shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help with the proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rickpiwo

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you all could help me out with the proposal!! For info on me, search RICKPIWO and I should come up; theres info on me, the ering i bought, ect.
Anyway, here is what I was thinking.

We are both hughe on family, so I wanted to incorporate that into the proposal. We both are also very focused on making a happy life together, understanding all of the blessings and challenges that married life will bring. SO, I want to get all of the wedding photos from my parents, grandparents, aunts and unlces, the same from her side, and frame them. I then want the living married couples to write down what their defining moment in the marriage was and how/why they overcame it. then, go to the park by her house and arrange them along a stone/brick path, starting from the oldest to newest couples. By each photo, I will have a few flowers, a candle, and a piece of chocolate. At the end, there will be a blank wedding frame with a card by it; on the card, I will write out how I discovered the power of love and the prescence of my God within her.
Then, I will get on one knee, ering in hand, hold her hand, and ask her. I want to incorporate how each flower that she picked up along the way, as well as how each piece of chocolate, are good in themselves, but better together.....we both are good alone, but great together....how life will be hard, that i cannot promise it wont be, but that i will be along her side the entire way; how life without her is possible, but without her one i wouldnt want to experiacne...

Any suggestions??

thanks,

rick

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like you have this one nailed pretty good. Just make sure the chocolate doesn''t melt.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
That is sooooo romantic. I think it''s a fantastic idea!

Diamond Joe Quimby

Rough_Rock
I also think that this is a fantastic idea and one that is terrific because family is important to you guys.....

I have an aunty who has this old brick wall in her hall - with hundreds of photos of the family - as each person has children she puts up a photo of the child, and updates it every few years. Then when the kids get married/attached/engaged the photo is updated to have them and their partner - then as more kids are added more photos get added etc......there are now several hundred on this old brick wall in a hotch potch of different frames of different sizes. Nothing matchses bu the wall as a whole looks brilliant!

The wall has photos going right back to my great grandparents and all the couples in between - I don''t have a very close family (my grandeparents died before I knew them, live a long way form family etc) , but every time I see these photos I think it is an awesome idea and I can look at them for hours.....and it is a very big talking point in her house and has become a bit of a ritual for her (changing photos as kids grow, finish school, finish college, get engaged etc!!

in the middle of the wall was a great big family portrait of her, her husband and two children.

so this idea of yours could actually develop into a fantastic family tradition, and one that is added to as you have children and eventually grand-children! A great talking point!

Brilliant and well thought out - a truly terrific idea in my opinion.

DJQ

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 11:53:56 PM
Author:rickpiwo
Hey everyone,
I was wondering if you all could help me out with the proposal!! For info on me, search RICKPIWO and I should come up; theres info on me, the ering i bought, ect.
Anyway, here is what I was thinking.

We are both hughe on family, so I wanted to incorporate that into the proposal. We both are also very focused on making a happy life together, understanding all of the blessings and challenges that married life will bring. SO, I want to get all of the wedding photos from my parents, grandparents, aunts and unlces, the same from her side, and frame them. I then want the living married couples to write down what their defining moment in the marriage was and how/why they overcame it. then, go to the park by her house and arrange them along a stone/brick path, starting from the oldest to newest couples. By each photo, I will have a few flowers, a candle, and a piece of chocolate. At the end, there will be a blank wedding frame with a card by it; on the card, I will write out how I discovered the power of love and the prescence of my God within her.
Then, I will get on one knee, ering in hand, hold her hand, and ask her. I want to incorporate how each flower that she picked up along the way, as well as how each piece of chocolate, are good in themselves, but better together.....we both are good alone, but great together....how life will be hard, that i cannot promise it wont be, but that i will be along her side the entire way; how life without her is possible, but without her one i wouldnt want to experiacne...

Any suggestions??

thanks,

rick
Rick- that is so beautiful, I got teary eyed reading your post!
You sound like a really special guy and a really special couple!

When are you thinking of proposing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results