shape
carat
color
clarity

I posted this in Rocky Talky with little response...help?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stary-eyed04

Rough_Rock
Radiant (keep in mind, I''m not color sensitive and LOVE warm diamonds!)
I want it to look BIG and sparkly!!! Any opinions?
Carat Weight 1.42
Color J
Clarity VS2
Depth 67.2
Table 75
Symmetry VG
Certificate EGL
Polish VG
Girdle M-STK
Culet N
Fluorescence N
Measurements6.39x5.98x4.02

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Do a search on EGL certs...make sure you do your homework...and GOOD LUCK SHOPPING woooooooooo

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wait a day or so...A lot of folks can only post after work hours so just because you dont get immediate responses doesn''t mean people wont reply....That said, I cant offer anything as I know nothing about radiants but folks will weigh in soon...

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i''m not very familiar with radiants, but Nicrez seemed to give a pretty good assessment of the stone sight unseen in your Rocky Talky thread.

have you looked at the stone, either in photos or in person?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm afraid that without pictures, no one can comment on it because a person cannot judge fancies by numbers alone. Do you have any magnified pictures of the stone?

Your stone has a good sized table, which will make it appear larger but will also increase the table glare and decrease the amount of fire (coloured light). With a lower coloured J (plus radiants are cut to show MORE body colour) and possibly a less accurately graded EGL cert, your stone will be very warm indeed. Just want to be 100% sure that you are all right with that.

Also, is this an EGL USA, Europe or Israel cert?

stary-eyed04

Rough_Rock
EGL USA. Is that good/bad?

I won''t be able to see it until Friday!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
EGL USA is the best of the three EGL options...

ETA: You say YOU love warm diamonds but you're a guy right? Are you 100% sure your lady also loves warm diamonds? Because if it's an EGL "J", it could very well be a GIA "K" or "L"...liking warm colored diamonds is one thing but those are pretty yellow tinted stones...Just something to consider...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Table is a little large. I perfer depth in the 60-67 range and tables between 60 and 65. This diamond is going noticeably warm to the naked eye. Since it''s EGL it might actually be a K and radiants show quite a bit more color than ideal cut rounds. I personally either like radiants icey white or even warmer than yours with at least T or lower color so that they look noticably light yellow rather than just creamy.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I am no expert...but I think what Kcoursolle said seems very intuitive and I agree with her assessments.

2.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, light return is more important than the diamond being a J color. Does the vendor offer any light return reports? If you don''t know what I''m talking about, visit GoodOldGold.com. They have tutorials on how cut affects light return. I would definitely have a J color diamond that is cut well. The diamond is a nice size at 1.42 ct.. Sounds good, but whether or not it is a good diamond depends on the the cut quality.

surfgirl has a point that while others might like a J color diamond, your GF might not. Check the return policy before you buy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results