shape
carat
color
clarity

I spoke to James Meyer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And he is adorable! He did not receive my email so I had to call. Such a polite, gentle man. I am sending my Gene''s ruby to James. James said he was very busy and won''t be able to start the project anytime soon but I am not a bride so it''s OK. I am really excited at the opportunity to work with him. I browsed his website, his jewelry is unique.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
He is a very nice guy. His workmanship is excellent. I have a ring with a sapphire that he set for me and would like to get something else eventually. What are you going to have him do with your ruby?

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only heard good things but it is always nice to get more info about vendor experiences! I had the chance to go into Caleb Meyer''s store in Philadelphia (I think they are brothers) and he was also extremely nice, and has absolutely gorgeous stuff in a very similar style. Gene''s rubies look like they''d all be amazing in person -- can''t wait to see how yours turns out.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awesome! What are you going to have him do w/your ruby?? His work is just gorgeous. I''d really like to have the money to have something by him at some point. Caleb is his son!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Franky, I do not know how I want to set the ruby. Chrono advised me agains bezeling it and also advised me to set it in high-carat YG. I, too, like YG. James pointed out some of his erings and I said that they were all nice and it was up to him. They are all semi-bezels. I am going to mail the ruby to him and see what happens.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Meyer does excellent high karat gold with in bezels which have an open pavilon; in this case, I''d gladly have the Master set it since his bezel work is as open as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results