carat
color
clarity

I think I don't like the new 18k YG earrings from BN - pix

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Re: I think I don't like the new 18k YG earrings from BN - p

junebug17|1384385018|3556001 said:
Ok, this is terribly enabling of me, and I know not everyone is going to agree with me…but I think you should go for the Tiffany earrings Smith! You first mentioned them a while ago, and you are still talking about them, and thinking about them, and you seem to just really like them a lot…so I think you should go for it! If they are going to give you a good feeling every time you put them on, I say it's worth it :devil: It sounds like you've put a big effort in trying to find another pair, but you're just not finding anything you like better…so maybe that's a sign they are the earrings for you!

OK, yesterday I had the opportunity to view lots of jewellery by Gurhan and Bicego. I was in Saks and they have cases and cases of jewellery by those two in Boston.

I was hoping to like some of the Bicego earrings as they have some drops for $640.

However....I just didn't like the Gurhan or Bicego stuff as much as those gold Tiffany earrings for 1k.

So, having started about three threads on them asking "are they worth it" over the last year, and having looked absolutely everywhere for cheaper gold dangly earrings, I have decided that I WILL buy them sometime next year. Got an expensive season coming up complete with transatlantic trip and still have to book my flight, so I'm not going to get them right now. But sometime next year, I will give in and buy them, because there is simply nothing else I like as much, and I've looked for a year and a half since I first saw them. I wonder whether to wait until the tax-free weekend in August....these earrings escaped the last price rise, so they may not escape the inevitable rise that will happen between now and then, surely.

Anyway, I've agonised over that price tag, but like I said, there is nothing I like half as much anywhere else.

27910777_870536_ed.jpg

27910777_918327_sv_1.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Smith - those are lovely, and IMHO well worth saving for. Quit trying to make do with some other pair that couldn't possibly measure up, and start saving! That's an order! :wink2:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

VRBeauty|1385225319|3561691 said:
Smith - those are lovely, and IMHO well worth saving for. Quit trying to make do with some other pair that couldn't possibly measure up, and start saving! That's an order! :wink2:

this is so true.
I call it "settling for less".
it is my own personal lesson.
better to save the $ and put it towards what will satisfy your desire than to keep throwing $ at things that won't.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Smith,

I just caught up on the thread and saw the earrings you love. I love them too, and they are perfect for your face. That design is wonderful. I think they will look great on you.

Annette

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

movie zombie|1385227559|3561707 said:
VRBeauty|1385225319|3561691 said:

this is so true.
I call it "settling for less".
it is my own personal lesson.
better to save the $ and put it towards what will satisfy your desire than to keep throwing $ at things that won't.

Ha ha VRBeauty and MZ! The Pricescopers hath spoken. The earrings, they shall be mine.

My dad asked me the other day just who I'm going to pass all my jewellery on to (yet ANOTHER veiled reference meaning: Am I ever going to get grandkids out of you? :roll: ) so I told him I'm leaving it to the Indian orphans I plan to adopt, or if they don't like the look of me, I'm going to be buried with all my treasures like an Iron Age princess. Then, when I'm dug up a thousand years from now, they'll think I was someone really important. :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

smitcompton|1385237453|3561755 said:
Hi Smith,

I just caught up on the thread and saw the earrings you love. I love them too, and they are perfect for your face. That design is wonderful. I think they will look great on you.

Annette

Thanks, Annette! I did a thread on them a while ago and a few people said they didn't think much of them. I also didn't pick them out - it was my SA who said they would suit me, and I think she's right. So yeah, I'm gonna get 'em next year. :Up_to_something: Thanks for the input!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Smith1942|1385214165|3561657 said:
I have decided that I WILL buy them sometime next year.

Well, you certainly won't get an argument from me! :D As much as I joke about enabling, I honestly wouldn't recommend that you buy them if I didn't think it was the right move. I can just tell you really love them!

Smith1942|1385244948|3561800 said:
a few people said they didn't think much of them.

It all boils down to personal preference, and I'm glad you're not going to let a few opinions deter you …FWIW I think they are really beautiful - I do feel Tiffany has some really lovely designs and this is one of them!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Smith1942|1384485081|3556806 said:
Yes, although designer brands can be heinously expensive, they sometimes have their more reasonably-priced pieces which are also heavy, and they can represent a great value of quality, style, customer service and luxury.

Well said.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

junebug17|1385269981|3561963 said:
Smith1942|1385214165|3561657 said:
I have decided that I WILL buy them sometime next year.

Well, you certainly won't get an argument from me! :D As much as I joke about enabling, I honestly wouldn't recommend that you buy them if I didn't think it was the right move. I can just tell you really love them!

Smith1942|1385244948|3561800 said:
a few people said they didn't think much of them.

It all boils down to personal preference, and I'm glad you're not going to let a few opinions deter you …FWIW I think they are really beautiful - I do feel Tiffany has some really lovely designs and this is one of them!

Thanks, Junebug! You've always been supportive of this purchase! :lol:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock

Imdanny|1385286306|3561991 said:
Smith1942|1384485081|3556806 said:
Yes, although designer brands can be heinously expensive, they sometimes have their more reasonably-priced pieces which are also heavy, and they can represent a great value of quality, style, customer service and luxury.

Well said.

Thanks! It's true that if you look, there ARE some pieces which aren't going to break the bank considering the style and fame of the brand. For example, the Cartier Trinity rings are about $1,150 for a substantial-looking width.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results