shape
carat
color
clarity

I love Wally Lamb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if any of you have read She''s Come Undone orThis Much I Know Is True but if you have, then you probably know that Wally Lamb is an incredible author who goes really deep into human behavior and into the human mind.

She''s Come Undone was the first book I ever "fell in love with" and have given copies of it to family and friends over the years...it still means a lot to me..

So, last Tuesday Wally Lamb finally released his new fiction novel after 9 years of practical silence (save for the two books he''s edited). His new work is titled, The Hour I First Believed ... and it is even more incredible, and touching, and deep than anything I''ve ever read before.

The basic story line revolves around this middle aged teacher Caelum who is married to a younger school nurse, Maureen. They both work at Columbine High school during April of 1999 -- and the book centers around the school shooting, and how it unfolds their relationship...the story ends up pulling back in Caelums'' family history all the way to the Civil War.

I know it sounds odd...and at first I only bought the book because I felt like I''ve waited 9 years to see what Wally Lamb could come up with ... and I owed it to myself to give it a fair shake. And, let me tell you here and now, even though this book is upwards of 700 pages, you''ll read it all in the blink of an eye. It is moving, and touching and Caelum is so real, and interesting on paper, he''s this flawed man whose whole world fell down.

So, if you''re looking for a great read to carry you thru the Holidays, I strongly recommend this book...five stars for sure!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
so glad you posted this...I love his work. I really need to read that, glad you liked it. I think I will put it on my Christmas list
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results