shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congratulations on a great new setting AND the new sapphire ring!
9.gif

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 9:09:13 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
Joolskie--I just looked at that on Knox site today!! And you're right, Brian must have that phone grafted to his hand because he answers the phone in about a second.

Your ring is soooooooooo lovely!! Your ring, the WF legato with micropave and maybe a Vatche are on my short list. I would love more hand pictures with the basket prominantly featured, pretty please? Any musings about the ring in general that might help me decide?

Did someone say more pictures?!? LOL!

HappyAnniversary, we seem to have similar tastes. My short list came down to the WF Legato with micropave, the Knox Pave Petite and the setting that I ended up choosing. One of the major deciding factors for me was metal. I was recently introduced to palladium thanks to my local jeweler and my 10th anniversary band. I like that it does not have to be rhodium plated and that it is less expensive than platinum. WF does not currently work with palladium, so the Legato was out.

Knox will do most of their settings in palladium. So, it came down to the Pave Petite and the Custom Petite. The differences between the two are that the Custom Petite does not have the milgrain detail and the head is a basket style. So, it was off to the B&M to check out basket style settings.

After trying on a Ritani Endless Love solitaire that was that. I really liked how the basket cupped the stone. And after having a Tiffany style setting for over 10 years, I was ready for a change. As I wanted the basket style and I liked the sleeker look without the milgrain, a palladium Knox Custom Petite was the perfect choice for me.

As far as the setting itself... the four-prong, basket head is very delicate. It doesn't look so in the photos. At .51ct, My RB is on the modest side. But I love it and do not plan on upgrading. This setting really highlights my stone in a beautiful way. The basket-style head, thin shank (it is 2.3mm wide) and pave make my stone appear larger than it is.

Here are some more photos. I tried to capture the profile for ya!

DSCF0159.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
The basket is much more delicate than it appears...

DSCF0160.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is a shot looking down my hand...

DSCF0163.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side view...

DSCF0165.JPG

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
This shot shows the width and how it looks in proportion to my RB. The wedding band is a 2mm plain palladium.

DSCF0164.JPG

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much!! Yes, Isn''t it funny how the macro photos alter the perception of things? "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" Or whatever
20.gif

What''s funny is I thought I asked Brian if it could be done in palladium and I thought he said no??? Maybe I am getting the question mixed up with my talks with WF. Did they make this custom change for you? or was it already available? Does palladium feel heavier than whitegold?

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
My setting is 950 palladium not WG with palladium. And I know that Knox will do most of their settings in the 950 palladium. You do have to request a quote for it however. The cost is a little bit more than the price for gold. WF does not work with 950 palladium at this time. WF does offer WG with palladium.

As far as the palladium goes... it is lightweight like gold. It does not have the weight of platinum. But, it is in the same metal family as platinum. So, it "wears" like platinum. My anniversary and wedding bands (both are palladium) have that patina thing going on. My best friend and I compared my palladium band to her Tacori platinum band and we both agreed that the "color" of the metal is the same.

I have never owned a piece of platinum jewelry. So, the "weight" of the metal was not a deal breaker for me. I like that palladium is more affordable compared to platinum and that it does not need rhodium plating. I am very happy with it!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for answers to my questions. The little basket looks beautiful. Thanks for the great pics. I can''t wait till I can wear my diamond. As it is I just put it in that littl holder and twirl it like its a magic wand!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It looks great! Two new rings!! What fun!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! on a great reset. I really like the profile and the sapp looks very nice. How about some more photos of the sapp. and some stats?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results