shape
carat
color
clarity

I.O.U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that trailer is...terrifying, compelling, disheartening, and looks like a must-see.
Its my turn to pick the movie, so we will go friday, so you have already seen it?

Thoughts?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Oh the trailer is all of that... but the worst part is that its true!
We went and saw it the night it opened, full theatre! I was actually pleasantly surprised.
We read a lot of Agora''s newsletter in our house so we knew this was coming... Also David Walker is someone I have been following for a while now and I am fascinated with what he has to say and the truth he speaks. I could have done without Warren Buffett though...
Let me know what you think.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
No. Didn''t even know about it, but I want to see it. I guess I''ll have to look around in the Austin area to see if it''s showing.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i hadn''t heard about it either. looks like something we''ll add to our list to see.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Glad I told you guys about it then. Please let me know what you think... I would love to discuss it with you guys!

shel

Shiny_Rock
The doom-and-gloom scenario is nothing new. It comes and goes with the business cycle. The U.S. will get back on its feet, eventually. I would watch the movie for its entertainment value and take everything that''s said with a grain of salt, especially if they try to predict the future.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:15:58 PM
Author: shel
The doom-and-gloom scenario is nothing new. It comes and goes with the business cycle. The U.S. will get back on its feet, eventually. I would watch the movie for its entertainment value and take everything that''s said with a grain of salt, especially if they try to predict the future.
It''s kinda hard to take facts with a grain of salt. Do you know who David Walker is?... Don''t think he''s puling these things out of thin air!
40.gif

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
Is there an example in history of a government who wasn't eventually undermined by an overdependence on borrowing from other nations?

The examples of history seem clear - going back to the American Revolution - caused in part because the stamp tax was levied so that the colonists could pay for the French and Indian war which was waged to protect the borders and then we were told to pay up, the French Revolution - Louis XIV had overborrowed, the list goes on and on right to those African nations who had governments that borrowed so much money and then their corrupt leaders just fled to a villa somewhere leaving the nation holding the bag.

Why would our nation's leaders want to make our country so vulnerable? I'm so disgusted.

They borrow - and buy jobs in the defense industry that wouldn't exist without the borrowing. And the media is controlled by the corporations who profit from it so all you hear is constant complaining about "entitlements" - when America has paid for a $500 hammer.

The only way out of all this debt is to inflate the Dollar so much that the debt will be proportionately smaller - which leaves the consumer and those that are trying to save for retirement holding the bag. And God help us if China or one of the Oil Producing countries like Saudi Arabia actually takes their currency off a float based on the Dollar and converts their float to Euros. We will be in the same boat as the British Pound - which was once the world's currency of record and lost that status in the past century.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2008 11:29:49 AM
Author: tanuki
The only way out of all this debt is to inflate the Dollar so much that the debt will be proportionately smaller - which leaves the consumer and those that are trying to save for retirement holding the bag.

The BEST way out is to make the tough decisions and cut (or at least hold) spending. This of course will result in a lot of entitlement and earmark promises being broken. Raise your hand if you want you Senator to not ask for money for your district''s special (and of course very deserving) projects!

After the spending is in check we need the economy to grow so that the deficit is a smaller % of GDP. A vibrant economy cures a lot of ills.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up, CrookedRock. I will e-mail my husband about this movie. We don''t keep up with new films and I am sure that he will want to see this, as do I! It''s great to have you hanging out here! :)

Deb
34.gif

Abril

Shiny_Rock
a

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Rank Amateur I can''t believe I''m actually agreeing with you on something!

Of course I think the biggest "entitlement" that should shrink is defense while your list may be different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results