shape
carat
color
clarity

I saw a pad sapphire IRL - and I am in llooooove

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
But....they wanted $2,000 for a loose round pad, .7 carats, round brilliant cut STUNNING peachy/pink color. I can''t seem to find much on pad''s and this seems quite expensive??? What price range is considered fair for pad''s and where is a good place to find them online?

Thanks!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Pads sapphires are starting to leave a bad tatse in my mouth..got a picture? the problem is half of us are going to say "doesn''t like like a pad or not really pad like colors"..the other half will think it is...for $2000 and at onle .7ct it had better be a nice blend of orange and pink..got a pic?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/17/2010 9:43:56 PM
Author: amethystguy
Pads sapphires are starting to leave a bad tatse in my mouth..got a picture? the problem is half of us are going to say ''doesn''t like like a pad or not really pad like colors''..the other half will think it is...for $2000 and at onle .7ct it had better be a nice blend of orange and pink..got a pic?
Don''t forget that many of them are be-heated or synthetic, so a cert is always a must, especially when spending that kind of cash!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gemrite has a very pretty pad up that you could check out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Padparadschas are typically quite expensive depending on the colour and treatment. However, $2K for something 0.7 ct is outrageous, even if it is top colour and unheated. I would not buy any padparadscha unless it is accompanied by a memo from a reputable lab like AGL, GIA, AIGS, etc.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes check gemrite.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
That''s quite pricey....
I love that gemrite pad. I strongly considered buying it for a while.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a photo. Honestly the shop had bad vibes to it
32.gif
Everything was so overpriced - for example - a 14k white gold band with a half carat of princess cut diamonds and a half carat of rubies (each stone was 10points) had a price tag of $2,400. I opened my big mouth and said to him that it was overpriced (for our area that should have been around $1,200) and was wondering why he charges so much. He then tried to sell me on retipping my prongs. $180 for four prongs
6.gif
The reason - he buys preformed plat. prongs with white gold solder on the bottom. No way am I paying that much for preformed prongs when I can take it to my usual jeweler and have them done for $15 a prong - plat. Anyway, my point is that I figured his price was high, I just was curious how high
3.gif

eta: and no, it wasn''t certified
40.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like the whole shop was overpriced, yeesh!

My pad was unheated, and .5 carat for 350$, so I''d say 2k for .7ct is CRAZY.

Chrometsav

Rough_Rock
MTG,

Have you a picture up on the boards so we can look at it!
1.gif
Be nice to gauge the colours and may help the OP with what they should be paying etc in their shopping hunt.

CT

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure, here's a link to more pics that you'll ever want. It's really hard to photograph a pad though, I could never get the color to come out to match what I saw, it was usually too pink and not picking up the orange tones, or too orange, lol.

link

finishedpad.jpg

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results