be cleaner and the drop to an F color barely perceptible. Still, if it's eye clean then it might not be such an issue. And there's always that kudos of having a 'D' stone...

icegurl

Rough_Rock
Ooh...those are gorgeous diamonds! But unfortunately, out of our budget.

icegurl

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/7/2006 5:44:15 PM
Author: thunkpad

Date: 4/7/2006 5:18:05 PM
Author: kenny
HCA 1.2 .

Nice

Personally I''d bump up the clarity to the VS2 range and drop the color to the F range.

But to each his own.
Ditto. VS2 would be cleaner and the drop to an F color barely perceptible. Still, if it''s eye clean then it might not be such an issue. And there''s always that kudos of having a ''D'' stone...

Actually, FH wants a 1.3, VS2, D... but it''s also a lot more pricey. I''m getting the current one for less thatn $7K... and it seems like a really good deal, given that it''s completely eye clean.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Icegurl,

I recognize that one. :) Writing from home but the angles/measurements are 2nd to none and the relationship between the upper and lower girdle angles indicate no painting or digging ensuring you a top grade by either AGS or GIA for the highest optical performance. Drop us an email and we can confirm the clarity for ya if interested.

Kind regards,

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh, yes looks like a nice stone! I would totally have them check on the clarity for you and then snatch it up before someone else gets it! I know how horrible it is when someone else gets ''your'' diamond.

icegurl

Rough_Rock
Rhino: i LOVE the ring!! it seriously looks awesome!

Sunkist: Someone actually almost had MY ring!! I was drooling over this diamond for about 2 weeks. FH wasn''t too thrilled about the inclusions (which are very very minor compared to other SI2''s I''ve seen) so it took me 2 weeks to convince him. Finally, he said "ok hon...let''s put down the deposit and have it appraised..." and whaddya know... it''s gone!! I was SO heartbroken! Blame it on pms, but I nearly teared up at the loss of MY diamond!! hahaha. After that one, nothing seemed to compare. Even bigger, higher clarities, I didn''t like. I always found something wrong with them. I even kept coming back to look at the diamond, even though it was sold! Then today, I went to go look at it again, and low and behold, the "it has been purchased" writing was GONE!! So I called them and it turns out that a lady who lost her ring had it on hold to buy it with her insurance money. Luckily, she found it, and therefore no longer had the funds to purchase it!! I was beyond thrilled!! I guess we were just meant to beeeee! hahaha.... (yes, my FH thinks I''m crazy, too!)
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
please keep us posted on what you decide..looks like a winner to me.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG ... Icegurl ... Tim told me about this earlier in the week when this happened. I see the stone has been removed from our site which means you must have checked out with it. I am so thrilled for you. My lab tech Chas told me the stone was totally eye clean so I am confident about it. Thanks for sharing and I can''t wait till you see this thing live. All I can say is get your sunglasses ready.
emsmiled.gif

Warmest regards,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
way kewl
That diamond was ment to be yours there is no other explaination!
May you wear it in good health and may it bring you much joy.

icegurl

Rough_Rock
You guys all seriously rock!! I''m going to be seeing my baby in person tomorrow! I''m so excited! Thank you all for all your advice and kind words! I''ll keep you posted! =)

wake2wake

Rough_Rock
Wow - what great fortune with the stone. I can imagine how it was to ''lose'' the stone...I too had the first part of that eperience. I had picked out a stone, and called in to find out about it. When I called back the next day, they told me it had been sold. But in the end I think things tend to always work out. Glad to hear that it turned ot well in the end for you!
36.gif

icegurl

Rough_Rock
The diamond is absolutely GORGEOUS! I''ve never seen a diamond sparkle so much!

Thank you soooo much, pricescope members! And thank you sooooo much, GOG staff! I highly, highly recommend GOG to anyone who is searching for a great diamond. I knew the stone would be pretty, but what I visualized it to look like in my head didn''t even come close to how beautiful it really was! Thank you all for your help!
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results