shape
carat
color
clarity

I love my new Razr V3c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I had a V710 which I was fine with, but some other people filed a very silly lawsuit and I had to switch phones. For the last two months I have been dealing with the Samsung SCH-a950 which I think is rotten since the bluetooth almost never found my car, and I missed countless phone calls becuase the thing never rang.
38.gif

However I have the RazrV3c now and I could not be more pleased. It works properly in my Lexus and I can use it in my buildings on campus! Yippee! I am so very pleased! Woo Hoo!
I have a fully functioning phone!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Mata- I cannot wait to get the Razr in Magenta! But I''ve heard bad things regarding the reception/signal? Do you find this to be true?
Congrats on your purchase!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have heard that about the T-mobile ones but not the Verizion, so I think it will depend on your carrier, the acutal phones are made alittle diffrently and the verizion ones have something extra to make the internal atenna work better.
Who is your service provider? Have you tried Howard or Cnet both are great with phone concerns.
Mine is doing very well thus far, once I am in NJ I will post again to let you know if it works in our house, which usally cuts off phones as they cross the threshold.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Angel,

I''m in the Chicago area, here are my thoughts/experiences with the Razr. Btw, Cingular is my service.

I have one friend who loves his phone, no complaints. Then I hate my phone. Its funny because after I got it a bunch of guys at work got them...as I''ve slowly become less and less impressed with the phone so have they...I think my complaining has made them dislike their phones as well
3.gif
My brother is pretty indifferent, its not his favorite but he doesn''t dislike it as much as I do.

The overall reception is worse than I used to get. Hell, its worse than some of my friends get with their other cingular phones! I hit spots on the Edens where it just cuts out, same thing on my Metra ride. THat never happened to me before, and I hate it! Its definitely major since it is my commute and that is when I am usually catching up with friends. The only improvement I saw was my old phone did not get good reception during the summer when the trees filled in around my house and I''d have to press myself against a widow to talk, hehe...now with the Razr, I can sit next to the window with out fear of breaking through and falling a few stories
3.gif
It doesnt work in most of my house though, only near windows, where as my youngest brother got reception in our basement. I also have some issues with the volume button placement being across from others, so you press them both if you''re only using one hand...so you need two hands to change the volume... and the delayed response when you want to hang up a call, unless you close the phone. The outside display is tiny too. My brother''s complaint is the battery life.

Overall, I give it a thumbs down and wish I had gone with a different phone. Before buying it, go see if you like it in person. A lot of people are surprised at how large it is. It is thin, but a little wider than the average phone. Also keep in mind that it is the most returned phone currently on the market...so my coworkers and I aren''t the only one with complaints!

Lol, and this is the most petty of my complaints, but for such an expensive phone they couldn''t even include a full game on it, just a demo. Cheapo motorola!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend has the Razr...he adores it, it''s on Cingular. I loved it so much I was tempted to switch carriers...my last contract was up this summer and Sprint has been on me to resign.

Then the Sprint store told me they are getting something new in from their new affiliation with Nextel that is supposedly as good looking but better ''functions'' than the Razr and it''s coming out in Dec I think...or maybe Jan. So I figured I''d wait and see what it was before switching....
9.gif
Then again I get so overwhelmed by the functions on phones that I usually never use them, so don''t even know why I care. hahhaaa.

The pink Razr is cute but I wish it was a pastel rather than a hot pink, that''s so not me on a daily basis...hehee.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Motorola Razr Information
Part of it at least is your carrier and thier signals, the Razrs from one service provider to the next are not the same. I am thrilled with mine, but all I do with my phone is send and receive calls and have the bluetooth hook up to my car. I dont use mine for playing games, watching movies or listening to music.

Mara- If you are intreasted in other phones that will be coming out or the previews about them, phones, release dates, cost and all that Jazz, then you might try Howard Chui Mobile Phone Forums It is a collection of people who are just mad for cell phones. Sort of like PS but not as well moderated.

Which new phone were you looking at?

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 12:00:25 AM
Author: Mara

Then again I get so overwhelmed by the functions on phones that I usually never use them, so don''t even know why I care. hahhaaa.
That''s how I feel. I just want them to make normal phones! So I can call and not have to worry about all the extra features that I don''t need. Its funny because it is so hard to find a phone w/o a camera and yet all of the companies that make camera phones don''t even allow their employees to bring them into the buildings for fear that they''ll steal important information.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Blue, that's the thing, you get all excited about functions but then they make it so hard for you to use them...

Greg got a new phone last week and it had all this cool stuff, well all he wanted to do was put a picture of Portia on his screensaver, or rather as his phone 'desktop'. Well turns out we have to have the Sprint picture service to do that and it costs extra but we couldn't just add it online, we had to call and this and that and finally after 15 minutes of just trying to find a way to upload a friggin pic to his phone we were SOOOOOOOO irritated and over it. We just said NEVERMIND. So not worth it.

So literally after that first night of us looking at the manual and trying different things, we have not played around with it once. It just gets too overwhelming at times. The only thing I could think of when we were trying to find information on how to do the desktop was where is the USB cable and connector to the phone? I mean come on make this easy will ya???? Instead it's all about adding services and charging for this or that. Totally tedious.

Anyway, the new phone that they told me about, not sure what it's called but I guess it's by Nextel ... they didn't have it out yet at the store. But when I think about how fun it'd be to have a new phone with cool features, I just think about not being able to put a Portia pic on our phone and I give it a big raspberry tongue. So we'll see.
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info Blue. Yes, it is so pretty on the outside but if I can''t get reception, what''s the point? I have Cingular and with my current phone there are certain spots in the house that mine doesn''t work but I think it''s just my house. With my old AT&T phone I couldn''t get ANY signal at my bf''s house in Streamwood but now with Cingular (they merged, had to switch!) it works great. I just love the look of the pink RAZR. I contacted Cingular and they said they have no idea if and when they will get the Magenta RAZR. Yet I saw an article on MSN that said Cingular will be carrying it. They have a great deal now where you can get the black for only $99

I guess I''ll just wait. Again, it is pricey and there''s no point in getting it if I get horrible reception.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well I am in NJ now and the phone works well inside the house! Yippee! I am so glad to have a phone that works everywhere! Angel I hope you find a phone that you love that gets great reception. I know VW has a 15 day return policy so that if you dont like the phone you can get refund, does Cingular do that? If so perhaps that would work well for you, you could get it and if in two weeks you love it, keep it, if not return it for a full refund.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I also have Cingular, and besides for finding that Verizon still beats Cingular in coverage in my area of CT, I have found that motorola phones do not get as good as reception as my nokia phones. My fiance and my best friend both have two different models made by motorola (all of us are with Cingular), and every time they do not have service, my nokia phone does. And the sad thing is that at least twice a week I want to throw my phone out my car window and run over it because the Cingular service is really less than desirable. I can only imagine how angry they must get with their motorola phones.

Of course, when I had Verizon, my motorola phones worked just fine, so who knows
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any new Razr owners? I just got the pink one from Cingular and I have 30 days to try it out. I already have a question - I have been able to figure out just about everything EXCEPT how to store multiple numbers under one name. ie. my Nokia phone had different icons under the same contact name for work, home, cell, etc. I can''t find this on the Motorola...it seems like I have to have a different contact for each number, ie. So and So Cell, So and So Work, etc. Is this true, or am I missing something?

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Razr and so far it''s been fine. I make a lot of calls -- I have 2500 minutes on my T-Mobile plan -- and so far my reception has been just as good with my old phone I had with Cingular (it wasn''t a Razr).

Has anyone bought the Motorola Pebl? That''s the one I really wanted, but it was more expensive.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m taking back my question, though nobody seemed to have an answer - I returned the phone after 48 hours. Hated it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh really why FG?

i love the new razr colors so much i was thinking of transferring from spring to cingular to get the blue one. a few of my friends have them and seem to like them... but you didn''t?

right now i have a samsung. i''ve had a motorola in the past, two samsungs and one other brand i can''t remember. they all were fine, i tend to not use more than 1/3 of the functionality anyway..hehe.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few reasons. The phone is SUPER cute - loved the way the pink looked. But it ended there for me. The phone is slim but it is quite wide, and it was not comfortable for me to have it up to my ear and talk. On top of that, when I held the phone to my ear it was difficult to hear the person talking well. The highest volume level isn't high enough. The speakerphone works great, but you have to hold the phone backwards to talk to people and hear them well, and whereas with other phones when you're on speaker, the person you're talking to will say "you faded there" or "i can't hear you so well" with the Razr it was all or nothing - either they could hear me, or they thought the call was dropped or I was cutting in and out when actually, the phone transmission was fine. If you use the bluetooth headset exclusively, you could probably get around some of those things...but who's going to use that every single time they're on the phone!? The reception was not better, in fact not as good as my Nokia. Also, the address book really IS crappy...apparently there is a way to have multiple numbers under one contact but I was not able to figure it out, and it appears to be convoluted and not all that useful. Others who have figured it out have said they just ended up making multiple contacts for everyone anyway.

The ideal phone for me, my perfect phone...I have found but it is NOT available in the US.
emcry.gif
Why do we get the crappiest phones here? They have such SUPER CUTE phones in Japan and Europe...it takes forever to get anything decent here. Why?! I have had such great luck with Nokia. I fell in love with a friend's Siemens phone that was a slider and when I went to get one, they were no longer making it. This one below is EVERYTHING I want....a Nokia, a slider phone, and such a cute PINK! I would ebay it but it is a triband phone and since it's from europe, 2 of the 3 bands are for overseas. It's missing one of the US bands, and unfortunately it's the stronger signal band that's missing so I'm afraid to shell out the $$ and have it not work well. BOO HISS!!! I want it!!!!

e5_1.jpg

Rezi

Rough_Rock
For once someone compliments Nokia! Way to go FireGoddess
9.gif

Nokia comes from Finland if you didn''t already know..

How about 7370 - it is quite cool. From the new L''amour collection..

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/7370

nokia7370.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you know I saw that phone online?! I couldn't find a closeup shot but I loved it! I couldn't make up my mind because I couldn't catch the closeup...but yummy! Again - same problem - with the triband thing. If these phones were quadband I would snap one up in a minute. I did sign up to hear when this phone will hit the USA, as that will definitely have the proper bands.

I may see if my BIL in Europe can snag a 6111 for me, so that I won't have to pay exorbitant prices online here and if it doesn't work, I'm not out anything.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
all the other countries always have the best looking phones, it seems like us here in the US are always behind!! wah!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the same phone, Mat, but with Verizon. It drops a lot of calls and the bluetooth is wiggy, as I walk to my car and beep my car to open it, it seems to randomly blank out to the bluetooth and I have to disconnect it quickly...kind of makes me nuts but I do love the phone...it is small and thin..

Rezi

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/4/2006 5:53:23 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I may see if my BIL in Europe can snag a 6111 for me, so that I won''t have to pay exorbitant prices online here and if it doesn''t work, I''m not out anything.
1.gif

Don''t you still have to pay for the phone, and if it doesn''t work, you will loose what you have paid?

Well.. anyway. Both phones should support EGSM900/GSM1800/1900 networks. I did some price digging and it seems that in Finland that N6111 is about 250 euros, and 7370 a little over 300 euros. Of course depending where you buy. And these come without any string attached, as it is forbidden in Finland to sell phone+connection packed together (or only allowed with new high technology 3G models).

Ok, too many facts... my head will explode now
26.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hehe - there's the rub - my BIL would get it for me and never let me pay him back for it.
11.gif
My guilt about that is small considering how many gift packages we send to him.
2.gif
9.gif

I did get a Cingular employee to tell me that the 850 mhz band in the USA is the stronger band, better at penetrating buildings, etc, so there's my concern with the European Nokia...that it's only got the 1900 band and that's not as strong here. Why can't they make the phones quad band?!!! I have seen a few quad band phones, actually....but only a few.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I so don''t need a new phone, but I love the look of the pink/magenta razrs. Also a tip for anyone who wants to switch providers. I bought my current phone on amazon when I switched from Sprint to TMobile, and I got $50 rebate from T and a $150 rebate from amazon, so the two rebates paid for my phone. Something to think about.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a public service announcement
2.gif
, I wanted to tell everyone that I tried the Pantech C300 phone from Cingular - the one touted to be the smallest phone in existence (someone actually asked me if it was a toy)...and while very cute, very small.....returned it!!
14.gif

The main problems were:
1. Speakerphone is just total cr@p.
2. Bad reception - some of it was definitely due to the phone.
3. Depletes itself of charge too rapidly. They say you get 3 hours of talk time at least.....I don''t think I even got an entire hour before the phone was dead. I ran out of battery every single day...and with every other phone I''ve had....I could go 3-4 days without ever charging the battery.

Here''s the culprit, fyi. Note - it''s a stock photo, not my hand.
2.gif

pantechc300.gif

Grace43537

Rough_Rock
I love my Razr, too! I have Alltel, and I get reception everywhere I go, for once. My only complaint is the location of the speakerphone button. Every time I open the phone using one hand it turns on the speakerphone, which is beyond annoying.
-Grace

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh FG... I finally do not feel alone in the world anymore... i HATE the razr phones!!! I''m a Nokia girl too! This is my current phone and I love it (6102i)... I get GREAT reception and just love it. It''s nice and small... just perfect. DH got a Motorola at the same time and cant get ANY reception in our house while I have a full tower. HUGE pain the butt since we dont have a real phone and just use our cells!

6102i-center-top.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 3:15:23 PM
Author: njc
Oh FG... I finally do not feel alone in the world anymore... i HATE the razr phones!!! I''m a Nokia girl too! This is my current phone and I love it (6102i)... I get GREAT reception and just love it. It''s nice and small... just perfect. DH got a Motorola at the same time and cant get ANY reception in our house while I have a full tower. HUGE pain the butt since we dont have a real phone and just use our cells!

6102i-center-top.jpg
GIRL....GUESS WHAT?!?!?

That''s the phone I just got!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cingular had to comp me a phone because my Nokia 3220b was still under its 1 yr warranty when it stopped working well. That''s when I tried the Razr (hated it!) and Pantech (hated it!) and they finally sent me a replacement 3220b. BUT....it had the same problem as my original 3220b (wonky signal and inability to complete a phone call)....so it looks like the problem is Cingular''s updates to its network being incompatible with that model of phone altogether. Since they still owed me a phone that WORKED with their network...they just sent me the 6102i!! I got it yesterday and I love it. No more problems. I''m definitely a Nokia girl....not a single one has ever let me down...including the 3220b...since the problem seemed to stem from Cingular and not the phone.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 6:37:07 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 7/13/2006 3:15:23 PM
Author: njc

6102i-center-top.jpg
GIRL....GUESS WHAT?!?!?

That''s the phone I just got!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cingular had to comp me a phone because my Nokia 3220b was still under its 1 yr warranty when it stopped working well. That''s when I tried the Razr (hated it!) and Pantech (hated it!) and they finally sent me a replacement 3220b. BUT....it had the same problem as my original 3220b (wonky signal and inability to complete a phone call)....so it looks like the problem is Cingular''s updates to its network being incompatible with that model of phone altogether. Since they still owed me a phone that WORKED with their network...they just sent me the 6102i!! I got it yesterday and I love it. No more problems. I''m definitely a Nokia girl....not a single one has ever let me down...including the 3220b...since the problem seemed to stem from Cingular and not the phone.
My husband has that phone and I have the Razr. They''re both working really well on Cingular, although I''m not super impressed with the Rz. It works just fine, it''s just a little awkward...

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Should be a drop down box for different ''types'' of numbers like personal, business, Mobile, home etc.

I had a razr, but I live in a cold area, plugged it in, in the bathroom one nite (dont'' ask, the house is 200 years old)., and the front screen was cracked when I went to get it the next a.m. Never dropped it, so I don''t get it, unless the cold made it crack?

Anyway, I have Cingular as well, it always worked (mechanically) just fine, and I never had to pay to embed a pic on the desktop. I payed once, to download blvd of broken dreams for a ring tone, and that was it.

Now I have a Treo 650, and I don''t know how I did w/o it before, so much easier than a Palm And a phone.

win

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results