shape
carat
color
clarity

I overuse [fill in the blank].

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
understatement

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 4:02:31 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 7/10/2008 12:44:21 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 7/10/2008 5:41:33 AM
Author: brooklyngirl
I overuse words. Especially the word ''and''.

I over use ''bad words''. I work in a car dealership. With men. ''Nuff said?
11.gif
lets hear them.
9.gif
No. No. Let''s just say it keeps me on my knees in the pew each Sunday.
12.gif

It''s out of frustration, I swear! It''s either that or bang my head on the wall ala T-Gal''s avatar.

My mother called it "dealership mouth". It''s quite unladylike. And quite out of character for me outside those walls.
2.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 11:07:34 AM
Author: IndyGirl22
Date: 7/10/2008 10:23:17 AM

Author: KimberlyH

Date: 7/10/2008 9:56:10 AM

Author: IndyGirl22

I overuse words in general as well; there isn''t a word count in law school I haven''t gone over and then spent hours deleting my precious work to meet the mark!

I also overquote movie lines (anyone else do this?).
I wish I had that problem. I am always at the other end of the spectrum, adding words in to meet my word requirements. Being succint is good and all, but it happened almost every time I had a paper due.

As for the movie lines, my husband quotes them on occasion, but because I''m not a movie buff I usually don''t pick up on it and he gets annoyed that I don''t understand what he''s referencing so he''s kinda stopped doing it around me.

Haha - it''s actually frowned upon to be anywhere near the word count in law school, as they think you aren''t being concise enough. They actually like shorter papers so bad news for me.
7.gif
You''d think I''d learn, but sure enough the night before a paper is due there I am scouring my paper for any words I can delete. I always loved writing and feel so constrained in legal writing with all the word counts and citation rules, but I guess I''ll have to adjust. My SO & I love mostly the same movies so we quote them in common conversation and afterwards feel like nerds.
9.gif
I am headed to law school in fall of 2009 and that is going to KILL ME. In my department undergrad there are page ranges for every paper, but profs are not strict about staying within them, especially if the paper is on topic and using the space wisely, which I always do. However, I am reeeeeeally wordy, and even going back and cutting words out I am always a bit over the limit.

Law school is going to hurt me.
10.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2008 12:03:25 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 7/10/2008 10:24:40 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 7/9/2008 11:30:41 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 7/9/2008 11:27:33 PM
Author: decodelighted
OMG!!!! Toooootes shorten words unnecessarily ... and use ... too often ... and USE CAPS TO STRESS WORDS when I''m too lazzzzeee to bold something. Also, misspell for comic effect. Or misspell out of pure dumbosity. Invent a few weeeeerds too. Or, SQUEE, use the colorful slang of other fine peeps ''round here. Or southern abbreviations. Though most of them are so MEH! Blerg.
2.gif
You invented the word Squee. I just love it when you say that!!!
3.gif
I love SQUEE too, it''s fun to say, although I''ve never used it in real life, or on PS for that matter, because it seems like copywright infringement, almost.
Oh ''fraid I can''t claim ''squee'' ... may have been the 1st to use it on Pscope ... not EVEN sure of that (Lysser, maybe?) but I do love it so. The word I was inferring I may have invented was the much less catchy & unfun ''dumbosity''.
3.gif
Dumbosity is great too, but not as fun to say as SQUEE, and I''m attributing it to you no matter what, because it just sorta fits and I like you and the word so I pair the two.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results