shape
carat
color
clarity

I made an honest woman out of her...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Really elegant. I love the setting too - who made the setting?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fabulous!

jakew

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 3:47:36 PM
Author: vespergirl
Gorgeous ring! Really elegant. I love the setting too - who made the setting?
I'm not sure who made the setting, actually. I bought the stone loose wholesale from a friend-of-friend in the business here in NYC who does custom jewelery. I picked out a setting style (it's actually a copy of an old setting they had lying around) and the size/angle of the baguettes. Then whoever does their settings just made the ring.

You can't see it from the photos, but the primary concern was to keep the ring from getting too tall and this setting is pretty short. (My fiancee was worried that she would knock it into things, etc.) The only problem is that there isn't clearance under the stone for a wedding band (which I assume is why most larger stone settings are so tall in the first place). We were told that she'll just have to wear the ring on her right hand and the band on the left.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow... what a fantastic emerald! so elegant, congrats!
36.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!

I love, love, love a pretty emerald cut.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She could try a plain band next to it to see how much of a gap there is. Maybe she''d like the gap look. Maybe you''ve already tried this. But gaps are common with vintage styles and can look good -- all in the eye of the wearer though.

Again it''s a lovely lovely ering.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Very elegant! Your fiancee must be thrilled!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
So classic, so pretty. You did a wonderful job JakeW!!! Congratulations
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results