shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brando

Rough_Rock
Alright I need some ideas. I created a plan of sorts but I''m not sure if I can do it. Background info is that we''ve been dating just over 2 years now. We have been talking about getting married about a year and seriously for about 3 or 4 months. We already booked a place to hold it as I work in schools and can really only do something in the summer. She knows we''re getting married, we''ve gone and looked and talked about rings but now I''m trying to surprise her with the proposal. I have my first diamond coming tomorrow and If it''s a keeper then it''s off to get a setting. Meanwhile she is real antsy about wanting to be engaged and brings it up a lot.

So here''s my idea so far...

We love the beach and drive over there a few times every year. When I have the ring I thought I''d invite her to go over with me and stay the night in a hotel (we''ve done this several times before). Now, she''s going to obviously think a proposal is coming and I plan to just keep her guessing the whole time about it. In fact I dont plan on proposing until we get back in town and I take her home where our families will be hiding to surprise her when I pop the question.

Now, I don''t know if I can pull this off, doing something like that in front of our families sounds cool but I''m going to get embarassed, and so will she. But it''ll be great to have it on video and to have the family able to see it. I dunno what do you all think?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that idea, but think it would be nice to propose while you are at the beach and then come home to a sort of suprise engagement party??? Best of both worlds???

Brando

Rough_Rock
Well, I could do that but I really want to surprise her. I mean, she has been involved in everything up to this point, looking at rings, picking out setting types that she likes, etc. She knows I'm saving up for it and everything. I wanted this one thing to be a surprise, something she didn't expect and if we go anywhere out of town I'm sure she'll be expecting it.
8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then go with your plan, it sounds great!!!!
36.gif

AlvinHuyN

Rough_Rock
I dont know. It sounds great but being with family while you rpopose isnt exactly the romantic proposal. If she likes it though, then you''re on the right track. But if she''s the hopeless romantic...you should propose at the beach.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 11:02:23 PM
Author: AlvinHuyN
I dont know. It sounds great but being with family while you rpopose isnt exactly the romantic proposal. If she likes it though, then you''re on the right track. But if she''s the hopeless romantic...you should propose at the beach.

I got proposed to on the beach WITH my family there. Best of both worlds huh?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
What if after the trip you''re carrying the bags back up to the house and you stop her and propose. That way by the time she''s ready to actually come in the house it''ll be because she wants to call people and they''ll all be right there.

bopitaddict

Shiny_Rock
can you throw her off the scent somehow? go there on your monthly anniversary and get her like a small present like a necklace or something... just to throw her off... and give all that to her early in the trip.

then maybe forget something on the beach that you two have to go get and propose there? of course, you have to try and not be nervous... otherwise, she''ll see right through you. ;-)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i wouldn''t do it with the whole family there during the proposal.. i think if it''s the two of you it''s much more personal- and less nerve-racking... i do think it would be nice if you could meet up with family after the initial proposal moment. i also like the video option...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results