shape
carat
color
clarity

I need advice on specs for diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

patil22

Rough_Rock
Even though this is an EGL certified ring instead of GIA, I am ok with that. BUt could someone help me with the proportions....

Shape and Cut: Round Brilliant
Measurments: 7.62-7.55 X 4.75 mm

Depth: 62.6%
Width: 55%
Crown Height: 15%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle Thickness: Medium, Faceted

Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None

Clarity Grade: SI1
Graining: Nil
Color: F
Fluorescence: None

The ring has great sparkle, 1.70 carat, ideal cut...

I know there are many different opinions on certification, etc, but I need some advice on the measurements..

Thanks....

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what do you want to know about the measurements?

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
A bit higher of a depth than necessary, although a good combination of angles.

You said in your other post that you believe most Tolkowsky ideal cuts come with EGL Israel certs . . . who told you this? The jeweler? Does this stone come with an EGL Israel report?

I don''t like your jeweler''s explanation as to why he couldn''t possibly part with a couple of hundred dollars and the stone for a few days to make the sale with you. If he already has a buyer lined up for it, he should sell to them, not try to evade your questions and convince you to buy it as is. My guess is he knows it would likely come back as G SI2 or something like that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t see your other post, so I can''t comment on what was said before. But I can say that I''m not liking the depth of this stone.

patil22

Rough_Rock
you are right that the depth is a little deep, but according to the cut advisor with these numbers it rates as excellent, 1.0

the jeweler will let me send it to gia, but I decided to not send it due to time, any it actually is egl isreali certified, I realize not everything makes it perfect but its a nice diamond for the price.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 10:06:07 PM
Author: patil22
you are right that the depth is a little deep, but according to the cut advisor with these numbers it rates as excellent, 1.0

the jeweler will let me send it to gia, but I decided to not send it due to time, any it actually is egl isreali certified, I realize not everything makes it perfect but its a nice diamond for the price.

There is nothing further to say then other than...
Congrates!!!!!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 10:06:07 PM
Author: patil22

Did you put the crown and pavilion % in - or did you have angles? Someone said good angle combo, and strm commented that there's no more to say so I may be missing something. In all cases I prefer angles to % for crown and pavilion with the HCA assessment.

That said, I don't want to be a damp rag.
41.gif
If you have seen it, it speaks to you and is right for the price another number from the HCA will be irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results