shape
carat
color
clarity

I ordered my ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your opinions and advice. I ordered my ring from Carrie at James Allen today- she is very sweet and I''m very excited about my selection! I had a few disappointments when two diamonds I very much wanted weren''t available but I''m happy with the specs on the one that I finally chose.

round brilliant 1.09 SI2
cut grade = excellent
polish = very good
symmetry = excellent
fluor = faint
depth = 58.8%
table = 60%
crown angle = 32.0
culet = none
HCA Score = 1.4
Ligt, Fire Return and Spread all excellent; scintillation is very good
The inclusions are a couple of twinning wisps and a natural.

I''ve attached a pic of the setting; I got it in white gold with the diamonds 3/4 around the ring rather than all the way round.

All for the bargain price of $5590! ($3512 for the diamond, $1985 for the setting, less a Pricescope discount but I paid with credit card vs. cash so the discount was slightly reduced)

Let me know what you think!! I have to get it appraised the moment we receive it because my fiancee is very focused on how much it''s worth vs. how much it cost- he wants bragging rights over someone at work who just got a ring from Jared''s that her fiancee paid $6,000 for. I''m sure ours will beat hers any day!!

Thanks again for all of your help!!

Platinum_E1_by_Danhov_small089.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How exciting!! The stone specs look great!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay for you. Please post pics once you get it..

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it. I can''t recall if anyone else here at PS has ordered the Danhov halo yet.
36.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
yay!! How exciting, It''s going to be fabulous. Can''t wait for pics!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I''m starting to get freaked out by the fact that the table is higher than the depth. Even though it rates very well I didn''t see the actual stone first so I''m totally going by numbers and after a lot of searching, only found one post about whether this will have a detrimental effect on the diamond or not. Consensus on that post seemed to be that it might or it might not. I know I can return it if I don''t like the stone but I''d really hate to wait another month for my ring to be reset!!

Does anyone out there have experience with the table being higher than the depth???

feathers

Rough_Rock
Chickflick, don''t freak out
2.gif

The 0.73ct diamond in my pendant has a depth of 59.7% and a table of ....ready?...65%. But I think it is pretty. Attached are two pictures of the pendant taken in different lighting conditions. I don''t have any other measurement info though.

temppen.JPG

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Yay, chickflick!!! That looks beautiful; I can''t wait to see it on your hand!!
9.gif
36.gif
28.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Feathers, your diamond pendant is beautiful! I do feel better.

And I can''t WAIT to post pics!

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
wow pretty good price for the diamond. What is the color?

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey CF ~
emrose.gif

I think the halo rings are very pretty, I am sure your halo from James Allen will be awesome!
9.gif

Post some pics for us to drool over when you get it ... please!
30.gif

Have a great evening!
35.gif

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 8:31:50 PM
Author: Jensia
wow pretty good price for the diamond. What is the color?
Sorry, should have mentioned that! It is an I color. I wanted a little more fluor but I''m hoping that with the setting it won''t show much color at all. I''m near-sighted, anyway, so I probably won''t be able to see the difference too much.
emotion-5.gif
I looked at an I color recently and it looked just fine to me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results