shape
carat
color
clarity

I Think I am going to Propose like this...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
GF and I are in our 40''s, we both have rugrats from a prior marriage...so we are not new to loving but we definitely feel like we are in love,for real, for the first time ever. Been dating for a year and a half, proposal time is coming close although GF fully believes it wont happen until sometime early next year. I plan on proposing in a month or two. Their is no way I can hang on to the ring for almost a year.....would rather be engaged "longer" before our agreed upon time frame of marrying in late 2010.

We have both been to New Orleans but never with each other. Neither of us have gone to New Orleans since we started dating. The first time we go will be both our first time since we met each other.

I plan on getting a hotel on Bourbon Street with a balcony view, casually hang out (sitting) on the balcony just people watching and sipping some alcohol, chilling, casual, late afternoon, sun shining. Just a fun relaxing weekend getaway.

At some point during the casual sit down.....I tell her "I want to show you a magic trick".....at which point I grab a CD, an Idealscope (she wont have any idea what an Idealscope is) and a two foot piece of string. The Idealscope and CD are really just props for the supposed magic trick since what I really want to do is tie the string to her ring finger and as I launch into my "I love you, I have always loved you, etc, etc" lifetime proposal I will ever so slowly allow the ring to come towards her finger on the string. Am thinking an anticipation sort of thing for her? Does that sound romantic?

I cant decide if just before tying the string on her finger if I should take the ring out and lay it on the CD on the table so she can, from a couple of feet away, see it but not touch it, (hopefully the CD will make it sparkle and reflect) or should I hide the ring in my pocket and put it on the string suddenly? The IS can be used after giving her the ring so she can view it closely.

The whole magic spiel, CD, and IS props are simply because I cant figure out any other way to be able to suddenly tie a string on her ring finger. That isnt something I do on a daily basis........

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That''s how my BFs brother proposed to his fiancee just a few weeks ago. (With the string trick). He told her he wanted to be with her forever, but he didn''t have a ring to give her yet. So he said that he wanted to give her a promise ring and started digging in his bag and "found" the string to tie around her finger. Then he looked at it and said "I think I can do better". And the next thing she knew, a ring was sliding down the string onto her finger. I think it''s quite a cute idea, and I think being surprised by it is better. Keep the ring in your pocket.
Just practise the ring sliding part, because apparently it takes a bit of practice to get it right. Good luck!
1.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a fun way to propose!

I''d keep the ring in your pocket/hidden until just before you put in on the string. If you put it on the table in front of her first, you may not be able to keep her from reaching for it with the other hand (that''s not tied by the string) or from otherwise getting so excited that you can''t even finish your "magic trick". The first time she should see the ring is when it''s on the string heading right for her finger!

Good luck with it!

rickster123

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses, I guess I could just completely tie her up.........um, perhaps not the most romantic idea.....I''ll go with your suggestions and keep it in my pocket......I hope I dont fumble it out and watch it roll off the balcony down onto Bourbon street....

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Hey hey hey, some girls like being tied up... oh, nm...

Be careful how much you do consume, its likely your nerves will be in overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results