shape
carat
color
clarity

I need help with getting rid of buyers remorse.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Hey, I need help. I recently upgraded my ring from a beautiful 0.47 RB to a 1.55 RB. It is so pretty, but today while I was out shopping people were staring and then looked at me weird. Then TWO, yes two, people asked me if it was real!!!
I tend to be one of those people that gets buyers remorse about everything, even if it is having to buy milk when it''s not on sale, but I thought I was OK with this buy. Now I keep thinking of the money we spent, and for what...ecspecially if people assume it''s fake. Maybe I should have just bought a $200 CZ and gone to Tahiti with the balance...not really, but the thought crossed my mind. I have TINY hands, so it does look really big on me, but I don''t think the actual size is outside the perameters of where we live or what we do.
Any wise words you can throw my way?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
skphotoimages,

Well, a CZ probably wouldn't sparkle as much as your diamond.

This girl said to me, "I saw you walking around with that, and I didn't think it could possibly be real." It's not even a big stone!! A 1.3 carat
3.gif

Then other girls have insinuated that it's too "small"

The bottom line is that your always going to get strange remarks. Personally I doubt I would get the same little thrill out of a CZ, when I look down. So the diamond is to make ME happy
9.gif
And that's worth it. Also, you rings make QUITE a statement! Let them look funny, it's because their thinking " WOW"
35.gif

stermag

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend and I are looking at 1.5 carat stones and your post made me pause for a minute. I imagined myself in your situation and for a moment my heart sank, but then I thought... why would someone ask "is that real?"

I suppose you could run into someone who is genuinely impressed with your ring and wishes it to be fake in hopes of being able to obtain one equally beautiful - in other words, if it''s CZ and it is SO beautiful, she could get one as well! Follow me?

On the other hand, I think in many (unfortunate) cases, the question is born out of envy. A woman asking another if her ring is real is so envious of it that she asks simply out of hope that her envy can be aleviated with the knowledge that the diamond isn''t real and couldn''t possibly be better then hers...

To you I say: be happy with your rock and wear it proudly, do not disguise it for fear of being judged or to spare someone else''s feelings. You do not have to apologize for who you are or what you have (or for what you do NOT have, for that matter). If you love it, that should be enough to combat your remorse! :)

TexasLawyer

Rough_Rock
Don't worry so much about what random strangers think! If you're happy with it, that is all that matters.

Easier said than done, I know...

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies and words of advice.
STERMAG..thank you for everything you wrote, it did make me take a different look at things. I never thought into it as to why the other person would say such a thing. I hope that my thoughts aren''t disuading you. 1.5ct is an awesome size. Granted I''ve only had mine for 36 hours or so, but I don''t think I''ll ever get "shrinkage" with this stone, and if I would have gotten a smaller stone, my guess is I''d want to upgrade to this size sooner or later. Best wishes on your search!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Envy?

Maybe???? But if that happens to you again, you should ask :

Why do you think my stone might not be genuine?

It could be that it looks so well people think it does look "fake". The public believes that imitation stones such as CZ or Moissanite rival the appearance of diamonds. However this really isn''t true.

CZ have more pastel colors in them, that do strike out at the eye. I''ve seem Moissianites, and to me ( I have a very well trained eye) look as fake as can be, and despite the midia hyping up how jewelers can be fooled by them, I truly believe that anyone in our business who can''t tell these apart should get a seeing eye dog, or find something else to be in business with.

As was pointed out earlier the question could have legiitamately been vented because the person could truly be jealous of a great looking pet rock. However as I suggested above, I''d sort of question WHY the question was asked, and that would probably either put you at ease or you could assume it was asked out of envy.

Hope this helps.

Rockdoc

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Can we see hand pictures?

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
I posted them on another thread, but to make things easy, let me try to post one again. I don''t quite have the lighting down yet, but you''ll get the idea.

wwnew01.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I had a woman chase me down in the parking lot, she grabbed my hand and said, "That ain''t real! That is a CZeeeee" Her "tooth challenged" boyfriend said "Yeah, that is fur sur not a D color!! Ain''t no point having a diamond if it ain''t a B, C, or D color..." Hmmm, oh really? (A, B, and C are just on standby for the day they are discovered...) What a clown boy!

I usually flip my ring around at the cash register...the clerks are THE WORST. They will call Anges, and Viola and Auntie M over to look at the rock...That just can''t be real! Funny though I have been in line with women ahead of me with 5 carats on and more around their neck...they just slip through like teflon. It must be an attitude. Or maybe we should buy our groceries at SAKS.

Just let it flow right off your back. Picture a dog after a bath....shake shake shake shake it off!

You will get thoughful compliments and those nice ones will dilute the RUDE ONES.

Have no remorse...life is too short! Love your bling! Embrace it! and Enjoy it!

DKS

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
DANG!! Wowzaa! What a rock!
30.gif

The little stones look huge on your finger! It looks lovely...and perfect...and perfectly real! Enjoy it!

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Door Knob Solitaire.
Here is a photo in relation to my whole hand, not just a segment of my finger
2.gif

handwring.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi!
People are probably used to seeing such poorly cut diamonds, they are not used to seeing the sparkle that yours have. Don''t let it bug you for another minute. Your rings are gorgeous!
Just wondering for personal reference, are they soldered together, and if not, how do you control for spinning?
Enjoy those beauties!
Gail

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
They are sodered together. The whole thing spins pretty bad though. It''s sized a 4 to make it over my knuckles being as wide as it is. I used to have little balls sodered inside to take it down to a 3.25, that worked, but when they just put in the new center, they removed them. The balls always hurt though, so I guess I''ll have to find another solution. Good thing is now my original ring is free, and I can wear just it when I feel I need something toned down.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
When I asked for pics I figured your fingers would be pretty small.
I am with everyone else - it looks fantastic - don''t let anyone get to you.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Take it as a compliment sk. If you''re in an area where there aren''t many rocks of that size some local folk will look at it with a little skepticism and disbelief.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Richard,

I wrote the exact same line...then I decided to delete it...

Your post was funny and appropriate! I hope skphoto got a giggle out of it too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would totally take it as a compliment, aka she was floored that it was so large or blingy or what not, and also consider that 99% of the buying public has no idea how to tell a diamond from a CZ etc. They usually can''t tell real from fake or D from I or VVS from SI or even what SIZE it is really. Tons of misconceptions out there. People also tend to think either diamonds are way more expensive than they are OR on the flip side, way cheaper than they really are (the $999 1c special from Zales or the like probably contributes to that!!).

Personally I buy for myself, not for others, so I don''t care what others think, if they think it''s too big or too small or looks fake or too gaudy or what not, I like admiring it, my husband loves it, I wear it and that''s all there is to it.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2005 9:38:33 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I had a woman chase me down in the parking lot, she grabbed my hand and said, ''That ain''t real! That is a CZeeeee'' Her ''tooth challenged'' boyfriend said ''Yeah, that is fur sur not a D color!! Ain''t no point having a diamond if it ain''t a B, C, or D color...'' Hmmm, oh really? (A, B, and C are just on standby for the day they are discovered...) What a clown boy!

DKS
DK - you are too funny and deserve your own agony column with your witty advice and comments!
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life is too short to waste time on buyer''s remorse or worrying about what anyone else thinks.

mrssparkles

Rough_Rock
I am astounded that there are people (strangers) who would make known their skepticism in this way i.e. blatantly asking! I know of women who get jealous or envious when they see other women wearing larger and more sparkly diamonds, but I have never come across any rude women who dare ask such a tactless question! Shocking.

Your ring looks beatiful on you. Cherish it. Perfect size for your slender fingers.

Mrsgardener

Rough_Rock
WOW-- What a beautiful ring! It looks lovely on her hand.-- Please be careful! Even though people comment re if its real and its beauty, they could be crooks on the take!
People ask the Darnest questions! I have been stopped by several people on the street and asked by visitors on my job, what happened to my leg that has a brace on it.
Today I go and buy my Emerald cut diamond!
30.gif

Former Law Enforcement Officer

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOH congrats mrsgardener! How exciting , please post pics when you have it and I hope you leg gets better soon. Nothing like a sparkly to give a gal a boost!
41.gif
31.gif
I wear my 3 carat plus rock with jeans, boots and wax jacket after seeing to the horses and get some very funny looks as if people think it is a fake, I don't let it worry me in the least - I know the truth and if they think I am being pretentious by wearing it it doesn't bother me - I am too busy enjoying my daily life AND my diamond!
30.gif
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
SK, definitely don''t worry about what others say! As long as you are happy, then don''t worry. But I do like the suggestion that the next time this happens (if it does) you should ask them why they would think such a thing. Put them on the spot
2.gif

This summer I was working at a courthouse working with pro se divorce and restraining order cases. One couple came in to fill out some paperwork, and the man immediately said, "Wow! Is that ring real??" I smiled and said yes. I could tell he didn''t mean it to be mean, more like he had never seen anyone wearing a real diamond this size(1.30ct). A couple minutes later he asked: "Zales or Tiffanys??" LOL, I said neither, just a local jeweler. He seemed amazed that he came from a local jeweler and not Zales or Tiffanys. Not sure why
33.gif
. But in the end, I knew he was being nice, he was just a bit on the rough side with his conversation skills
2.gif

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2005 2:05:27 AM
Author: Richard Sherwood
GOOD LORD! Is that thing REAL?
Grrr.
Just Kidding. I did get a big smile from that one!
1.gif

Congrats mrsgardner! Does that mean we'll see pics later?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2005 5:05:54 PM
Author:skphotoimages
Hey, I need help. I recently upgraded my ring from a beautiful 0.47 RB to a 1.55 RB. It is so pretty, but today while I was out shopping people were staring and then looked at me weird. Then TWO, yes two, people asked me if it was real!!!
assuming they were female:
next time point to there chest and ask loudly are those real???
then softly say sorry to be rude but you started it.

Or just think about saying it and chuckle and go on.

skphotoimages

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2005 10:14:37 AM
Author: strmrdr

OMG, I about fell off my chair when I read that! I think just for the fun of it I will say that next time!!
31.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2005 11:09:22 AM
Author: skphotoimages

OMG, I about fell off my chair when I read that! I think just for the fun of it I will say that next time!!
31.gif

If you do you have to report back on the responce. :}

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Author:skphotoimages

23.gif
9.gif
too funny!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the best one yet, good one Storm.
31.gif
Funny no one has ever said that to me about my ring. But if they do now I have an appropriate response, haha.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results