shape
carat
color
clarity

I said goodbye to my Bogie today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Widget,
I had to grapple with the decision last June whether or not to adopt Dasani and would Chelsea accept another dog into the home. She was a feisty girly and I wanted to do what was best for her. Of course I came to Pricescope for the invaluable help of all here. Chelsea was very hesitant at first but it only took hours for her to actually enjoy having Dasani here. I will try an attempt to post the link to the thread and there are photos of my girly there too
emlove.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-all-dog-experts.29450/

Love
Libby

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh Libby....I just read your Chelsea/Dasani thread "cover to cover" and it's so heartening! And so full of good advice! I will definitely refer back to it when the time comes. Chelsea was so darling! What a love...

I hope this doesn't sound too weird, or something, but I feel really connected to you and your husband right now...imagining that you guys woke up today with the same 'feeling' in your tummies that I did. OK...I'm getting weird, I know...
20.gif

By the way, You are SO welcome to post Chelsea's picture here! In fact I wouldn't mind a bit if this thread were retitled and became a permanent "pet bereavement" thread on PS. It has been such a blessing for me.

Give Dasani a big hug for me!
emlove.gif

Janis

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
L & I, you are a real class act!!!

Libby, my condolences to you too on your so very recent loss. I trust you and Widget both can take comfort in - as everyone here agrees - "doing the right thing" for your beloved pet, because they can''t do it for themselves. They rely on us and we have to step up and take the responsibility no matter how much it hurts.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Widget and Libster,

I''m so sorry for both of you and your losses. Thank you for the picture of Bogie, Widget. What a face!

I can''t say that I know how either of you feel. But we now have two dogs so I know our time will come. There is something about that unconditional love and seeing how totally dogs are "in the moment" and how they love life that makes them ideal companions for us humans who tend to live in our heads.

Both of our dogs came home with our daughters. I never was a "dog person" until our older daughter adopted one and then had to move home when she got sick. Now I can''t imagine what life would be like without our mutts. (Our other daughter brought home another one so now we have two.) But when our time comes, I hope that we can be strong like you Widget and Libster, and do what is best for them.

Hugs....Patty

Carolina Girl

Rough_Rock
Widget and Libster I am so sorry for your losses.Pets find a special place in our hearts. It is never easy to let one go. I hope you will find a fond memory to treasure.....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Janis and Libby, I am so sorry, too!
39.gif
I rarely venture over to these forums, but I did see this one and want to stop by. Wish they had a hug smiley!

from Widget''s name twin

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2006 8:44:41 AM
Author: widget
Oh Libby....I just read your Chelsea/Dasani thread ''cover to cover'' and it''s so heartening! And so full of good advice! I will definitely refer back to it when the time comes. Chelsea was so darling! What a love...

I hope this doesn''t sound too weird, or something, but I feel really connected to you and your husband right now...imagining that you guys woke up today with the same ''feeling'' in your tummies that I did. OK...I''m getting weird, I know...
20.gif

By the way, You are SO welcome to post Chelsea''s picture here! In fact I wouldn''t mind a bit if this thread were retitled and became a permanent ''pet bereavement'' thread on PS. It has been such a blessing for me.

Give Dasani a big hug for me!
emlove.gif

Janis
Hi Janis,
Not weird at all. The grief comes in stages, one day you''re better the next you seem to go two steps back. I awoke this am to sounds of sniffles from hubby who was just crying and missing his girly. Even though we know we did what was best it doesn''t make the heart heal any faster.

I find myself looking for her and then "boom" I remember that she''s not here anymore. Before we lost Dieter I really had never been through this before and that just completely wrecked me. This time at least I know what to expect, though not any easier.

Even though it''s very painful to lose your furbaby, the years of love, special time and wonderful memories are sooooo worth having a pet in your life.

Love
Libby

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Oh widget,
7.gif
I''m so sorry. It''s so hard to loose a pet....you''ll be in my thoughts.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Widget and Libster I am so sorry for your losses! We had to put down our 15 year old dachshund last summer so I understand how you feel. They are part of the family.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Libster reading about how your husband was sniffling made me tear up, Greg never cries (literally never!) so I can imagine how sad your hubby must be.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
to widget and libster - I am so sorry for your losses. I remember how hard it was when our family dog died. It felt like the pain would never go away. He was a schnauzer mix named Scotty who we got from a shelter and one of the best dogs in the world (of course I was biased!) Now with my own schnauzer she is only 3 but I don''t even want to think of the day when she''s not here. My heart goes out to you both. Time will dull your pain and heal your heart.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Widget & Libster:

How are you both?

Are you holding up okay?

Thinking of you,

Heather

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry for both of your losses. I just now checked this thread...and I may be late in saying this, but my heart goes out to you...

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry this is so very late, but my heart goes out to you both, Widget & Libster. No matter how long we have our beloved furry babies with us, it is never enough. They give us most of the unconditional love we get in our lives and we can return that love by sharing it with another baby that needs a mom & dad, when the time is right. I''ll be thinking of you both and hope that time can ease you pain.

(3 1/2 yrs later and I still give a little cry daily for my Cricket-cat but Ella, Joffery and Rory are here in his honor- he''d be cool with that
1.gif
)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
8.gif
8.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Big hugs to you Widget, and to you, Libster. It is so hard. We had to put down our precious Gracie, a chocolate standard poodle clown and brainiac dog, last April after a very sudden and quick illness....she had kidney failure and it was devastating.

I know that all of our beloved and lost furbabies are frolicking around in the sunshine and sniffing, wagging, and having a grand time on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

BIG HUGS!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget I just wanted to let you know I''m thinking of you, when I saw that first post I cried (OK I''m still crying
20.gif
). My heart absolutely aches for you, and reminded me of that awful feeling I had last year when my beautiful boy Oggi was put down due to very sudden kidney failure at age 8... on my birthday no less
15.gif
Bogie was such a gorgeous boy, I really hope things are starting to heal for you. Gosh I''ve already gone through half a box of Kleenex reading this thread! Sincere condolences to all who have lost a pet in recent times, it is so heartbreaking but truly worth the joy they bring. Here''s my little fat sausage
1.gif
As much as I love Pippin, my new, now 11 month old moggy, I still miss Og so bad.

oggi.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a precious baby and those paws! You must miss him terribly
8.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I just got this email today. Thought I would share...

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old
Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog''s owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa,
and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and they
were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying
of cancer. I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker, and
offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their
home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would
be good for four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as
though Shane might learn something from the experience.
The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker''s family
surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last
time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few
minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept
Belker''s transition without any difficulty or confusion.
We sat together for a while after Belker''s death, wondering aloud about
the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who
had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why!" Startled, we all
turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I''d never
heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life
-- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?" The
four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so
they don''t have to stay as long."

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, SP....that is so sweet! It brought tears to my eyes! .....from the mouths of babes.....THANK YOU!

I hope that Lorelei and Libby are doing fine...I''ve thought of both of you this last month!

widget

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Widget, you have been in my thoughts too. I am coping but miss him so much, more as time passes. I hope you are doing ok, it takes time doesn''t it? I haven''t seen Libby for a while but I hope she is ok too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results