shape
carat
color
clarity

i need assscher help~~quick!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vermillion66

Rough_Rock
Hello! new here to the forum, but have been a voyeur for quite some time! We are on the verge of purchasing a beautiful(we think) ASSHER CUT stone. here are the specs:

6.63 x 6.53 x 4.69 mm
1.76 carat
Depth: 71.8%
Table:63%
Girdle:THK to VTK
Cutlet: none
Polish:excellent
Symmetry:excellent
Clarity:VS1
Color:H
Flourescence: none
We looked at other stones but this one sang. The real question here is the price. Was referred by a friend, she buys all her pretties from this guy. He wants 10K.(if we pay cash, if not then we pay tax). What''s the verdict? Good price? We haven''t tried to talk him down at all yet. We know the first price is always neg. Any help would be appreciated....I have to give an answer by Friday or he has to send the stone back to the dealer!! Oh, and we are in NYC, if that makes any difference. Thank you all so much for all the great info i have gotten thus far!
28.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
gia cert?
cant go by the numbers, need pics to really help you but if you like it....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it sang to you and had that pleasing pattern it could be the one. I will reserve judgement and defer to our resident expert on asschers which is Storm. The girdle could be a concern, not sure. If you could post a pic that would be great as we go by pics for asschers. The numbers are just a guideline. But you''ve seen it and we haven''t. I hope it''s the one. I love this cut and have one myself.
1.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
10k-11k is pretty much the going rate, so the price is ok, if its a gia cert.

vermillion66

Rough_Rock
thanks alot everyone! yes, i forgot to add that it definitely IS a GIA certified stone. i can''t get a pic b/c it''s not from an online source. we don''t expect a deal, just don''t want to get ripped off! also, how does the girdle width affect the stone? thanks again!

widget

Ideal_Rock
vermillion....It''s got a GIA cert, price is OK, and most important of all: IT SANG TO YOU!!!!!!!

I say: GO FOR IT!!

Good luck!

widget

(I''m sure Storm will give you a proper answer, but I THINK the thick girdle only means that the stone is carrying weight (that one pays for) that doesn''t contribute to the visual size of the stone (spread). But remember: NO stone is perfect! ...nor do many ''sing'',
1.gif
)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/16/2005 7:05:33 PM
Author: widget
vermillion....It''s got a GIA cert, price is OK, and most important of all: IT SANG TO YOU!!!!!!!

I say: GO FOR IT!!

Good luck!

widget

(I''m sure Storm will give you a proper answer, but I THINK the thick girdle only means that the stone is carrying weight (that one pays for) that doesn''t contribute to the visual size of the stone (spread). But remember: NO stone is perfect! ...nor do many ''sing'',
1.gif
)

bingo close enough :}
thick is normal for an asscher, vth is a bit big but at $10k its discounted for the added girdle so its not an issue.

vermillion66

Rough_Rock
thanks, all! i(we) feel much better. i really want this one, was just unsure about the price. don''t know how many of you have tried to navigate 47th st. frightening to say the least!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s scary, I''ve been there many times. But sounds like you found a great asscher, and for a decent price. Congrats!!! How are you going to set it???

vermillion66

Rough_Rock
ha ha ha !!
19.gif
you know, i haven''t even gotten that far yet!! i just want to get my hands on that little pretty and take it from there! do you guys have any suggestions on settings that would be nice for that stone? i don''t like anything too busy. maybe someone has a unique idea!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
See I''m the opposite, but the asscher I bought was for a RHR. I knew exactly how I wanted to set it. You might want to look up www.artofplatinum.com Leon Mege. He does great work. But also I am loving an asscher in a solitaire setting with double prongs, or claw prongs if you will. You should get the stone and then start a whole new thread for it. You''ll get tons of pics and some great ideas. Good luck. I am always thinking ahead, sorry to make your head swim!!
3.gif

vermillion66

Rough_Rock
will do that! and thanks again to all for all your great comments! i will post again after i get the stone so i can have a headache!!! and then we have a wedding to plan.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results