shape
carat
color
clarity

I-Scope for earrings - which type?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m just in search of some general opinions here -

IF - for example, one was to consider making a pair of stud earrings - :) ........ and couldn''t afford to go the H&A / ACA route, which TYPE of imagescope do you like better and why? Remember this is for earrings - I won''t be seeing them close up, but I want them to look great! Not necessarily these stones in particular, but I''m finding many stones with similar IS views. Which one better suits an earring?

This one:

example1.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or this:

example2.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously the first one is less "perfect" interms of girdle facets, etc, but the rough symmetry is nice and the light return looks good (not a lot of leakage). The first example has stones of lesser $$$$, the latter more "typical" are more $$$$.

Will one return more color? More white? I know the latter will have more contrast, but is this necessary in earrings as much as in a ring?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both of those would be fine. The first shows thinner arrows but great light return, in reality both IdealScopes are nice for earrings, should have great light return and lots of flashes of light. For a ring I'd probably choose the second one but that's just me for a RING. For earrings I think you can get away with more and if you can find a stone that looks like the first one but does not carry a H&A premium, that's fabulous.

That first one would also make a great pendant. To answer your other Q's..I think the first would show more white brilliance than contrast and also I think that both will return a very similar amount of 'light' but how it plays on the way out may be different.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara - that''s exactly why I am having a hard time deciding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results